Chris Williams released

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the casual Bills fan pegged chris williams correctly that he sucked prior to signing.

Whaley went full derp on this one.

Boom or Bust pick up, ended up being a bust. However, it was a great pickup at the time.

There was never going to be a boom though.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Boom or Bust pick up, ended up being a bust. However, it was a great pickup at the time.

i like whaley, and assume this trouble on the line is a combo of too many cooks in the kitchen, and poor coaching/vision on the offense. notice his pickups for units that have clear vision have been very good.

but id argue it was exactly the opposite of your post. a not very good player that isnt expected to be great (as he hasnt been in multiple stops and a ton of playing time) but sets the floor for you at a hole.

not a great pickup at the time either.

Chris Williams is trying to follow another lineman's example:

• show up out of shape after delaying going as long as possible
  • get let go by Buffalo failing physical pocketing most of signing bonus
  • heal during season avoiding training camp and preseason
  • sign with whoever looks like they will make a late season run

It is a hard example to follow

Chris Williams is trying to follow another lineman's example:

• show up out of shape after delaying going as long as possible
  • get let go by Buffalo failing physical pocketing most of signing bonus
  • heal during season avoiding training camp and preseason
  • sign with whoever looks like they will make a late season run

It is a hard example to follow

Gotta give Chris credit right there!

Born out of necessity. I don't think there was much else out there at the time on the FA market, and I think he sorta banked on one of the two rookie linemen he drafted playing well.

Not sure i agree JR, i think this was a Whaley thing. 1st round pick needs a new environment and Marrone was a genius O line Coordinator coach obviously. What could go wrong?

Not sure i agree JR, i think this was a Whaley thing. 1st round pick needs a new environment and Marrone was a genius O line Coordinator coach obviously. What could go wrong?

Yeah, that seems to be Whaley's predominant formula for FAs/trades. Get guys with all the talent, but who are underachieving for various reasons.

Yeah, that seems to be Whaley's predominant formula for FAs/trades. Get guys with all the talent, but who are underachieving for various reasons.

I was serious Le Goat.

Over the cap is saying >$2.4 million saved by a post june 1st cut. Oddly it was only $755k savings for a pre june 1st cut. Not sure how accurate OTC is though

http://overthecap.com/player/chris-williams/2179

I read something to that effect way back> Hoped they were just going to be financially sound on this. Then i forgot of it. Seems they were.

Go Bills!

hells bells i am starting to root for the financial leg of the organization!! WTH is going on?

Do the Bills finally have their proverbial poopla together?

God is getting ready to take me. i just know it.

And i will miss the Bills winning the Superbowl.

just how it will go. many of you understand me on this. its a weird assed religion this Bills on Sunday thing

Probably Whaley's worst move as a GM so far. Glad he's gone because he's seriously terrible.

Couldn't have said better, and signing that bum for that much money was a serious head scratcher for me because he was the very worst player on a bad Rams line. Kinda like the Doug Legursky signing from the Steelers who was much cheaper.

I'm still awaiting the day the Bills build an offensive line that is good enough to stand up to their vaunted D line.

Even the casual Bills fan pegged chris williams correctly that he sucked prior to signing.

Whaley went full derp on this one.

There was never going to be a boom though.

Many fans B word about any signing, sometimes they will be correct.

Did these fans have a better option? Obviously the players behind him on the depth chart were pretty awful.

Edited by klos63

Does the termination of the contract due to physical failure change dead money?

No. Dead money is already paid bonuses or guaranteed money yet to be paid. The only way to recoup that cap space is to recoup the cash (or if the guarantee somehow voids). Not the case here.

Over the cap is saying >$2.4 million saved by a post june 1st cut. Oddly it was only $755k savings for a pre june 1st cut. Not sure how accurate OTC is though

http://overthecap.com/player/chris-williams/2179

The remaining $1.75M cap hit occurs next season due to the cut being post June 1st. Same total, different timing. Edited by BarleyNY

No. Dead money is already paid bonuses or guaranteed money yet to be paid. The only way to recoup that cap space is to recoup the cash (or if the guarantee somehow voids). Not the case here.

The remaining $1.75M cap hit occurs next season due to the cut being post June 1st. Same total, different timing.

not sure because of the injury situation. but i thought Bills do not owe him next year?

Dont explain it to me though> i hate that stuff