Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually hear much ej praise from jb. I can't understand why there are so few reps, but it sounds like one play is making up his assessment

It was EJ's turn to roll with the second-string yesterday. It was interesting that Buscaglia's take departed from that of the other reporters' there yesterday.

@JoeBuscaglia: Observations from Day 1 of #Bills minicamp are up. And the QBs did better... slightly http://t.co/rLLVltiRH1

Funny that even the reports on the punters is so different. Joe B is saying, Schmidt has it locked; someone else linked above was saying Gay was making a bit of a competition out of it. So basically all this is useless and I should get back to work?

Very interesting. It seemed clear he has EJ in third place.

A distant third, is what I took from his remarks. Granted, EJ's the least experienced -both in NFL time and skills.

Interesting that Gay is competing at punter. To have Easly waiting flat-footed at the 2 for the ball to finally come down could be very beneficial for that 52nd/53rd position if we let Schmidt go and keep Gay's KO luxury & punting. An extra DB/WR/OL/DL would be great! We are finally going to have good pros be cut in September that will be swooped up by other teams.

Funny that even the reports on the punters is so different. Joe B is saying, Schmidt has it locked; someone else linked above was saying Gay was making a bit of a competition out of it. So basically all this is useless and I should get back to work?

Yep

Percy Harvin: "This Offense Can Be Very Scary" (5:20)

WR Percy Harvin talks about Sammy Watkins, the potential of the special teams unit and working with WR Coach Sanjay Lal.

Stephon Gilmore: "I Can Be Even More Physical" (4:56)

CB Stephon Gilmore talks about the progress of his rehab, how his skillset will work in Rex Ryan's defensive scheme and how he's improved mentally over his first few years.

any chance on these videos to get rough recaps of the actual opinions, stories, etc.... instead of just title and topic? i know a lot of folks dont have the privilege of audio when perusing the board. Edited by NoSaint

I don't usually hear much ej praise from jb. I can't understand why there are so few reps, but it sounds like one play is making up his assessment

Something is weird when two reporters have two very different assessments of Bills camp.

It was EJ's turn to roll with the second-string yesterday. It was interesting that Buscaglia's take departed from that of the other reporters' there yesterday.

Just read it - very odd that he said EJ had the best day. I guess its not a bad thing like everyone else said, he usually has to choke out any praise for EJ.

any chance on these videos to get rough recaps of the actual opinions, stories, etc.... instead of just title and topic? i know a lot of folks dont have the privilege of audio when perusing the board.

Percy:

- Lot of progress for the offense with timings and motions

- Very fast paced offense

- Sky is the limit for the offense because you can't key on any single weapon or position group

- Came here because it looks like a complete team that can be special in all 3 phases

- Still a goal to become a more polished, true receiver

- Has a high comfort level with the coaching staff

Gilmore:

- On pace to go full speed at TC

- Likes the physical nature of the scheme, allows him to make plays

- Excellent scheme for disguises and creating chaos

- Doesn't want to talk about 'Revis Role', would rather let his play do the talking

- Feels he can play smarter with experience instead of just playing on athleticism, cited Graham as helping with that

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

@JoeBuscaglia: Observations from Day 1 of #Bills minicamp are up. And the QBs did better... slightly http://t.co/rLLVltiRH1

EJ must have apologize for stealing Joe B's girl and giving him a wedgie at FSU. ;)

Just keep progressing.

Something is weird when two reporters have two very different assessments of Bills camp.

How is it weird? These guys are hardly experts. They are just giving opinions like posters here do. It's not an exact science, especially in regards to qb play, that folks pretend it is.

Scouting Qbs might be the single hardest thing to do in sports.

Percy:

- Lot of progress for the offense with timings and motions

- Very fast paced offense

- Sky is the limit for the offense because you can't key on any single weapon or position group

- Came here because it looks like a complete team that can be special in all 3 phases

- Still a goal to become a more polished, true receiver

- Has a high comfort level with the coaching staff

Gilmore:

- On pace to go full speed at TC

- Likes the physical nature of the scheme, allows him to make plays

- Excellent scheme for disguises and creating chaos

- Doesn't want to talk about 'Revis Role', would rather let his play do the talking

- Feels he can play smarter with experience instead of just playing on athleticism, cited Graham as helping with that

gracias! im sure there are many that see those roll through, but never start discussion on them because they dont watch them at work or wherever, and dont go back later. cant blame gilmore for trying to distance himself from revis expectations. with the ryan hire he certainly got a spotlight shined straight on him to be compared to an ELITE corner.

Agreed. Joe B barely tweeted from camp yesterday. Maybe he was otherwise occupied, thus missing the punting competition, or maybe he was focusing more than the others. Either way, it is indeed odd.

How is it weird? These guys are hardly experts. They are just giving opinions like posters here do. It's not an exact science, especially in regards to qb play, that folks pretend it is.

Scouting Qbs might be the single hardest thing to do in sports.

Agreed, and I get the impression from what I read that Joe B is more of the typical poster here than the other reporters.