Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

Sure he can run. He can run for a couple yards if the picket collapses. But you can't design run plays for him. He can't get to the outside and cut upfield. He's not very elusive. He can run for scrambling. You asked what plays can Taylor run that EJ can't, and now you're saying "I'm not comparing them." Frank Summers could run, you want him to replace McCoy at RB? Because that's about the difference in ability we're looking at here

Designing plays for the QB to run will soon get your QB killed. What do you want to run the wishbone?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call it anti-EJ as I previously said Buscaglia was Meh Cassel as his worst QB through 2 practices. I think it's the over reporting of what he is doing wrong and not reporting on what else is going on with the other QBs.

Or just the "soundbite" reporting that's happening. You would think (hope) that the media could do a nice thorough job of reporting ALL that's going on - good, bad and otherwise.

I feel Astro has WAY more depth than most of the reporters out there.

I guess just read 'em all and form an opinion...

I wouldn't call it anti-EJ as I previously said Buscaglia was Meh Cassel as his worst QB through 2 practices. I think it's the over reporting of what he is doing wrong and not reporting on what else is going on with the other QBs.

That is fair. Admittedly, I don't think that EJ can be a successful NFL QB at this point. His flaws (accuracy & slow eyes) are fatal flaws IMO. It's just fascinating to me that as a board the guy that we like the least is the one that has had the most NFL success. I'm no Cassel fan either but I don't hate him (or any of them). I'm hoping for Taylor I guess but I'm not sure why other than I don't think that the other 2 are any good.

Designing plays for the QB to run will soon get your QB killed. What do you want to run the wishbone?

With the talent we have at QB the wishbone might be our best option. I know QBs get hurt easily but I think it's almost worth the risk looking at how bad these guys are. It worked with Kaep for a year with Roman as OC. That's where my hope lies.

Look, I'm not going to pretend that EJ is having a flawless camp. But in general, when we get the full day reports from people who watched the whole practice (including known EJ skeptic Joe B.) as well as our own Astrobot, the picture we get of his performance is different than what he get from the mass tweets.

With the talent we have at QB the wishbone might be our best option. I know QBs get hurt easily but I think it's almost worth the risk looking at how bad these guys are. It worked with Kaep for a year with Roman as OC. That's where my hope lies.

Jeez chill out. People are unreal here.

That is fair. Admittedly, I don't think that EJ can be a successful NFL QB at this point. His flaws (accuracy & slow eyes) are fatal flaws IMO. It's just fascinating to me that as a board the guy that we like the least is the one that has had the most NFL success. I'm no Cassel fan either but I don't hate him (or any of them). I'm hoping for Taylor I guess but I'm not sure why other than I don't think that the other 2 are any good.

I know this.....I think that EJ not having strong days is opening up the door for what Rex really wants to do

Start Tyrod Taylor........I just get the feeling that this is who they really want to hitch their wagon to.......they just want him to earn it

Do people really believe that there is some "anti-EJ" agenda? If so, why do you believe that? I'm just trying to figure out why we try so hard here to justify every mistake that he makes? Or any Bills player for that matter, there is going to be some good and some bad. That is football. For some reason though, we feel the need to make excuses for the bad. If you make more good than bad you will have success. It doesn't sound like the offense is doing that at the moment.

To be honest.....I really dont think there is a anti ej agenda

More like they want to see him succeed.....and are upset that they are not...and I INCLUDE the media in this......

Do people really believe that there is some "anti-EJ" agenda? If so, why do you believe that? I'm just trying to figure out why we try so hard here to justify every mistake that he makes? Or any Bills player for that matter, there is going to be some good and some bad. That is football. For some reason though, we feel the need to make excuses for the bad. If you make more good than bad you will have success. It doesn't sound like the offense is doing that at the moment.

Yes, bcuz they report every wrong but never report the good plays he's made. I mean they were busting in him then Rex said after watching film EJ looked pretty good. Fairburn said he threw a TD to Gragg. Did anyone else report it?

Yes, bcuz they report every wrong but never report the good plays he's made. I mean they were busting in him then Rex said after watching film EJ looked pretty good. Fairburn said he threw a TD to Gragg. Did anyone else report it?

If EJ makes a couple good throws but mostly bad throws, that's a bad day. Throwing one touchdown and then overthrowing or under throwing every other pass you're not going to highlight the one TD. When EJ has had good days the reporters are all over it. When he was in Pittsburgh last year and earlier this year in minicamp I remember them raving over EJ. They report on the overarching theme of the day not necessarily each individual play.

You're right, they all hate EJ and will risk their professional integrity and reputation just to bring him down. Seems legit.

I've heard from sources, those same within the franchise that gave me the EJ lead and moving up for Sammy - the team is quietly trying to see what, if any interest exists for EJ - if the season started tomorrow, it's Tyrod, Cassel and SIMMs right now... Granted, it's August 2nd, but perception is reality, EJ isn't making the grade. They love the intangibles, but he is not consistent enough to be considered an NFL starter.

I've heard from sources, those same within the franchise that gave me the EJ lead and moving up for Sammy - the team is quietly trying to see what, if any interest exists for EJ - if the season started tomorrow, it's Tyrod, Cassel and SIMMs right now... Granted, it's August 2nd, but perception is reality, EJ isn't making the grade. They love the intangibles, but he is not consistent enough to be considered an NFL starter.

Thanks for the insight.

Not too surprising. Apparently Richie has looked good, and Cordy is usually solid.

I just wonder what that says about Wood.

Good point, that didn't cross my mind at first. I think that the left side of the line should be pretty good.

Thanks for the insight. Is there any sense that they are looking to add to the position?