Stick a fork in it

/dev/null

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the EJ sucks crowd? Eating Crow are they?

Amazing that a project QB could actually get better under professional coaching, huh?...LOL So glad he's proving the naysayers who had no patience wrong. Glad they weren't calling the shots for this team because once cut EJ would be a Jet right now.

I don't pretend to be a good talent analyst by any means, but I really don't understand how people are determining that TT is the clear cut starter based upon what we have seen in this offense. Don't get me wrong here. I think TT looks great. But EJ has been consistently dropping the long ball on a dime, hitting his WRs in stride, and scoring TDs. It seems a tough decision to make picking between the two IMO....maybe some of you are better at talent evaluation than I am?

Edited by Dibs

I don't pretend to be a good talent analyst by any means, but I really don't understand how people are determining that TT is the clear cut starter based upon what we have seen in this offense. Don't get me wrong here. I think TT looks great. But EJ has been consistently dropping the long ball on a dime, hitting his WRs in stride, and scoring TDs. It seems a tough decision to make picking between the two IMO....maybe some of you are better at talent evaluation than I am?

I don't disagree. I do think that Rex and Roman each came into camp with a favorite (TT & Cassel), so EJ was behind the 8 ball. I think they've both played really well so I assume they'll choose TT because of that predilection for TT.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

EJ has looked good in preseason before, but it hasn't carried over. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not sold. Tyrod hasn't gone through the that test yet. The regular season is a totally different situation than preseason - especially after teams get tape on a player. The last half of a season can look vastly different from the first half due to that. Defenses adjust and QBs also have to adjust. Some can, most can't. I'm good with Taylor getting his shot and I'm good with EJ getting another shot if Tyrod doesn't cut it or gets injured. All that Cassel gives a team is a QB with no mobility who can throw up to 15 yards downfield. He's an expensive back up at his salary so I can see the Bills dumping him or asking him to take a pay cut to be a mentor. He may very well be available to pick up mid season if he's let go and injuries mount.

There is a ton of exuberance now, but while there are some things to love about the Bills I'm going to take preseason with a grain of salt.

EJ has looked good in preseason before, but it hasn't carried over. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not sold......

Has he? Year one preseason he got injured and year two preseason he looked really bad.

EJ has looked good in preseason before, but it hasn't carried over. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not sold. Tyrod hasn't gone through the that test yet. The regular season is a totally different situation than preseason - especially after teams get tape on a player. The last half of a season can look vastly different from the first half due to that. Defenses adjust and QBs also have to adjust. Some can, most can't. I'm good with Taylor getting his shot and I'm good with EJ getting another shot if Tyrod doesn't cut it or gets injured. All that Cassel gives a team is a QB with no mobility who can throw up to 15 yards downfield. He's an expensive back up at his salary so I can see the Bills dumping him or asking him to take a pay cut to be a mentor. He may very well be available to pick up mid season if he's let go and injuries mount.

There is a ton of exuberance now, but while there are some things to love about the Bills I'm going to take preseason with a grain of salt.

When has EJ looked good in preseason? How many QBs did they play in preseason games under Marrone? They all looked bad.