Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly, i think if you go in thinking Brady was 100% guilty ...you will never admit to the discrepancies.

I was 100 % guilty till a few weeks ago....but just too much doubt about the science in the report. I mean , this is no refuting two gauges were used, refs have no clue which one they used to measure balls before the game...and they were . 5 off from each other at halftime...that in and of itself could be a 1lb difference just cause one Gauge was used pregame, another one at halftime.

12 Pats balls tested halftime, only 4 colts. And it could be argued the colts balls did not drop as much as expected...

All I am saying ....with no recording of pressure and which gauge Was used pregame...the " science" is of little use.

The circumstantial however is huge....and that is where this needs to be focused.

I'm not. I started out saying if you think he is innocent... nothing out of 30 factors makes any sense. Nothing.

Plus, I have argued incessantly that Brady is a liar and a cheater. But I am not a Patriots hater in that regard. I'm one of few people here who think Spygate was overblown and didn't help them at all. I think the fumble argument is wrong. I think Brady is one of the best QBs ever with or without the cheating that I don't think helps him one bit. In fact, he obviously thinks it helps him or else he wouldn't do it. So I think it helps him less than he himself thinks it helps him. I don't think Belichick or Kraft had anything to do with it. I think Belichick with or without cheating is the single best coach of all time.

So I am not out to get the Patriots. I just know Brady cheated here because EVERYTHING points to it, and as I have said a dozen times, if he didn't do it it is the equivalent of a dozen 100-1 shots coming in in a row.

Because NONE of the arguments against refute his involvement or that the balls were not intentionally deflated. Not one. ZERO.

What some of them do is present a slight possibility that a single ball might have lessened somewhere close to the amount 12 of them actually did.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Just to be clear....I think he did it. The circumstancial evidence is just to great.

Just think the science sucks

The science doesn't suck at all. The proving of it is sausage making. None of the science is wrong. Nothing in the Wells report as far as I know has proven to be untrue.

People question Exponent and they should. They have had some very questionable findings. Not all of their scientists and 30 years of findings are totally corrupt and false. Probably a small percentage is. I even spent an hour one day trying to find what they actually said about secondhand smoke, and found 100s of references to it and not one link to what they actually said. I assume they look to please their client. It would be hard not to.

That doesn't in any way mean this science is wrong. In fact, everything they said makes perfect sense. The experiments they did were outrageously detailed. I haven't seen anyone anywhere refute anything they did specifically.

Just to be clear....I think he did it. The circumstancial evidence is just to great.

Just think the science sucks

Nobody likes science. I'm sure most most scientist could write a 1000 page paper about why water is wet. It's boring so most people just ignore it.

A 20 page report on scientific evidence is just as boring as a 388 page report on scientific evidence was the point.

I would argue that a 388 page report on scientific evidence is 19-20 times more boring than a 20 page report. I mean, according to the math, which could be considered a science.

The media is making me sick the way they are all ball washing Brady saying he doesn't deserve any punishment.

So just to take a straw poll here - it feels like the boards general tone is that the media is in the leagues pocket because they are scared to upset them... Unless it involves a soon to retire player and q coach that doesn't give them access anyway... Then the league allegiances are out the window?

Nobody likes science. I'm sure most most scientist could write a 1000 page paper about why water is wet. It's boring so most people just ignore it.

actually that is false.

have you you ever messed with a van de graaff generator?

science is a riot when used for good.