Carucci: Glenn likely "odd man out" in contract extensions

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a very good player but he will be expensive. You hate to lose anyone but you have to make some hard decisions. If Henderson and Kujo show some skills, it would make Glenn's loss a lot easier to take.

That said, hopefully for his and the Bills' sake, he has a pro bowl type season. You always have the franchise tag.

He's a very good player but he will be expensive. You hate to lose anyone but you have to make some hard decisions. If Henderson and Kujo show some skills, it would make Glenn's loss a lot easier to take.

That said, hopefully for his and the Bills' sake, he has a pro bowl type season. You always have the franchise tag.

I could see the franchise tag being slapped on Dareus, only about $12 million for a DT. Likely, Much cheaper than the $100 million or so over 6 years that he will want. I could see that figuring into negotiations with Dareus.

We used a 5th year option on Gilmore, his contract talks don't have to start until training camp next year and drafted Darby as a insurance policy.

I really want to retain Bradham before the season because the man will be a beast in this defense.

Hope to see both Henderson and Kujo get time at tackle this year.

A lot of the money spent this offseason comes off the books within the next two years.(In time for a EJ deal....if he shows up)

We have enough money to retain our good players or stay solid at position groups if Gilmore walks in two seasons.

This team is very well managed right now.

I could see the franchise tag being slapped on Dareus, only about $12 million for a DT. Likely, Much cheaper than the $100 million or so over 6 years that he will want. I could see that figuring into negotiations with Dareus.

We used a 5th year option on Gilmore, his contract talks don't have to start until training camp next year and drafted Darby as a insurance policy.

I really want to retain Bradham before the season because the man will be a beast in this defense.

Hope to see both Henderson and Kujo get time at tackle this year.

A lot of the money spent this offseason comes off the books within the next two years.(In time for a EJ deal....if he shows up)

We have enough money to retain our good players or stay solid at position groups if Gilmore walks in two seasons.

This team is very well managed right now.

I don't see them franchising Marcell. It doesn't benefit anyone especially in the long run. Lock him up long term and be done with it.

Is anyone starting to have flashbacks of the previous LT situation we went through with Peters? I know I am.

Having Pegula and Whaley instead of anyone in the last twenty years makes an enormous difference. There is no longer any limitations on contracts other than the salary cap.

I don't see them franchising Marcell. It doesn't benefit anyone especially in the long run. Lock him up long term and be done with it.

You make it sound so easy.

Is anyone starting to have flashbacks of the previous LT situation we went through with Peters? I know I am.

Why, what has happened in the past year or so to have you think this? Carucci is just guessing as he needs to write about stuff until camp starts.

It would be a big mistake not to re-sign Glenn. The OL is poor as it is . Look at last years running game and QB protection

I would cut Chris Williams and Fred to keep Glenn.

Edited by ALF

Having Pegula and Whaley instead of anyone in the last twenty years makes an enormous difference. There is no longer any limitations on contracts other than the salary cap.

You make it sound so easy.

Why, what has happened in the past year or so to have you think this? Carucci is just guessing as he needs to write about stuff until camp starts.

I'm just talking about from the standpoint of losing a guy we know is good and watching him continue to be good for another team for years to come.

I'm just talking about from the standpoint of losing a guy we know is good and watching him continue to be good for another team for years to come.

well, that happens to both good and bad teams. hopefully we have a next guy up that takes the sting out like the good teams do.

Glenn is a good-not-great LT, but we all know what it's like to have bad LTs. They can do better, but they might not. In my opinion, he's basically a sure thing, and it could be a lot worse. Because he's good, though, he may end up getting a huge contract from some team on the cusp that is desperate for a decent LT.

Glenn is a good-not-great LT, but we all know what it's like to have bad LTs. They can do better, but they might not. In my opinion, he's basically a sure thing, and it could be a lot worse. Because he's good, though, he may end up getting a huge contract from some team on the cusp that is desperate for a decent LT.

I'm sure he'd get a nice offer from Carolina