Rex calls out the TEs

YoloinOhio

Well, 2 of them, and not by name ...

@mikerodak: Rex calls out MarQueis Gray and Nick O'Leary for their drops. "This is the NFL." Says they're TEs, not OTs.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan calls out MarQueis Gray and Nick O'Leary, not by name, for drops on Manuel passes. Said "TEs who decided to be tackles"

And I'm calling out Matthew Mulligan! On my list! Bad.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Rex calls out MarQueis Gray and Nick O'Leary for their drops. "This is the NFL." Says they're TEs, not OTs.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan calls out MarQueis Gray and Nick O'Leary, not by name, for drops on Manuel passes. Said "TEs who decided to be tackles"

I agree on Mulligan, too many penalties and not effective in the passing game.

Mulligan is really a tackle, shouldd have kept my boy Lee Smith, at least he can catch better.

Clay is a stud !!....the LB's could not stay with him.

Yeah, and the play of the other TEs has me worried about Clay staying healthy. Sad we don't still have Chandler.

O'Leary is way out in front for my most disappointing player so far. I'm an FSU grad and fan from way back, and I thought O'Leary was a steal.

OTOH I thought Karlos Williams was a bad pick - nice to see him proving me wrong.

O'leary will be fine. He's a rookie in his first start. Give him some room. Take it from an FSU fan, I will gladly eat crow if this guy doesn't produce on some level. He's a throwback that plays tough in the hashes. His hands were never a question at the college level. Hopefully he shakes the nerves.

O'leary will be fine. He's a rookie in his first start. Give him some room. Take it from an FSU fan, I will gladly eat crow if this guy doesn't produce on some level. He's a throwback that plays tough in the hashes. His hands were never a question at the college level. Hopefully he shakes the nerves.

I was at the game and watched him closely in warmups and whenever he was on the field. I've been excited about him since the pick, but after seeing him in person, I'm very worried that he's just too stiff and doesn't have the movement skills (or hands--he had a lot of drops in warmsups too) to play at this level.

I was expecting a Tom Rathman H-back type but he just seemed too muscled up and un-athletic...

Good for Rex. Clay looks great and we need a really good blocking TE and I'm not sure any of them can block. All except Clay looked bad last night. Even when Manuel underthrew O'Leary (yes, bad pass) he fell trying to come back for it or he could have made a play on it. I would look over the waiver wire for TEs they were so bad. Might as well give the kid from Canisius a try as we didn't se him. What surprised me was how short O'Leary's arms were and how stiff he seemed. I think his problem is the throw will have to be perfect for him to pull it in - and even then he dropped a perfect pass last night.

Edited by timtebow15

Good for Rex. Clay looks great and we need a really good blocking TE and I'm not sure any of them can block. All except Clay looked bad last night. Even when Manuel underthrew O'Leary (yes, bad pass) he fell trying to come back for it or he could have made a play on it. I would look over the waiver wire for TEs they were so bad. Might as well give the kid from Canisius a try as we didn't se him. What surprised me was how short O'Leary's arms were and how stiff he seemed. I think his problem is the throw will have to be perfect for him to pull it in - and even then he dropped a perfect pass last night.

Deep breaths, stay calm, it will be okay