Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible they will simply find new innovative ways to cheat.

They better, or they are going to have to come up with an excuse as to why their fumbling frequency numbers went up this year.

I'm so behind on this saga. I have no idea what's going on anymore, I stopped following it when TC started. alert me when we know whether he will be at The Ralph on 9/20.

You and me both. I really don't even care. Apparently the judge told both sides to quit crying like babies and settle the case?

You and me both. I really don't even care. Apparently the judge told both sides to quit crying like babies and settle the case?

More or less. He said:

"While this litigation is ongoing, it is appropriate (and helpful) for all counsel and all parties in this case to tone down their rhetoric," and he ordered that, "if they have not already done so, the parties and counsel are directed forthwith actively to begin to pursue a mutually acceptable resolution of this case."

He also observed that, between these parties, "the earth is already sufficiently scorched, in the Court's view," and cautioned the parties to adhere to the Court's rules.

The Court is holding two conferences with the parties in the coming weeks, ostensibly to engage in settlement discussions (among other things), but given that the Court appears amenable to expediting this process and attempting to reach a decision relatively quickly, I would be surprised if the parties reach a settlement. I think they'd rather just roll the dice with the judge.

Edited by Go Kiko go

More or less. He said:

"While this litigation is ongoing, it is appropriate (and helpful) for all counsel and all parties in this case to tone down their rhetoric," and he ordered that, "if they have not already done so, the parties and counsel are directed forthwith actively to begin to pursue a mutually acceptable resolution of this case."

He also observed that, between these parties, "the earth is already sufficiently scorched, in the Court's view," and cautioned the parties to adhere to the Court's rules.

The Court is holding two conferences with the parties in the coming weeks, ostensibly to engage in settlement discussions (among other things), but given that the Court appears amenable to expediting this process and attempting to reach a decision relatively quickly, I would be surprised if the parties reach a settlement. I think they'd rather just roll the dice with the judge.

It seems somewhat unlikely they will reach a settlement. The NFL so far has firmly held its ground that they will lower the suspension if Brady admits to guilt, and Brady will not admit to guilt so far under any circumstance. There is no reason for the NFL to cave, they will likely win the court case.

It is possible they will simply find new innovative ways to cheat.

That's exactly what will happen, cheat or bend the rules so much they need to be changed. This team is such a disgrace to the league, I was just reading the article below as I forgotten just how much spy gate helped them win SB's...

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

And this quote from Ted Johnson just blows me away:

"Every now and then I'd get a sheet, one hour before the game, with a list of audibles for our opponent," Johnson said in November 2005. "I don't know how, but they just showed up."

Edited by ricojes

That's exactly what will happen, cheat or bend the rules so much they need to be changed. This team is such a disgrace to the league, I was just reading the article below as I forgotten just how much spy gate helped them win SB's...

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

"Every now and then I'd get a sheet, one hour before the game, with a list of audibles for our opponent," Johnson said in November 2005. "I don't know how, but they just showed up."

How hard is it to figure out a team's audibles? Sherman told the world he and his Seahawks D knew Manning's audibles and hand signals before they totally destroyed him in the SB.

They studied film.....

How hard is it to figure out a team's audibles?

Apparently it's easy enough that you can do it real-time, during a game.

It's cute, the way they say "We misinterpreted the rules," then recycle the same lame excuse when caught tampering with equipment they steal from the officials.

It seems somewhat unlikely they will reach a settlement. The NFL so far has firmly held its ground that they will lower the suspension if Brady admits to guilt, and Brady will not admit to guilt so far under any circumstance. There is no reason for the NFL to cave, they will likely win the court case.

This is whats making it so insane> he cannot defend it and they cant really prove it.

But Brady thinks if he just wishes hard enough it will be true.

Dude thinks he has a magic genie or a set of red glittered pumps he keeps in giseles box of Pandoras.

Click them heels 3 times and make that wish.

Hell it got him laid. By a woman even. or is that a sham too. oops!

This is whats making it so insane> he cannot defend it and they cant really prove it.

But Brady thinks if he just wishes hard enough it will be true.

Dude thinks he has a magic genie or a set of red glittered pumps he keeps in giseles box of Pandoras.

Click them heels 3 times and make that wish.

Hell it got him laid. By a woman even. or is that a sham too. oops!

Why not think that way? The league has kissed his azz for years.

Apparently it's easy enough that you can do it real-time, during a game.

It's cute, the way they say "We misinterpreted the rules," then recycle the same lame excuse when caught tampering with equipment they steal from the officials.

Not really, but you get the point.

Interesting stuff. Definitely seems to be advantage to Brady. It does, however, seem to me that Goodell could hardly be considered by his actions to be favoring one side when all he did was look at the decision, see it was worse for Brady, and then keep it the same, since there was no new evidence of innocence whatsoever, and no new cooperation. In fact, there was less. It's easy to say because of who he is he COULD HAVE been in a position to. But his actual actions showed none at all. They didn't present new info exonerating him, just implicating him.

Interesting stuff. Definitely seems to be advantage to Brady. It does, however, seem to me that Goodell could hardly be considered by his actions to be favoring one side when all he did was look at the decision, see it was worse for Brady, and then keep it the same, since there was no new evidence of innocence whatsoever, and no new cooperation. In fact, there was less. It's easy to say because of who he is he COULD HAVE been in a position to. But his actual actions showed none at all. They didn't present new info exonerating him, just implicating him.

Something else I'm wondering. Since the NFL filed in NY it makes them look bad or not showing "evident partiality" but the NFLPA filing in Minn. means nothing? I'm confused.

Something else I'm wondering. Since the NFL filed in NY it makes them look bad or not showing "evident partiality" but the NFLPA filing in Minn. means nothing? I'm confused.

I can only assume that Kessler knows more about the intricacies of the case than the lawyer that wrote that article. That didn't make sense to me either. If what this article says is true, it seems like NY would have been more favorable all along. Frankly, I don't think it matters one bit. If the NFL doesn't cave they will win.