Blue & White Scrimmage 8/8 6pm

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski

Unofficial passing stats from tonight's #Bills scrimmage: EJ Manuel 5-11, 104 yds, 1 TD; Matt Cassel 2-6, 27 yds; Tyrod Taylor 8-13, 77 yds.

So there's that.

Cassel in the lead for sure. I'm also curious how many of TT's completions came from within the pocket. I like a QB that can move, I don't like a QB that always moves.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just hope he continues his progression.....it is in EVERYBODY's bests interests that EJ wins this competition (and hopefully Tyrod kept as the backup)

Something else to consider.....very hard to get into a rythm as a qb in this setting.......you have to take that into account.

Defense has ALL of the advantages.....no game planning.....3 plays at a time.....etc etc couple that with who the defense actually is and........

the rhythm thing is huge.

Am I the only one that's pretty ok with the results? One of the best defenses in the league going against a new install offense, and the offense scores 13 points? I know it's not great... But I am actually encouraged....

Edit: typos

Been saying it would take a while for offense to gel during regular season......first pre preseason scrimmage and the suicide rate might spike in Beau Fleuve?

Joe Buscaglia

@JoeBuscaglia

My way unofficial #Bills QB stats:

Manuel - 5/11, 105 yds, TD, sack

Taylor - 8/13, 83 yards, 2 sacks

Cassel - 2/6, 27 yards, sack

Couple drops in there too for EJ, will have to go back and check on the other guys. Glad that he and Taylor got the most work!

Sal Maiorana @salmaiorana

EJ and Brown botch a handoff, lost 8 yards. On 2nd down, EJ fires a laser over middle to Goodwin, he dropped it

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

Then Marquise Goodwin drops a pass. 3rd down

Edited by Heitz

So there's that.

Cassel in the lead for sure. I'm also curious how many of TT's completions came from within the pocket. I like a QB that can move, I don't like a QB that always moves.

Exact;y. That was the thing all the Stepford Flutie fans missed in the 90s. Flutie was entertaining but lost his effectiveness pretty fast. Taylor has the potential to be exactly like that...except defenses are way more used to mobile QBs these days.

If the Bills have to go into the season with Cassel or Taylor, it's another stalled out year at the QB position. Gotta hope EJ wins this outright and puts an end to the QB debate. He doesn't need to be Andrew Luck...if he's Andy Dalton, the team goes to the playoffs and potentially deep.

Same can be said for Cassel? No?

Yea, a guy that's been in the league for a decade really needs all the time in the world to prove he's a back up qb. If he can't pick up an offense by now he probably never will. Edited by The Wiz

@mikerodak: Bills QB stats with 1st team O & vs. 1st team D tonight:

Manuel: 1-for-3, 25 yards

Cassel: 1-for-3, 10 yards

Taylor: 0-for-1

@mikerodak: Bills QB stats with 2nd team O & vs. 2nd team D tonight:

Cassel: 0-for-0

Manuel: 4-for-8, 79 yards, TD

Taylor: 7-for-9, 67 yards

@mikerodak: Bills QB stats with 3rd team O & vs. 3rd team D tonight:

Cassel: 1-for-3, 17 yards

Taylor: 1-for-3, 10 yards

Simms: 2-for-10, 24 yards

@mikerodak: Rex, asked if QB competition is where he expected after tonight: I was hoping to see something else pop through there, but it didnt."

I know Cassel has the experience, but man I hope it's one of these two - they seem to be the only ones making plays. EJ needs to straighten out those missfires, but he receivers also need to catch the ball!

Ej looks like our best chance so hopefully he starts, but he has always misfired and always will. Hopefully he can get us to next yr where we can the next franchise guy.

@mikerodak

Bills’ rushing stats for 1st team O vs. 1st team D tonight: McCoy: 3 runs, 2 yards Tyrod Taylor: 1 run, 5 yards

Bills’ rushing for 2nd team O vs. 2nd team D tonight: Bryce Brown: 10 runs, 28 yds, fumble Williams: 5 runs, 10 yds B. Hill: 2 runs, 1 yd

Bills’ rushing for 3rd team O vs. 3rd team D tonight: Williams: 10 runs, 43 yds B. Hill: 4 runs, 6 yds Taylor: 3 runs, 10 ids Simms: 1, 11