Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

i was guilty of putting every TC tweet here last year. About halfway through I stopped, because it was just excruciating to see the snarky media comments. Things were so negative in TC that if you told me they would have won game 1 on the road, let alone have a winning season last August I would never have believed it. I don't think I want that TC experience this year. Others may post the tweets but I don't think I will. I do,however, enjoy the recaps from the posters who attend. Those are great.

Yea, it's the dissecting of every throw or play. It got so bad last year wasn't Joe B saying something about Manuel hanging his head or something. I appreciate the media reporting on TC being an out of towner but not when they inject their opinions into the reporting. You can tell it's going to be bad this year with the over analysis of off-season workouts.

I asked Sal C about if he would be Pericoping any of the practices and apparently it's against NFL policy. I wonder if they'll keep fans from doing it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it's the dissecting of every throw or play. It got so bad last year wasn't Joe B saying something about Manuel hanging his head or something. I appreciate the media reporting on TC being an out of towner but not when they inject their opinions into the reporting. You can tell it's going to be bad this year with the over analysis of off-season workouts.

I asked Sal C about if he would be Pericoping any of the practices and apparently it's against NFL policy. I wonder if they'll keep fans from doing it.

yes, two examples are articles about EJ hanging his head and wearing a visor showing his lack of leadership and confidence. Brutal.

I like to get coverage. But it's confusing to see one reporter say "Manuel throw just way off to Woods, and it was almost picked off by McKelvin. Stared him down the whole way. Here we go again. If he can't make these throws in camp, it's going to be a long season."

And another reporter say at the same time: "Manuel incomplete to Woods. Woods looked to have been confused on the route. Manuel expected him to be at a spot where he wasn't. Great play by McKelvin almost getting his hands on it."

tweet 1= doomed

Tweet 2 = normal rep to practice timing routes

Edited by YoloinOhio

i was guilty of putting every TC tweet here last year. About halfway through I stopped, because it was just excruciating to see the snarky media comments. Things were so negative in TC that if you told me they would have won game 1 on the road, let alone have a winning season last August I would never have believed it. I don't think I want that TC experience this year. Others may post the tweets but I don't think I will. I do,however, enjoy the recaps from the posters who attend. Those are great.

I think recaps from a few respected journalists are basically all I need, and that's where I'll attempt to put my mental energy haha

Longest two weeks ever!

Please no camp injuries. Anyone else paranoid about this?

I love our depth! We really don't have that many vulnerabilities . . . looking like we can even lose our two best QBs! I think this is the difference from other years that we have looked good on paper!

I love our depth! We really don't have that many vulnerabilities . . . looking like we can even lose our two best QBs! I think this is the difference from other years that we have looked good on paper!

You just jinxed us. Our entire OL is going to get season ending diarrhea from a severe case of IHOP food poisoning.

Best example was that the Steeler's scrimmage. I was ready to not watch any Bills football after that coverage.

EJ Manuel: The Most Extensive Skillset To Excel (2:48)
Quarterback EJ Manuel enters his third year in the NFL with a fresh coaching staff, a clean slate, and a will to succeed.

Camp Countdown: Who will start at strong safety?
One of the most tightly contested position battles during training camp will be at strong safety. Here’s a look at five contenders for the strong safety job.

Marcell Dareus: "We're Out Here Trying To Grow" (9:36)
Bills' DT Marcell Dareus joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his training out in Phoenix, Arizona and his eagerness to get to work at training camp next week.

Camp Countdown: 10 things to know about Bills camp at St. John Fisher
July 31 will mark the Pegulas’ first training camp as owners of the Bills.

Mid-July Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the club’s earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players

I wish the Bills would have done this

I don't think it's the reporting that is as much an issue as the fan/public reaction to those reports.

You have to know how to take the reports depending on the personality and reporting history of each media member. Each need to be taken with a grain of salt and analyzed collectively - not individually. Many fans will take one single tweet/report from one single reporter and blow it completely out of proportion.

