Sal on John Murphy Show

How much better is the program with Sal filling in for John Murphy? I know he's a legend but I can barley listen to John and his sidekick some days.

Legend? I didn't know that. Many years now since I moved from Buffalo though.

I love Murph's show, but Sal has been doing a nice job.

His topic last night was great - name the Bills player that really broke your heart when he left. It sparked some great conversation and memories, which I suppose is what good radio should be.

I love Murph's show, but Sal has been doing a nice job.

His topic last night was great - name the Bills player that really broke your heart when he left. It sparked some great conversation and memories, which I suppose is what good radio should be.

how about the caller who said Jay Reimersma... That was unexpected!

Obviously Murph has been a long time stalwart of the Buffalo Bills but I can't listen to his show. It's just so boring most of the time. His questions are uninteresting and often times he asks the guest a question than says "I imagine ....." and answers the question for the guest and then they don't have anything to add to an already thoughtless question.

Sal is clearly the best currently covering The Bills...IMHO it's not even close...

But that's mostly the football junkie in me...I think Sal knows football, and he seems well studied...I'm not going to agree with everything he says, but who does? When he tries to read the tea leaves, like how a single answer by Rex shows EJ is not his guy, I admit he loses me there a bit...But anyway...

I think he's consistently good...And I genuinely like Sal...I love that stupid chant/song they intro him with too...I laugh every time... B-)

Sal is clearly the best currently covering The Bills...IMHO it's not even close...

But that's mostly the football junkie in me...I think Sal knows football, and he seems well studied...I'm not going to agree with everything he says, but who does? When he tries to read the tea leaves, like how a single answer by Rex shows EJ is not his guy, I admit he loses me there a bit...But anyway...

I think he's consistently good...And I genuinely like Sal...I love that stupid chant/song they intro him with too...I laugh every time... B-)

LOL! I thought I was the only one who loved the "sal capacCIO sal capacCIO" intro tune. It literally stays with me throughout the day and makes me laugh. Also the fact that every single person even at WGR mispronounces his last name is hysterical. It's pronounced "capa-CHO" not "capa-CHI-OH".

Anyone know why when sal is filling in for John they don't upload the show to the podcast feed? I never listen live, but hate that I don't get the show when Sal is filling in.

im listening to the podcast right now. Do you have the WGR app? They are all on there.

I listen to the show almost every day (the podcast), and all in all, I enjoy it. I like it best when there are guests. The callers don't really add much, most of the time...I give kudos to Sal for not being afraid to reference old Buffalo Bills. I enjoyed him talking about Jerry Butler the other night, in more than just passing reference...I would love it if Murphy, or Sal, or whoever is hosting, from time to time, had former players on to talk about the nuts and bolts of their time in Buffalo. I am not talking about Andre Reed, Thurman, or Jim...I love those guys, but we always here from them.

I would love to hear from older players like, for instance, Rob Riddick, Lee Evans, Billy Brooks, Steve Freeman, Ben Williams..hell give me Joe Dufek... guys who are such a big part of our love for this team...maybe that is just the old guy in me...but I enjoy reminiscing about the older years... and I am sure a lot of these guys would be thrilled to get some air time... they don't necessarily have to be trying to raise awareness for some cause, or promoting something...just reminisce about their peak years as Buffalo Bills.

For some reason, hearing 25 people call in about the same topic, all, essentially saying the same thing, is just not compelling.

Edited by Buftex

im listening to the podcast right now. Do you have the WGR app? They are all on there.

I listen through the Itunes feed. I guess they don't get loaded to the Itunes feed, but go up on the app.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I can only take about five minutes of Murp and am enjoying Sal and my commute home. Murp is boring and every show is the same.

I do think it has gone stale. The format has now been essentially the same for what is it? 2 or 3 years since they started? Particularly at this time of year... they scrape the barrel for guests. There is the odd really good interview on there though.

I have said before though that I'll always love Murph. The one time I emailed the show he took the time to email me back personally, which I did not expect and which I thought was a very classy touch.

I'd like them to maybe mix in a bit of Sal once a week as a regular thing.