Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

awesome

Though the CBJ are my 2nd favorite hockey team, I kind of hope they don't win mcdavid (if Sabres don't win obviously). This isn't a hockey town at all. It has its core fans, but the NHL lottery, or these two top prospects, haven't even been mentioned once on local radio. I know they have poor odds to get the first pick but not even a blip. He deserves a city like Buffalo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that want to play along at home. Here is the draft simulator set up the way the NHL will select.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/official

You draw 4 balls and each team has a number of combinations equal to their odds of winning percentage. After each draw it updates each team's updated odds.

Pretty addicting.

They should do this live!...........Although I might not make it through that.

Well, let's not forget it's a huge upset if we win ...80% shot we don't.

And we get Eichel, like saying I'M phucked cause won the powerball when it was $250m rather than $400m.

But others win when it's only $50m.

That is Eichel compared to most years # 1. Yes a guy worth the 400 on top, but this guy still better than most years

Agree entirely! Eichel will be a force in the league for a long time. I'm totally OK with landing him. He's fast and explosive, great hands, great vision, great "hockey sense", and he's strong as a bull already. From a physical standpoint, he's probably more ready than McDavid in terms of being strong on the puck.

It's just that when I watch McDavid skate, he moves like Bert. Never thought I'd see that again.

Well, let's not forget it's a huge upset if we win ...80% shot we don't.

And we get Eichel, like saying I'M phucked cause won the powerball when it was $250m rather than $400m.

But others win when it's only $50m.

That is Eichel compared to most years # 1. Yes a guy worth the 400 on top, but this guy still better than most years

It's a huge upset no matter who wins the lottery with that logic, the other teams are closer to 90%+ chance of not getting the #1...

Edited by ricojes

Come on Gionta

@MatthewWGR: Brian Gionta talked w media for a few minutes in Roc. Said he won't be watching the lottery and whoever is picked will have to prove himself

I get what he's saying about rookies, highly touted or not having to carry bags, etc., but Gionta has never played with a center as talented as EITHER of McDavid or Eichel. He'll have much to prove to them as well.

It's a huge upset no matter who wins the lottery with that logic, the other teams are closer to 90%+ chance of not getting the #1...

Guess it depends on how you look at it. Any one team vs the field, not good odds. But, someone has to win this thing at 20% or less chance...

I would rather be in Buffalo's shoes than any other.

Come on Gionta

@MatthewWGR: Brian Gionta talked w media for a few minutes in Roc. Said he won't be watching the lottery and whoever is picked will have to prove himself

He friggen annoys me. I don't want him on the team next year. WTF, Gionta, you knew what you were getting into last year, if you don't like it leave.

Who else can see this guy coasting next year to settle the score with fans.... I will guarantee we get less multi point games next year in 82 games than we saw out of him Last 9 games this year , when he was in his crusade to finish 29th and screw the fans of this team

I am starting this ,early just like I started the hate Marrone crusade in training camp last year,,,, sometimes you can just feel when you are better off without someone

Edited by plenzmd1

For those of you that want to play along at home. Here is the draft simulator set up the way the NHL will select.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/official

You draw 4 balls and each team has a number of combinations equal to their odds of winning percentage. After each draw it displays each team's updated odds.

Pretty addicting.

Sabres on my third try. Carolina first, Arizona second.

Guess it depends on how you look at it. Any one team vs the field, not good odds. But, someone has to win this thing at 20% or less chance...

Kind of like the Kentucky Derby, you have a few favorites, but wouldn't be surprised if a long shot won it...I'll be watching on my cell, Hip start at 8. FNC would go nuts if Buffalo wins it and would be even louder if the Leafs get it....Can't wait.....1 time Buffalo....

Kind of like the Kentucky Derby, you have a few favorites, but wouldn't be surprised if a long shot won it...I'll be watching on my cell, Hip start at 8. FNC would go nuts if Buffalo wins it and would be even louder if the Leafs get it....Can't wait.....1 time Buffalo....

Think of it this way. The longer you run the simulator the closer you will get to the sabres coming up 20% of the time.

Or in terms of the field Sabres have an 80% of not getting the 1st pick.

I too have been running the simulator in short sample sizes and I am getting the Coyotes, Oilers, Leafs and Flyers more than the Sabres. Coyotes being the most.

Think of it this way. The longer you run the simulator the closer you will get to the sabres coming up 20% of the time.

Or in terms of the field Sabres have an 80% of not getting the 1st pick.

I too have been running the simulator in short sample sizes and I am getting the Coyotes, Oilers, Leafs and Flyers more than the Sabres. Coyotes being the most.

certain simulators are set for 50 plays before the 20% comes up, some are set to 100. But yes, 20% is 20%, bottom line is someone with low odds will win...

certain simulators are set for 50 plays before the 20% comes up, some are set to 100. But yes, 20% is 20%, bottom line is someone with low odds will win...

Yup. The only real benefit of having the worst record is your guaranteed the 2nd pick at the very least.

Even with the best odds at 20%, it is still stacked HEAVILY against them winning the lottery.