Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

And yet certain media still blow smoke for Brady. They do it two ways: 1)They focus on tiny parts of the controversy to discredit the report, when as a whole the cheating and coverup are plain as day. And 2) they cry about being sooo tired of this like it hurts their brains thinking about it for 2 seconds. It's another tactic to get this to blow over by convincing people they shouldn't care that a team in the top US sports league systematicly cheats, then obstructs attempts to investigate it.

I'm not tired of it. Just the opposite. I want cheating exposed, even if it takes years.

do you want the problems exposed on both sides? or just the guy you dont like?

some of that smoke might be a problem for the nfl, not in proving brady innocent but the process flawed enough to revoke the punishment.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many people who confidently claim that Brady lied in his testimony to Wells and to Goodell. Well he is challenging that assumption by giving his testimony under oath. It might not indicate much to people who are inclined not to believe him but it says a lot to me.

JohnC you can't possibly be this naive.

I think you're misinterpreting McCann's point. "Second, do not overlook the significance of Brady’s testimony occurring under oath. By testifying under oath, Brady voluntarily assumed the risk that he could face criminal charges for perjury or "knowingly lying." The risk is minimal, as it is extremely unlikely that the NFL would refer Brady’s sworn statements to a prosecutor and equally unlikely that a prosecutor would find Brady’s testimony in an arbitration hearing to be worthy of substantial investigation. Still, there is some risk that Brady could face perjury charges if he knowingly lied. This voluntary acceptance of risk makes Brady’s statements seemingly more believable."

This is laughable. Trust me, I deal with the "testimony under oath" stuff all the time. It doesn't prevent people -- even good people -- from lying.

I expect the suspension to be vacated. God - so many unforced errors by the league. One can think that Brady has been nailed dead to rights and still think he'll get off because of inherent problems in the NFL's process and the overly punitive mentality of the league.

im not sure itll be vacated, as im not a legal expert that can truly sort out the finer points of some of this, but count me in the camp that they had plenty to punish him, but that their arrogance in handling it might blow that opportunity.

im not sure itll be vacated, as im not a legal expert that can truly sort out the finer points of some of this, but count me in the camp that they had plenty to punish him, but that their arrogance in handling it might blow that opportunity.

:wub:

JohnC you can't possibly be this naive.

This is laughable. Trust me, I deal with the "testimony under oath" stuff all the time. It doesn't prevent people -- even good people -- from lying.

What's laughable? Seriously. He says the chances of any perjury charges coming of it are minute. He simply says that it's theoretically possible that they could arise, and that Brady could be nailed for it.

I think you're misinterpreting McCann's point. "Second, do not overlook the significance of Brady’s testimony occurring under oath. By testifying under oath, Brady voluntarily assumed the risk that he could face criminal charges for perjury or "knowingly lying." The risk is minimal, as it is extremely unlikely that the NFL would refer Brady’s sworn statements to a prosecutor and equally unlikely that a prosecutor would find Brady’s testimony in an arbitration hearing to be worthy of substantial investigation. Still, there is some risk that Brady could face perjury charges if he knowingly lied. This voluntary acceptance of risk makes Brady’s statements seemingly more believable."

The bolded.

Sorry Dave, McCann may think it's significant and that's his opinion, but I don't.

What's laughable? Seriously. He says the chances of any perjury charges coming of it are minute. He simply says that it's theoretically possible that they could arise, and that Brady could be nailed for it.

It's laughable that in this day and age anyone believes "do you swear under oath to tell the truth" actually means anything.

In other words it's no threat to Brady so he can lie under fake oath at will, which he did. Repeatedly.

It really is funny, isn't it? Do they really think a normal person reading that testimony thinks it sounds like an innocent person. :D

Is that normal person a Cheatriot fan?

Ooops... I think the answer is in my question. What normal person is a Cheatriot fan!

But Brady comes across legit and innocent, right?

I think we just found one. Not normal person (Pneumonic) that is.

:-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's laughable that in this day and age anyone believes "do you swear under oath to tell the truth" actually means anything.

Pete Rose his blaming his lawyers. Who will Cheater Brady blame?

I'm certainly not gonna say that, but that's not really the point now, sad to say. The league looks ridiculous in this transcript, regardless of Brady's guilt. That's the issue.

Good, we will kill two birds w/one stone. The League and The Cheats... Let them go thermonuclear war on each other.

Also, this -- http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/05/tom-brady-deflategate-nfl-appeal-roger-goodell-richard-berman -- and this too are new: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/04/ruling-mischaracterizes-bradys-testimony-about-communications-with-jastremski/ .

As is this, I think, but I'm not really sure: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/05/transcript-proves-nfl-didnt-know-air-pressure-could-drop-naturally/ .

I expect the suspension to be vacated. God - so many unforced errors by the league. One can think that Brady has been nailed dead to rights and still think he'll get off because of inherent problems in the NFL's process and the overly punitive mentality of the league.

So if I understand it correctly, Troy Vincent's ignorance of the ideal gas law is the reason McNally stole the balls prior to their appearance on the field?

So if I understand it correctly, Troy Vincent's ignorance of the ideal gas law is the reason McNally stole the balls prior to their appearance on the field?

That's not my point, and I agree with you about McNally. The issue is ... well, there are a lot of issues, all stemming from actions and decisions during the game and afterward that hinged on complete ignorance of the basic science. My point is that it looks bad for the league regardless of Brady's guilt (and I think he was involved).