Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

I don't think very much of what Brady has done in this matter follows common sense or logic. I still think he's so arrogant he truly believes he doesn't have to admit to anything and the NFL will bow to him because of his stature. Like I said a few pages ago, if he admits to anything the door flies open for the lines of questioning about when it started. Yes, people may presume he's been doing it for years (I certainly do), but without an admission he can easily deflect those questions.

:worthy: :worthy:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets strike! http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/attention-circles-back-to-mike-kensil-as-deflategate-source(this is one of MANY stories out there now about Kensil)

It's certainly ironic (and pretty hilarious!) that Belichick's original sin -- leaving the Jets at the altar in 2000 after accepting the job as Jets coach -- may be at the root of all of this. Pats fans pegged the far enemy (the Colts and Ravens) as the drivers of this, but it was the near enemy all along!

Edited by dave mcbride

And this email exchange ...... this is about to get very ugly for the league.

http://nesn.com/2015/07/patriots-publish-emails-to-nfl-asking-to-correct-false-deflategate-reports/

The league will never ever admit the leaks came from them, and Mort will never ever reveal his source. This will help only the people that already support Brady non-sensibly, and seriously piss off the judge who yesterday told the two sides to simmer down. This is going to help the league not hurt them, regardless of whether the league was guilty of the leak.

The league will never ever admit the leaks came from them, and Mort will never ever reveal his source. This will help only the people that already support Brady non-sensibly, and seriously piss off the judge who yesterday told the two sides to simmer down. This is going to help the league not hurt them, regardless of whether the league was guilty of the leak.

Brady's camp didn't release this .... the Pats did. Kraft apparently has awaken from his drunken stupor.

Sure, but only if a non biased (ie objective) science perspective shows it as possible. Otherwise, it's all just subjective biases in play; biases which, at least in this case, appear to be based off assumptions and assertions more than anything.

So the behavior of certain individuals before and after the game and throughout the investigatory process and the into the appeal process, comes down to faulty science. Right. I think we are done here.

GO BILLS!!!

i can see the nfl not wanting to get involved before a final investigation is completed (and wont kill them for that), but i think a simple "the espn reports are inaccurate and we request you await our completed findings" per the final request wouldve simply been fair play from the league on this one.

i dont think this hurts brady as its not his team releasing it (well, i guess literally it is, but not his legal team), but it certainly stirs the pot some.

Edited by NoSaint

i can see the nfl not wanting to get involved before a final investigation is completed (and wont kill them for that), but i think a simple "the espn reports are inaccurate and we request you await our completed findings" per the final request wouldve simply been fair play from the league on this one.

i dont think this hurts brady as its not his team releasing it (well, i guess literally it is, but not his legal team), but it certainly stirs the pot some.

Exactly. Brady's camp is Brady's camp. League or not. The Judge is not dumb.

I don't understand.

How are things going to get ugly for the "league", when the "league" represents 31 other cities and regions, don't forget regions! :lol:, that not only don't care what Tom Brady and the Patriots have to say about this, are sick and tired of this story, would have been happy with 2 games and done? Are the egos of Tom Brady, his various ballwashers in the media, and Bob Kraft that big, that they think they can stand up against the rest of the country, 2 weeks before the first preseason game, tell us to F off, that their issues matter more, and things have to go their way, or else...big trouble for the league?

I got news fellas: Shady McCoy made a great catch today. I'm sure cool stuff has happened elsewhere in the league. And in about 24 hours NOBODY is gonna care about this story as soon as the cool videos of camp start hitting the internet.

No judge is going to allow for an emergency injuction after 2 full investigations, conducted by a 3rd party, have already occurred, and Brady not only signed a contract to follow that process, but has already sought and was given, relief, in the form of an appeal, clearly spelled out in the process. Brady was also offered a settlement. That's 2 opportunities for relief denied by Brady, given within the process.

