Most Surprising & Most Disappointing player this offseason

This thread started from a conversation in the shoutbox but figured that it was a good topic to discuss. Based on the expectations for a player who is it that has exceeded them the most? Which player or players has played furthest above the expected level.

What about the opposite? Which player or player are you most disappointed in this offseason. This is potentially a guy that you expected to perform better than they have so far.

Please do not turn this into another QB conversation with wise @$$ comments. We all know where everyone stands on the QBs

Surprise - Karlos Williams (with respect to Deonte Thompson)

Disappointment - Ross Cockrell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is incognito a surprise our disappointment? OLeary?

Surprise. It WAS Ty Powell

Disappointment.... Hogan I guess?

Incognito was a surprise. Not that I thought he'd suck, but there was definitely a chance he would. O'Leary is the disappointment. Poor showing out of him.

Incognito, O'Leary.

We could prolly say TE's as a group have been very disappointing.

From Rex putting Kyle Williams in there at TE , to Rex calling them tackles....to Oleary , he off no gloves but hands of gold....ton of drops etc so far in a system that we have been told will relay heavily on the position.

Surprise: Tyrod Taylor

Dissapointment: EJ Manuel

Sorry fellas but I felt these QBs earned their respective spots. I really thought Manuel would take the next step and well I thought Taylor would be a 2 at best but most likely a 3. If he shows well tonite Roman will go with this guy and use him like he did Kap.

Despite being a big fan of his, my surprise thus far has been Cyrus Kouandjio. I have faith but the kid is working his arse off to get better and we started to see it come to fruition slowly but surely on Friday.

Not sure about a disappointment. Camp narratives lead me towards Chris Hogan but very few discouraging performances from guys I expect something from.

Surprise: Miller

Disappointment: McKelvin

Based on reports and watching him maul D linemen in the first preseason game, I'm very surprised by just how good he's looked. It started in OTA's with him knowing the blocking schemes as well as anyone, and has continued with him backing that up with his play.

I say McKelvin is the biggest disappointment because I was really hoping that he was going to be healthy, and then came the setback. In Rex's D, he would shine IMO. Not his fault, still disappointing either way.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Suprise: Deonte Thompson. A who guy to me that seemingly gets brought up every day for making a great play

Disappointment: Sticking with the WR it is Hogan for me. I thought last year the light really came on. The catch against the Vikings was clutch and showed toughness. This year the reports have him suffering the dropsies.

Surprise: Tyrod Taylor

Dissapointment: EJ Manuel

Sorry fellas but I felt these QBs earned their respective spots. I really thought Manuel would take the next step and well I thought Taylor would be a 2 at best but most likely a 3. If he shows well tonite Roman will go with this guy and use him like he did Kap.

This is my answer. I thought if EJ had a chance to shine it would surely happen under Roman. Just from what he did to utilize Smith and Kaep in SF made me anxious to see what he could do with EJ. Tyrod is relishing his opportunity here and seems to making the most of it and our former 1st Round draft pick has fallen to the back of the pack.