Nick O'Leary looks like odd man out at TE

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Leary is so bad I don't think he even makes the PS

They will use the PS for 2 WR, 1 S, 2 CB, 2 LB's, 2 O - lineman, and a DE.

Agree. Not only is O'Leary going to get cut, I have seen zero signs that he could be a contributor.

Mulligan is a lock as a blocking TE. But O'Leary does not have anything remotely close to the athletic ability of Gray or Gragg.

who did you hear that from? I haven't seen that. The only bad report I saw was about the guy in the thread title.

Rex has been complaining publicly about the TE's through much of camp and preseason. They all did better more recently, but as far as I could see, O'Leary didn't even play against Pittsburgh.

He's P/S or picked up by someone else - this thread is not surprising - this has been suspected for a while.

Never really got the O'Leary love. Blocking seemed suspect. Not very good measurables.

Well, he won the college award for best TE in the nation, so there's that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mackey_Award

He was very good at FSU, but he's been showing terrible hands in Buffalo.

I'm an FSU guy, and after the draft, I thought O'Leary was a steal, and Karlos Williams would be a bust. This just based on watching nearly all their games. They both surprised me.

Edited by BobChalmers

Rex has been complaining publicly about the TE's through much of camp and preseason. They all did better more recently, but as far as I could see, O'Leary didn't even play against Pittsburgh.

He's P/S or picked up by someone else - this thread is not surprising - this has been suspected for a while.

he complained only about OLeary and mulligan after the first PS game, and put KW in at TE very early in a TC practice when he said they needed to block better. Didn't see anything else "through much of camp and preseason" which was why I asked. But maybe so.

I told people this the day he was drafted. There's a few dozen apologies I'm owed for all the crap I got for saying it.

I remember Turbosrrgood freaking out in the Shout Box...

Me: "Nick O'Leary is not a great athlete in the NFL."

Turbosrrgood: "WHAT??!! :censored: !@#$% !@#$% :censored: "

ok...maybe it wasn't that dramatic.

Edited by LeGOATski