Again, where is the emergency that merits an immediate injuction? Did Brady or the Pats not know about this for the entire offseason? Couldn't they have filed with a court immediately? Why didn't they? They thought the process, or more likley nerfing of the process, would result in their favor. They believed in the process enough to follow it. Now, that it doesn't turn out in their favor, they are going to court to ask for relief from a process they followed?

IF this plays out in court, it will do so by the court's schedule. Which means he sits the 4 games, and sometime, in November?, the court hears the case.

The man violated the employee handbook, and now corporate(The NFL) is handing down its punishment to an employee of one of its divisions(The Pats*). Done.

So the behavior of certain individuals before and after the game and throughout the investigatory process and the into the appeal process, comes down to faulty science. Right. I think we are done here.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure how else I can explain myself other than to say that the entirety of the Wells report - from the science onward - and which the league based their judgement on - is all predicated on assumptions and what if conditions.

I don't understand.

How are things going to get ugly for the "league", when the "league" represents 31 other cities and regions, don't forget regions! :lol:, that not only don't care what Tom Brady and the Patriots have to say about this, are sick and tired of this story, would have been happy with 2 games and done? Are the egos of Tom Brady, his various ballwashers in the media, and Bob Kraft that big, that they think they can stand up against the rest of the country, 2 weeks before the first preseason game, tell us to F off, that their issues matter more, and things have to go their way, or else...big trouble for the league?

I got news fellas: Shady McCoy made a great catch today. I'm sure cool stuff has happened elsewhere in the league. And in about 24 hours NOBODY is gonna care about this story as soon as the cool videos of camp start hitting the internet.

No judge is going to allow for an emergency injuction after 2 full investigations, conducted by a 3rd party, have already occurred, and Brady not only signed a contract to follow that process, but has already sought and was given, relief, in the form of an appeal, clearly spelled out in the process. Brady was also offered a settlement. That's 2 opportunities for relief denied by Brady, given within the process.

Again, where is the emergency that merits an immediate injuction? Did Brady or the Pats not know about this for the entire offseason? Couldn't they have filed with a court immediately? Why didn't they? They thought the process, or more likley nerfing of the process, would result in their favor. They believed in the process enough to follow it. Now, that it doesn't turn out in their favor, they are going to court to ask for relief from a process they followed?

IF this plays out in court, it will do so by the court's schedule. Which means he sits the 4 games, and sometime, in November?, the court hears the case.

The man violated the employee handbook, and now corporate(The NFL) is handing down its punishment to an employee of one of its divisions(The Pats*). Done.

as usual, semi-coherent and only vaguely aware of the facts. Welcome to the discussion, OC!

as usual, semi-coherent and only vaguely aware of the facts. Welcome to the discussion, OC!

Yeah. All I did was subject this to standard business law. Of course, if you'd like to explain exactly where I was semi-coherent in the above, I'm sure that would be both entertaining and enlightening for us all.

Nice to see the Patriots* media shills continue to focus on the sideshow material and continue to omit the behavior of Brady, Jastremski, and McNally.

Are media leaks part of the NFLPA's case?

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure how else I can explain myself other than to say that the entirety of the Wells report - from the science onward - and which the league based their judgement on - is all predicated on assumptions and what if conditions.

The hurdle is for reasonable people to conclude there is a decent chance that the behaviors of certain people explain certain things.

Reasonable people. Reasonable conclusions.

Your insistence that the entirety of the Wells report is based on faulty science is not reasonable. Like I said, I think we are done here.

GO BILLS!!!

The hurdle is for reasonable people to conclude there is a decent chance that the behaviors of certain people explain certain things.

Reasonable people. Reasonable conclusions.

Your insistence that the entirety of the Wells report is based on faulty science is not reasonable. Like I said, I think we are done here.

GO BILLS!!!

The ONLY reason anything matters (beyond the science) is because of the what if's that were assumed. Had the what if''s been exercised to make the other parties narrative work, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.