Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

Not sure why people are getting on JW for this one. The article seems accurate and fair to me, well reported, without the snide commentary that infects some other's attempts.

It's a totally innocent article.

But the conspiracy theorists will think it's other ploy by the media to shape the QB battle in the favor of their preferred candidate. You know, because Rex is sitting down with Jerry, Joe B. Sal #1 & Sal #2 on Pegula's yacht at the end of the month to see which way he should go.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really don't give two ***** if you clicked the link or not. i don't get paid for clicks. i get paid for keeping my reputation.

unfair to the players? good freaking christ, ej could have very well ended these questions by actually establishing himself as an actual starting quarterback, but the apologists won't ever accept that.

there's always some vague meddlesome excuse.

hey, i like EJ. i think he's a stand up guy.

but to suggest this is a "silly argument" belies the fact that you're actually the one who not only prompted it but continued it by hoping i'd provide you some glimmer of hope that EJ didn't exactly say what he exactly said; that i somehow "tricked" him into saying it.

good lord, i've provided you every opportunity of the doubt and yet you persist in perpetuating this myth that the questions the media is asking EJ is the thing that's holding him back.

i realize you're a true believer, and will always be somehow miffed that it was the media -- nay MY fault -- that EJ failed.

i'll accept that role of being that strawman if you agree to be the blind fool.

jw

Totally uncalled for. The poster you're replying to wasn't disrespectful in the least bit.

It's the media's job to ask questions. This was an innocent question IMO given the way the QB battle has played out. EJ is a millionaire athlete, let's stop holding his hand and criticizing others for doing their job. Non story, here.

I have no problem with asking questions. Although how those questions are crafted is open for debate ("Have you stopped beating your wife?").

It seems to me the newshounds are in a breakneck race to announce the winner of the QB competition and are taking every angle possible to be the first across the finish line. Sometimes by reporting the story, but more often than not, by creating the storyline (both by selective inclusion and omission of how players are performing (JokeB vs. Astro's reports being the most extreme example).

For the next two weeks I'll let my eyes tell me who's performing and who's not and skip the media 'filter'...

I still cannot get the vision out of my head when Orton got down well shy of the markers last year. I always thought Orton played like a sissy. Cassel wont do that. He will play hard every week and I believe is much better than Orton.

Did we believe that same thing last year? Remember that whole article about how smart he was?

I disagree completely. First off, Cassel started off well last year and then got injured.

Over the past 10 years I would say your theory would make sense. The team is not that good nor does it have great talent, so roll the dice. Right? What ya gotgot to lose?

But that's not us anymore. Now we are coming off of a winning season. We're fat with talent. If we can get decent QB play (along with everything else) we can maybe even take this thing. So you're gonna roll the dice with an "unknown" at QB?

I'd rather go with the guy that gives us the best chance to make the playoffs THIS YEAR. Whoever that is whether he's old, young, skinny, fat, or even Cassel.

In 3 games last year, Cassel was under 58% passing and had a 6.0 YPA, 3 TD's and 4 INT's. The year before he played in 9 games and started 3 and was a little better, but not much. I don't see him taking the Bills to the playoffs much less sustaining it in the years to come.

In 3 games last year, Cassel was under 58% passing and had a 6.0 YPA, 3 TD's and 4 INT's. The year before he played in 9 games and started 3 and was a little better, but not much. I don't see him taking the Bills to the playoffs much less sustaining it in the years to come.

Anyone who has GamePass should go back and watch Cassel's games in the last few seasons.

In 5 games, starting 4 last year. Manuel threw for 58%. 6.4 YPA, 5td, 3ints, 1 fum. I don't see him taking the Bills to the playoffs, much less sustaining it in the years to come.

I have no problem with asking questions. Although how those questions are crafted is open for debate ("Have you stopped beating your wife?").

It seems to me the newshounds are in a breakneck race to announce the winner of the QB competition and are taking every angle possible to be the first across the finish line. Sometimes by reporting the story, but more often than not, by creating the storyline (both by selective inclusion and omission of how players are performing (JokeB vs. Astro's reports being the most extreme example).

For the next two weeks I'll let my eyes tell me who's performing and who's not and skip the media 'filter'...

Can't argue with that!!

In 5 games, starting 4 last year. Manuel threw for 58%. 6.4 YPA, 5td, 3ints, 1 fum. I don't see him taking the Bills to the playoffs, much less sustaining it in the years to come.

Those are far better stats than Cassel's. Never mind the joke of a coaching staff the Bills had.

Again going with Taylor might be the best option. But, again, cutting EJ would be dumb.

Those are far better stats than Cassel's. Never mind the joke of a coaching staff the Bills had.

Again going with Taylor might be the best option. But, again, cutting EJ would be dumb.

They both averaged 1 TD and 1 turnover per game. Cassel had no weapons in Minnesota after Peterson went out. But Cassel was 17-26 and 2 TD's in that game, when he wasn't expected to have the team on his shoulders. Personally I want one of the younger guys to be the QB, Taylor or EJ, but EJ is failing. Hopefully Taylor is the guy, but if Cassel wins the starting role, then I support him.

You actually consider Tim Graham a media member? It was that Pulitzer Prize that he won, wasn't it.

He won an award after he was no longer a member here. TBD was holding him back.

Anyone who has GamePass should go back and watch Cassel's games in the last few seasons.

I don't recommend it.

Considering I come here for valuable advice regarding my life's problems, can you two come to a consensus ? As it is I have preemptive depression reading the QB debate on here.

:lol:

I thought the Minnesota video would be great for gauging his usefulness in our system, actually.

Bills Musgrave and then Norv Turner as his OCs. Two guys who've always favored a tough running game with a vertical passing attack. In general, that seems to be the preferred system for Cassel.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You're the winner, John. You got E.J. to finally say the "somewhere else" line. The media's been competing all summer to get that admission and you pulled it off.

Congratulations! Your kewpie doll is right over here....

What is the point of your post? Appreciate the fact that jw comes here please, his article states facts. He works for AP not Fox News. You are reacting like he is some tabloid writer or a columnist/opinionist.

This thread among others is getting just plain silly.Some acting Like a bunch of den mothers seeking the meaning of life from the Avon salesman. seriously, the kid is not nor was a NFL QB round one prospect. Ask any serious FSU fan. You either have it or not. accuracy is a skill at the pro level you should have it.

The "wasn't accurate" in college arguement is absolutely indefensible garbage. So I hope that isn't the implication. His completion percentage in college is 25th of all QBs since 1956. The guy was 25-6 as a starter. Let's stop pretending EJ wasn't a very good collegiate qb.

His deficit is throwing with anticipation in an NFL offense and dealing with the speed of the game.

His pro game apparently may never materialize, but the argument that he was obviously always bad, that's a load of crap...