Blue & White Scrimmage 8/8 6pm

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak: Rex says not to read into only 1 touchdown scored tonight. Says they weren't game planning. "Just putting ball down and letting guys play."

It seems only EJ and Tyrod can make something happen in that kind of setting. It will be interesting to see what happens against the Browns and some game planming.

Hey KOKBills, I would quote you but this board doesn't work for me on my cell. I think you are absolutely right. But it just seems like Joe B has a vested interest in being right about EJ. He has been down on him since we drafted him, and because he fancies himself a personnel expert, he is out on the EJ cannot be any good. I am OK if Tyrod truly wins out, but I just do not understand the amount of EJ haters out there who are vested in the need to be right that he can't make it and they knew it all along. This is a kid that works really hard, has the perfect temperament and is a great guy for the community. He seems like a man anyone could root for. I hope he can really pull it together. He certainly would be deserving.

Seems like we don't care for great guys lately, there's been a lot of hate for Manuel, Spiller, and Jackson in the past year. I can't really think of a lot of players who are better people than them, and I think they all gave us a lot of reasons to think that they can do really well.

It seems only EJ and Tyrod can make something happen in that kind of setting. It will be interesting to see what happens against the Browns and some game planming.

I know Cassel has the experience, but man I hope it's one of these two - they seem to be the only ones making plays. EJ needs to straighten out those missfires, but he receivers also need to catch the ball!

Apparently even when Matt Cassel plays like crap in a scrimmage, he's still ahead.

You gotta trust the process. He's got experience. He might be doing some little things better than the other two. If he loses the job, it'll be because of what happens in the preseason games.

I'm joking...

But there's this:

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: We'll probably start Matt Cassel against the Panthers for the first preseason game.

Fair enough

In my honest opinion I thought what Rex said about Tyrod was telling.....i REALLY thing Rex wants Tyrod to win this competition......but when he said he was disappointed to me that meant he expected Tyrod to play better tonight

Hey KOKBills, I would quote you but this board doesn't work for me on my cell. I think you are absolutely right. But it just seems like Joe B has a vested interest in being right about EJ. He has been down on him since we drafted him, and because he fancies himself a personnel expert, he is out on the EJ cannot be any good. I am OK if Tyrod truly wins out, but I just do not understand the amount of EJ haters out there who are vested in the need to be right that he can't make it and they knew it all along. This is a kid that works really hard, has the perfect temperament and is a great guy for the community. He seems like a man anyone could root for. I hope he can really pull it together. He certainly would be deserving.

I agree, and here is a clear example.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

Manuel's next pass on 2nd-and-12 lands nowhere near a receiver. 3rd down.

Another set of eyes, same play.

NY Sports Biz ‏@NYSportsBiz 2m2 minutes ago

Manuel overthrows Clay in endzone by 8 yards...had pressure on him

You gotta trust the process. He's got experience. He might be doing some little things better than the other two. If he loses the job, it'll be because of what happens in the preseason games.

cassel expected to start preseason game against Carolina, says Rex.

So does EJ gain in the Monday Whosdaq? Cassel was an awesome 2-6 for 27 yards

one of the morning guys traded in all of his Meh Cassel on the Whosdaq on Friday and bought some EJ. Previously had no EJ. Edited by YoloinOhio

So, EJ played less than a third of the scrimmage, and put up a TD and 10 points. Isn't that, like, 30 points a game and 48 TDs? ;)

But our defense he played against is really good, so we should double your numbers.

(Maybe)

Lets just hope he continues his progression.....it is in EVERYBODY's bests interests that EJ wins this competition (and hopefully Tyrod kept as the backup)

Something else to consider.....very hard to get into a rythm as a qb in this setting.......you have to take that into account.

Defense has ALL of the advantages.....no game planning.....3 plays at a time.....etc etc couple that with who the defense actually is and........