Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

I believe it's been reported that wells firm was actually representing the nfl in the appeal, in addition to being present to field questions and partake in discussions about the report as you'd expect

No that's false. If you look at the transcript the first four pages or so list all the lawyers present. The NfLs general counsel Jeff Pash represented the NFL. Wells's firm had three lawyers there out of dozens. One of them asked some questions over the ten hours, yes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I certainly don't see any evidence that proves he cheated. As for how I view his answers ..... can't say from simple text messages that lack context. I would probably rank it as 60:40 that he is not lying and telling the truth. I think this ends in a fine and no suspension but, realizing it's labor and CBA arbitration law, flip a coin.

So you're saying Hernandez is innocent? I mean he said so to Kraft and those cops and prosecutors are not impartial

Well, I certainly don't see any evidence that proves he cheated. As for how I view his answers ..... can't say from simple text messages that lack context. I would probably rank it as 60:40 that he is not lying and telling the truth. I think this ends in a fine and no suspension but, realizing it's labor and CBA arbitration law, flip a coin.

You actually read his answers to what happened and happens to his phone and think he is 60/40 telling the truth? LOL.

I believe it's been reported that wells firm was actually representing the nfl in the appeal, in addition to being present to field questions and partake in discussions about the report as you'd expect

Which makes perfect sense. The NFL's judgment was based on the Wells report's findings. If Wells' firm was impartial in its investigation, why would they not be the ones to defend it?

Edited by Rocky Landing

Which makes perfect sense. The NFL's judgment was based on the Wells report's findings. If Wells' firm was impartial in it's investigation, why would they not be the one's to defend it?

They didn't represent the NFL in the appeal, the NFLs lawyers did. Wells' firm was represented too, but the NFL counsel led the NFL.

I just looked. There were 21 total lawyers there. The NFL had eight of their own, plus three from Wells' firm.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

If you are referring to the texts between McNally, and Jastremsky, how could you possibly say that they "lack context?"

No that's false. If you look at the transcript the first four pages or so list all the lawyers present. The NfLs general counsel Jeff Pash represented the NFL. Wells's firm had three lawyers there out of dozens. One of them asked some questions over the ten hours, yes.

jeff pash is the in-house counsel and thats no surprise. i recall reports that the league had an attorney from Paul, Weiss at the counsel table as well, in addition to those that were present for the report though. Didnt the NFLPA address this in their fillings last week? we discussed it right here in this thread even (but i dont have time to search, and now everything that pops up in a quick google is the transcript being released)

jeff pash is the in-house counsel and thats no surprise. i recall reports that the league had an attorney from Paul, Weiss at the counsel table as well, in addition to those that were present for the report though. Didnt the NFLPA address this in their fillings last week? we discussed it right here in this thread even (but i dont have time to search, and now everything that pops up in a quick google is the transcript being released)

I edited above. There were 8 lawyers from the NFL plus 3 from Wells firm out of 21 total. I will look for Weiss in a bit

I edited above. There were 8 lawyers from the NFL plus 3 from Wells firm out of 21 total. I will look for Weiss in a bit

Paul, Weiss is the firm, i believe one of their partners (name not remembered at the moment) however was noted as being specifically seated at the nfl counsel table and handling more than the NFLPA expected

the discrepancy between our takes may simply be one of those points that depending on who describes the situation it sounds better/worse for the nfl though.

Edited by NoSaint

So when he says things like his practice is to have his phones destroyed by his assistant even though the last two he still had and were not destroyed, you believe that?

As I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about Brady's guilt or innocence. This is not about what's right or wrong; it's about application of procedure and policy wrt labor and CBA law. If it were about what;s right or wrong, that would clearly be shown via simple science before any of this other crap got blow out of proportion.

Edited by Pneumonic

Paul, Weiss is the firm, i believe one of their partners (name not remembered at the moment) however was noted as being specifically seated at the nfl counsel table and handling more than the NFLPA expected

the discrepancy between our takes may simply be one of those points that depending on who describes the situation it sounds better/worse for the nfl though.

I understand and I stated that three of the lawyers from Wells' firm, Paul, Weiss, Riskin, Wharton, Garrison were there at the table. The one you're referring to is Lorin Reisner, and as I also stated above, he was the one that was asking questions at times over the ten hours. But the NFL was not represented at the appeal as "the report" you referenced indicated by Paul, Weiss. They had their own counsel (2) plus Goodell plus lawyers from three other firms that all officially represent the NFL and the NFL Management Council.

Counting Wells' firm, the NFL had 11 lawyers and Brady/NFLPA had 10.

As I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about Brady's guilt or innocence. This is not about what's right or wrong; it's about application of procedure and policy wrt labor and CBA law. If it were about what;s right or wrong, that would clearly be shown via simple science before any of this other crap got blow out of proportion.

So in other words, you don't believe him.

I ask if you believe Brady. You say yes, 60/40. I say so that means you believe what he said about a specific matter. And your response is "As I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks..."

I understand and I stated that three of the lawyers from Wells' firm, Paul, Weiss, Riskin, Wharton, Garrison were there at the table. The one you're referring to is Lorin Reisner, and as I also stated above, he was the one that was asking questions at times over the ten hours. But the NFL was not represented at the appeal as "the report" you referenced indicated by Paul, Weiss. They had their own counsel (2) plus Goodell plus lawyers from three other firms that all officially represent the NFL and the NFL Management Council.

Counting Wells' firm, the NFL had 11 lawyers and Brady/NFLPA had 10.

So in other words, you don't believe him.

I ask if you believe Brady. You say yes, 60/40. I say so that means you believe what he said about a specific matter. And your response is "As I said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks..."

I do side with Brady but it doesn't matter because this case's outcome doesn't rest on his innocence/guilt. It's not about Tom Brady; it's about the NFL vs the NFLPA.

I do side with Brady but it doesn't matter because this case's outcome doesn't rest on his innocence/guilt. It's not about Tom Brady; it's about the NFL vs the NFLPA.

I have followed this closer than anyone here. I know that. I was asking you a question that had nothing to do with that fact.

I found this little quote in a story about the rules change in 2006 that was pushed by Brady and Manning. I kept wondering how PSI could not have come up when that occurred. Although he doesn't specifically say PSI.

"The thing is, every quarterback likes it a little bit different," Brady said after addressing the competition committee. "Some like them blown up a little bit more, some like them a little more thin, some like them a little more new, some like them really broken in."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/26/tom-brady-deflategate-peyton-manning-rule-change-nfl/22372835/

I think this was before the Jets game where there is no proof the ball was actually 16 lbs.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan