Help.....NFL game Pass

Hi all, just relieved an email from the NFL about my NFL Game Pass auto renewing on August 3 for $69. Think this was called Game Rewind last year , and I had it as well as the Preseason Package. I have some questions that I hope you guys can help with, and thought it might be helpful to the board in general.

1) if you have season tickets, do you get this for free?

2) am I correct there is no preseason package this year, all included here?

3) what is ST Max then?

Course they send this email in a Friday night and to get the $30 discount have to re up by Monday.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just relieved an email from the NFL about my NFL Game Pass auto renewing on August 3 for $69. Think this was called Game Rewind last year , and I had it as well as the Preseason Package. I have some questions that I hope you guys can help with, and thought it might be helpful to the board in general.

3) what is ST Max then?

Course they send this email in a Friday night and to get the $30 discount have to re up by Monday.

1) I believe STHs get this included as they have in previous years.

2) Preseason is live while regular season is on demand all in one package including the all-22 coaches film that has become so popular.

New for the 2015 Season, NFL Game Pass is where you can catch live Preseason games and games on-demand all season from your connected TV device, tablet, desktop, or smartphone*. No matter where you go, you can access over 300 games from the 2015 NFL Season and thousands of archived games, including classic Super Bowl matchups. As an eligible 2014 NFL Game Rewind subscriber, we’re offering to auto-renew your subscription into the new NFL Game Pass for the 2015 Season at $69.99, a one-time 30% discount to the full purchase price of $99.99**.

3) ST Max is for viewing live regular season games from DirecTV as well as a Fantasy Channel, Red Zone Channel, and 30 minute "shortcuts" of the Sunday afternoon games.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't think this is really that great of a deal. They just bundled Preseason with game rewind for the same price as last year, with the only bonus being playoffs and Super Bowl being included, but most people probably watch those games live anyway.

Preseason live is usually $15 so it seems like a solid deal.

Is there no standalone NFL Preseason Live package available this year? Is it being bundled as part of what they're calling Game Pass? How much is it, I couldn't find any pricing info. Also, the fine print says you can view your game (Bills) shortly after the live broadcast ends, but others seem to indicate the game really isn't available until late Sunday night or even Monday. Anyone know for sure? I could live with watching the replay late Sunday afternoon, but deal breaker if you can't watch on demand until Monday or later.

I'm pretty sure Preseason live is actually $20 at the beginning, then it drops by $5 every week. IIRC, Game Rewind used to be $40 but that was without some of the perks like all-22 or playoff and Super Bowl. I mainly subscribed to these packages to watch blacked out games through VPN, but blackouts are history, so not sure they're worth it anymore. Game Rewind was always disappointing because I'd stay up late Sunday to watch the game and it wouldn't be available till well after midnight. The best method for NFL viewing is the international game pass that offers live games to international viewers (or US viewers using VPNs in Netherlands).

. . . Also, the fine print says you can view your game (Bills) shortly after the live broadcast ends, but others seem to indicate the game really isn't available until late Sunday night or even Monday. Anyone know for sure? I could live with watching the replay late Sunday afternoon, but deal breaker if you can't watch on demand until Monday or later.

I don't know if anything will change for the upcoming season, but I've had Game Rewind for the last 2 years. For both years, I could start streaming the Bills game (or any other NFL team's game) on demand shortly after the Sunday night NFL game ended. The stream was unavailable until then, and was also unavailable during the live broadcast of each Monday night NFL game.

So if you live on the East Coast, and work some type of morning hours on Mondays, the option of starting to watch the Bills game roughly around midnight Sunday night isn't very practical. On the other hand, if you live on the West Coast, or plan to delay sleep until you are dead, there is a viable window to watch that day's Bills game on demand shortly after the Sunday night NFL game broadcast ends, even if you have to work on Monday mornings.

The replay video is HD quality - - but the quality of what you personally get to see depends on the strength of your particular internet connection (just like for any other streaming video).

As I mentioned, I haven't seen anything yet about the upcoming season, so it's always possible the availability of the stream might change this year.

Hope that helps.

3) what is ST Max then?

1. No, this broadcast subscription has nothing to do with season tickets.

2. No, you get to watch any preason game live and have access to all archived preseason games. You also have access to all regular season and postseason games since 2009, IIRC.

3 ST MAX is a DirecTv product that is offered to only some qualified individuals who attend certain universities, apartment dwellings, or otherwise are not able to receive satellite signals. I don't think the NFL sells games a la carte to the general public.

I don't think this is really that great of a deal. They just bundled Preseason with game rewind for the same price as last year, with the only bonus being playoffs and Super Bowl being included, but most people probably watch those games live anyway.

The only reason I even subscribed was to watch all Bills games after the fact. Unless, you live on the East Coast, the odds are you will never watch a Bills game live unless it is the national game of the week or it's on Monday or Thursday night. At least I never have since I live in the Southwest. All these games are commercial free and in HD. Last year, the NFL gave broadcast rights to the XBOX 360 and XBOX One. Hopefully, they'll the PS3 and PS$ soon along with allowing TiVo users the same app.

For me, $70 is a great deal for a year's subscription. I love to watch my Bills several times a week and any other games if I so choose.

I read that what used to be called "NFL Game Rewind" is now called "NFL Game Pass".

There is also the international version of NFL Game Pass, which I've been using for the last 3 or 4 years.

I'm assuming it'll be the same thing in the states and overseas.

I've absolutely loved the service, but it's really expensive for the international version.

The first year was free. (So I could become addicted/dependent.)

Last year they started charging for it.

• $99 to follow your one team during the pre and regular season
  • $129 to watch every teams pre and regular season games
  • $199 to watch every game including playoff and superbowl

You can watch the games live or on-demand with the coaches film option.