I don't think it's the reporting that is as much an issue as the fan/public reaction to those reports.

You have to know how to take the reports depending on the personality and reporting history of each media member. Each need to be taken with a grain of salt and analyzed collectively - not individually. Many fans will take one single tweet/report from one single reporter and blow it completely out of proportion.

Twitter is an instantaneous medium; the journalists know what they're doing when they tweet something out.

Watch: An Offense Filled With New Toys (4:29)
John Murphy takes an in depth look at all the offensive weapons added to the Bills roster in the offseason.

Camp Countdown: Will Jerry Hughes make the Pro Bowl?

As far as Jerry Hughes is concerned, he’s still getting better seems unfazed by the lack of Pro Bowl attention so far. Will it happen in 2015?

Yup. Whaley and Marrone screwed up two years ago when the only veteran they brought in was Kevin freaking Kolb, and Buddy screwed the pooch when that taped conversation with the Tampa GM was released, preventing them from renegotiating with Fitz to keep him around as a mentor at a reduced price.

The plan all along should have been to let EJ develop for a couple of seasons behind an established vet. Last year was "needed" from that perspective; hopefully he learned enough to show significant progress. We're a week away from starting to find out.

Yup. Whaley and Marrone screwed up two years ago when the only veteran they brought in was Kevin freaking Kolb, and Buddy screwed the pooch when that taped conversation with the Tampa GM was released, preventing them from renegotiating with Fitz to keep him around as a mentor at a reduced price.

The plan all along should have been to let EJ develop for a couple of seasons behind an established vet. Last year was "needed" from that perspective; hopefully he learned enough to show significant progress. We're a week away from starting to find out.

One very good thing about him playing for the Buffalo Bills was that EJ got to go through his first two "awkward" years in relative anonymity. I think that he had some thin skin that needed to be toughened up and made thicker.

I don't think there's anyone still around who thinks that he's a broken player due to his benching last year. I remember all of these NFL pundits being over the top about how EJ was over and done because you can't go back to him since he was benched. Basically insinuating that he was too damaged mentally. That was so stupid.

I think that all signs are pointing to EJ nailing down the starting job early in training camp with Taylor being the solid backup who will be ready to come in if EJ can't get it done. I'm so looking forward to this training camp. All Bills fans will be hanging on every big and little tidbit of QB news coming out. Can't believe it's only days away!

“I think having to sit back and watch and learn from a veteran last year he knows how to approach the playbook this year,” said Fred Jackson. “He knows what he’s doing. A guy that’s physically gifted and can make all the throws and when he needs to he can pull the ball down and run with it.”

Most outside observers felt Manuel had a slight edge on Tyrod Taylor and Matt Cassel coming out of minicamp

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

yes, two examples are articles about EJ hanging his head and wearing a visor showing his lack of leadership and confidence. Brutal.

I like to get coverage. But it's confusing to see one reporter say "Manuel throw just way off to Woods, and it was almost picked off by McKelvin. Stared him down the whole way. Here we go again. If he can't make these throws in camp, it's going to be a long season."

And another reporter say at the same time: "Manuel incomplete to Woods. Woods looked to have been confused on the route. Manuel expected him to be at a spot where he wasn't. Great play by McKelvin almost getting his hands on it."

tweet 1= doomed

Tweet 2 = normal rep to practice timing routes

because tweets are for twits.

I wonder ... who do coaches review game film.... is it to see what actually happened and not act with a knee-jerk reaction because they didn't see everything at the time?

So excited, we were driving East on 490 yesterday and as you know there's a point where you get an awesome view of the field at SJF, and we saw how pristine it looked, and my wife goes to me, what are you looking at, keep your eyes on the road, I said, yeah but babe, that's where the Bills will be having training camp, she said, keep your eyes on the road dumbass.. :)

Couple more days!

Tim-