Jason Pierre-Paul fireworks accident

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed by the NFL:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Pierre-Paul suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks, according to two sources briefed of the situation. The full extent of the injury is unknown, but did require hospitalization.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500151/article/jason-pierrepaul-injures-hand-in-fireworks-accident?campaign=Twitter_atn

@AndySlater: Jason Pierre-Paul update: As of 90 mins ago, he was still in hospital. Hand injury so severe, he could still possibly lose it.

That sucks but I can't feel bad when you know the dangers before hand... And more then likely drinking when it happened.

Dang Confederate flag!

My cousin used to have big Fourth of July parties with beer, fireworks, and 4" rockets. One year the fire chief that was at the party lit the one of the mortars and stepped over the pipe. He was drunk and now has one arm and part of a face. Alcohol doesnt mix with stuff like this.

Edited by fansince88

@DanGrazianoESPN: I am told Pierre-Paul has some burns on one hand and they are checking his fingers for nerve damage but prognosis is not terrible.

@MikeGarafolo: Re: Jason Pierre-Paul's injury, clear at one point the fear was it was much worse than it wound up being. Burns, nerve issue but hand intact

@MikeGarafolo: To be even clearer, my sense is some folks think Pierre-Paul is very, very fortunate he didn't suffer a worse injury.

@AdamSchefter: JPP has burns on palm, 3 fingers. 1 finger could have nerve damage. Didn't lose any fingers, team thinks he'll be OK, per @DanGrazianoESPN.

@DanGrazianoESPN: I am told Pierre-Paul has some burns on one hand and they are checking his fingers for nerve damage but prognosis is not terrible.

@MikeGarafolo: Re: Jason Pierre-Paul's injury, clear at one point the fear was it was much worse than it wound up being. Burns, nerve issue but hand intact

@MikeGarafolo: To be even clearer, my sense is some folks think Pierre-Paul is very, very fortunate he didn't suffer a worse injury.

@AdamSchefter: JPP has burns on palm, 3 fingers. 1 finger could have nerve damage. Didn't lose any fingers, team thinks he'll be OK, per @DanGrazianoESPN.

Not the end of the world but for a powerful guy being able to engage with hands is important: see Williams, mario in his first 2 months.

I don't know how developed that part of JPPs game is, or how bad his injury could effect it but it's definitely possible it's not career threatening but still career altering.

NY Post reporting initial reports 'overblown', severe burns but no lost fingers and not career threatening.

p.s. What an idiot. Seriously, how !@#$ing stupid can people be with fireworks?

Edited by KD in CT