For me, it's a no-brainer getting it, since there is no other way to watch my beloved Bills.

For you guys up in the States, I have no idea if it's smart to get, or not.

It sounds like $69 is incredibly cheap.

Let's go Buffalo!

Oh, here's a little blurb I just read about it...

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/20/nfl-game-pass-on-demand-access-apple-tv/

I sent my ticket rep an email this morning asking about whether the Game Pass will be provided to ST holders. What others have already said in this thread appears to be correct, however -- there is no longer the Preseason standalone subscription and everything has been combined into Game Pass.

I sent my ticket rep an email this morning asking about whether the Game Pass will be provided to ST holders. What others have already said in this thread appears to be correct, however -- there is no longer the Preseason standalone subscription and everything has been combined into Game Pass.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Saw a page on the Bills website that said one of the perks of Season Ticket is free Game Rewind. But now that it is Game Pass??? Hate to waste $69 if I don't have too.

Do you know if it's including live games? I've gotten Rewind the last two years, but not being able to watch live is aggravating. I believe it's live in other countries but I don't know if the Yahoo thing has opened the door or not.

The only live games are in preseason.

Last year I looked into it but as stated by others, you couldn't start the feed for any of the Sunday games until after the Sunday night game ended. That is way too long after the Bills have typically concluded their game for me to avoid all media so as to be able to watch it without already knowing the outcome.

However, I looked it the NFL Game Pass FAQ the other day and I believe it says that all the early and late afternoon games can be viewed as soon as the later afternoon games are done. Still less than ideal, but that is definitely better. Hadn't been able to find a price yet, though, just the free trial link.

Did your rep give you the code or whatever it is you need to get it?

I read that what used to be called "NFL Game Rewind" is now called "NFL Game Pass".

There is also the international version of NFL Game Pass, which I've been using for the last 3 or 4 years.

I'm assuming it'll be the same thing in the states and overseas.

I've absolutely loved the service, but it's really expensive for the international version.

The first year was free. (So I could become addicted/dependent.)

Last year they started charging for it.

• $99 to follow your one team during the pre and regular season
  • $129 to watch every teams pre and regular season games
  • $199 to watch every game including playoff and superbowl

You can watch the games live or on-demand with the coaches film option.

For me, it's a no-brainer getting it, since there is no other way to watch my beloved Bills.

For you guys up in the States, I have no idea if it's smart to get, or not.

It sounds like $69 is incredibly cheap.

Let's go Buffalo!

Oh, here's a little blurb I just read about it...

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/07/20/nfl-game-pass-on-demand-access-apple-tv/

The same. I did the $129 option last year as the post-season is all available live on UK tv anyway.

Edited by GunnerBill

Hmm...I don't know if it's worth it. That said, they're doing a free trial right now so I might binge :)

They aren't going to allow you to see live regular season games at that price. That's what Sunday Ticket is for. It's still worth having.

They aren't going to allow you to see live regular season games at that price. That's what Sunday Ticket is for. It's still worth having.

Yeah, I was just hoping that the deal with yahoo could have helped cut out the middleman. They clearly have the capacity to do it if they can do preseason games, and live for people in the UK.

I do think it's going to be cheaper in the US though. Preseason was what, $15, and forty for all teams, never mind just one.

Yeah, I was just hoping that the deal with yahoo could have helped cut out the middleman. They clearly have the capacity to do it if they can do preseason games, and live for people in the UK.

I do think it's going to be cheaper in the US though. Preseason was what, $15, and forty for all teams, never mind just one.

There is a Game Pass package only for people outside of North America that gives you games live.

Right, so I confirmed with NFL cust support today that preseason live is no longer available as a standalone. Best bet IMO if you do not want to pay the $70 is to free trial the first game vs. Carolina, watch Browns game on nat TV, and then go on vacation so as not to worry about the other two games.

Do you know if it's including live games? I've gotten Rewind the last two years, but not being able to watch live is aggravating. I believe it's live in other countries but I don't know if the Yahoo thing has opened the door or not.

No, none of the regular season games are live. I don't think they ever will be until the NFL dissolves it's monopolistic relationship with DirecTv.

Two years ago when Madden 25 came out, if you bought a certain select edition of the game from Amazon for $99, you were given a code to watch any game live. Wow, that was so worth it and hoped that they would continue that the following year but it was not to be. I was going to buy the game anyway.

And if so, would you like to share that code with us? I mean, there's only a few of us...

What could go wrong?

It's just funny that Game Pass is touted as a free perk of being a STH, but the league waits till the very last second to release the code that gives you the service you are entitled to.

And if so, would you like to share that code with us? I mean, there's only a few of us...

What could go wrong?

Can a season ticket holder give the code to an out of market friend if they don't use that perk, and if so will it work for the out of market friend? Just wondering if they employ some type of unique identifier/location technology to prevent this. Edited by HurlyBurly51

that sux..I usually get the preseason live so I can watch the Bills preseason games..I work nights so I cant watch them live...I have Sundays off so I can watch reg. season live...guess Ill have to get a dvr and record the preseason...thx for the info, I was trying to figure out what happened to it..lol

emailed with folks from Bills yesterday, they are still waiting for codes from NFL. I guess worst case scenario is we sign up for the 7 day trial on Thursday.

BTW, NFL charged my account even after i sent them mail to not renew.Check you CC statements for folks like me who paid for this last year.

emailed with folks from Bills yesterday, they are still waiting for codes from NFL. I guess worst case scenario is we sign up for the 7 day trial on Thursday.

BTW, NFL charged my account even after i sent them mail to not renew.Check you CC statements for folks like me who paid for this last year.

that's why I'm waiting till the last second

Good advice. Question: if you got just the $20 preseason package last year, will it auto-renew you for the $100 version this year???