Stick a fork in it

/dev/null

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope Cassel, he's better than AVP was when he was 3rd string to Flutie/RJ. Toss in he gives insurance just in case the regular season doesn't go as well as this preseason has. Yet most of all I don't want him ending up in New England if Brady can't go in the first 4 games because of the suspension.

This^ I don't want him to be in NE till after we play them

I thought the competition was over when TT ran in his TD. Then EJ came out and looked great, except for one awful pass that reminded everyone what we hate about EJ. I think Cassel dinked and dunked his way out of a starting job.

So, I have no idea what they're going to do. EJ looked great on his deep throws. TT's long pass plays came from receivers running after the catch -- no long throws but his quick feet are impressive.

If the choice is EJ I think we're going to have to accept we'll lose a game or two we should have won because of his bad play. But we'll probably win a game or two because he did something really good. The rest will be up to the defense and the skill positions on offense.

I think they keep all three on the squad and hope Simms slides through to the PS. If they cut any of the main three, that guy will be either a Jet or a Patriot the next day, and better than anyone else either team will have to start the season.

The only thing I'm really worried about now is CB, and also O line depth. Darby is going to hurt us until he figures out how to play tall receivers. We need Leodis back, and soon. Never thought I'd say that but it's true. I think the Bills are going to have to blitz a lot to protect the CBs against the deep pass. As for the O line, it's hard to believe 3/5ths of that line, that handled the Steelers really well, was on the team last year. I guess replacing fat tubs of goo at guard with actual professionals was a good idea. But what if there's an injury at guard or center?

Otherwise, this is shaping up as a really good team. They really killed a good Steelers team, without McCoy, Karlos, Sammie, Percy, or Robert. Holy Toledo, what will happen when those guys get back.

Edited by Utah John

Has he? Year one preseason he got injured and year two preseason he looked really bad.

When has EJ looked good in preseason? How many QBs did they play in preseason games under Marrone? They all looked bad.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/gamelogs?season=2013

Here are his 2013 preseason stats, which were very good. He had a nice game in 2014 too. So, yeah, he has had some nice preseason games in all three seasons now.

You know what I'd rather stick a fork in?

The "Bills can't make the playoffs because of the QB position" cliche.

Time for the TV media to strart writing up new teleprompter scripts, and the print media to make new Word templates.

Pretty sure the bad EJ throw was a tip. Anybody have a replay or gif of it?

It was absolutely a tip. I slowed it down, and the ball changed direction.

I'm really hoping something this obvious doesn't use up any more bandwidth.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I love WGR's reasoning, "EJ was playing against 3rd stringers", "You can't take to much stock in the preseason", "hasn't done it in the regular season". Really, what exactly is Preseason for and how do you or WGR actually evaluate personal then? Hasn't Cassell only preformed in the preseason for Buffalo and what exactly has Cassell done in the last 3 years in the regular season?

How about the EJ sucks crowd? Eating Crow are they?

Tasker said it right in the broadcast....on the fourth down pass, EJ threw a clunker....an easy throw per Tasker. EJ still throws the clunker more often than he should. He made great throws today....I have to say, as a season ticket holder....he did not throw like that last year when he was playing, he missed his receivers often by a wide margin. Perhaps his off season work helped him. None the less, Taylor has done a great job, and provides an extra dimension. As to what to do with Cassell, Roman and Rex will decide who stays and who goes. And, Whaley will be in the room also, I believe.

Nope Cassel, he's better than AVP was when he was 3rd string to Flutie/RJ. Toss in he gives insurance just in case the regular season doesn't go as well as this preseason has. Yet most of all I don't want him ending up in New England if Brady can't go in the first 4 games because of the suspension.

Since when does logic count?

Tasker said it right in the broadcast....on the fourth down pass, EJ threw a clunker....an easy throw per Tasker. EJ still throws the clunker more often than he should. He made great throws today....I have to say, as a season ticket holder....he did not throw like that last year when he was playing, he missed his receivers often by a wide margin. Perhaps his off season work helped him. None the less, Taylor has done a great job, and provides an extra dimension. As to what to do with Cassell, Roman and Rex will decide who stays and who goes. And, Whaley will be in the room also, I believe.

Was Andre Davis supposed to squat on that route or keep running? There was another WR in the area Davis was running to.

This would be right, expect that the pass was tipped.

As a huge EJ fan, EJ is behind TT right now because of pocket presence. EJ has improved a lot but when there is pressure or a blitz, TT just has the edge there. Also add in the speed and TT can get plays there that EJ can't. With a clean pocket, EJ looks like a beast. He is getting closer to what we wanted and I am happy starting TT with EJ as the next man in.

Cassel can stay on the team because I like having a vet QB that plays well with others. He can help TT and EJ in practice (unlike Orton last year).

No matter who starts, EJ looks like he's finally been coached and has been working hard. He looks like he COULD (it's only preseason) be a successful NFL quarterback, with some confidence and presence that he's never shown before. And he hasn't even been playing with our top receivers. Stay tuned.