Who is going to be the biggest surprise Bill this year?

You don't want to be just another guy here at TBD. Dig deep, embrace your inner idiot, find the most ridiculous position you're capable of, make it your crusade and take your place among the Pantheon of TBD's legendary warrior poets. And when the mods strike you down you'll arrive at the gates of Valhalla shiny, red, white, and blue. His name was NDBUFFCUSEREALMADRID. Witness him!

As always Jauronimo, you sum up the madness of TBD better than anyone.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to be just another guy here at TBD. Dig deep, embrace your inner idiot, find the most ridiculous position you're capable of, make it your crusade and take your place among the Pantheon of TBD's legendary warrior poets. And when the mods strike you down you'll arrive at the gates of Valhalla shiny, red, white, and blue. His name was NDBUFFCUSEREALMADRID. Witness him!

:lol::worthy:

I think Harvin will be one of the biggest reasons we make the playoffs this year.

Predict that by the time off-season comes around we all whine that we cant afford his cap hit or to rework his deal.

Other prediction is Bradham will become a even bigger monster and make the pro bowl.

And Watkins will show us why he was rated higher then OBJ in the draft. Unfortunately the debate will keep going until they both retire OR Mike Evans is actually Jerry Rice.

I got a thing for Harvin. no lie.

if he can stay healthy... Watch out. He was trending toward MVP of the league with Christian Ponder as his QB a few years ago before the migraines.

Fwiw he said he has not had them since he left Minn.

Why? Because he caught one pass last year that went for 40 yards simply because he wasn't covered? You prefer a guy with 11 career receptions over three seasons and think he can be lethal based on what, exactly? Meanwhile Clay has actually seen the field and had some success yet you have NO faith he can get it done. The juxtaposition of those two statements boggles the mind.

You thought Brad Smith should be given a shot at QB. You were also infatuated with Dickerson and Kaufmann and freaked out when they were cut. You predicted they'd be stars elsewhere. This isn't an isolated event. You're the guy who takes Austin Collie in the first round of his fantasy draft because hes a "sleeper". You'd pick 100 dark horses if given the opportunity and despite the heavy losses it would be worth it to you to call one right. I'll be kind and say you're a contrarian, but you need to come to terms with the fact that no one else on the planet shares your views on this topic (among others) and the implications thereof.

Hahahahahah burn... Good memory

Will that surprise anyone?

it should, it was surprising to me not watching come down with a single jump ball all season. will be a nice change of pace. Why dont you remember all of the contested balls he batted down ala donald jones?

There are a lot of guys I expect big things from. Nearly everyone on D, McCoy, Watkins and Clay. Woods and Harvin could shine, but that wouldn't really surprise me either. I think Hogan could surprise the most with production this year. I don't think he's even top three when it comes to the WR's, but one of the three will likely get injured and he will produce when called upon. He'll benefit from teams game planning around the rest of the weapons on offense.

The coaches have been high on him this offseason as well. This was from an article Yolo linked earlier: "Lal said he's consistently outperforming his teammates in the weight room and is developing into one of the better route runners on the team."

(Fast forward three months and he's probably cut.)

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Hahahahahah burn... Good memory

OR, you may have just quoted BS from the mouth of some 40yr old waiting for his mom to yell "Dinner!" so he can get out of bed for the first time all day... -You could have just regurgitated quips from the rancid piehole of someone with NOTHING to offer this board,or this world, but his stash of sleazy half-truths, dull sarcasm, and narcissisitic rage that is common to born losers...

if you want the truth, just ask me....The truth is that I really liked Brandon Kaufman, and Brad Smith... Still do...I thought they could've helped this team, and hoped for success in their careers... I believe a franchise that's missed the playoffs for sixteen consecutive seasons should take chances with personnel... -That's no secret...Seems to me like the stopwatch-holders, and front-office suits (for all their stat-hoarding, and insider knowledge) have failed us... Their way hasn't worked, and it SHOULD HAVE by now...

If you look around the league, you'll see players at it's top echelon that have no business being there.. Guys who were drafted late, or not at all... Guys who were considered too short, or too slow... Guys that just don't fit the mold of what we imagine success to look like in the NFL.. I'm not saying we should recruit doubles-tennis players out of college just to see. I'm just saying that this problem, OUR problem could require a fresh approach...

And for the record, I don't know a damn thing about Austin Collie... He was never on my radar as a rookie, or anything else... I don't know the guy.... I also never predicted stardom for anyone cut from this team. -I may have HOPED for it... but that's what you do with players you like... At least I have the spine to go on record about it.

Edited by #34fan

if he can stay healthy... Watch out. He was trending toward MVP of the league with Christian Ponder as his QB a few years ago before the migraines.

Fwiw he said he has not had them since he left Minn.

Christian Ponder throwing me the ball would give me migraines too................

If you look around the league, you'll see players at it's top echelon that have no business being there.. Guys who were drafted late, or not at all... Guys who were considered too short, or too slow... Guys that just don't fit the mold of what we imagine success to look like in the NFL.. I'm not saying we should recruit doubles-tennis players out of college just to see.

And yet even with other teams in the league clearly willing to think outside the box and ending up with stars who have no business being there Brad Smith and Brandon Kauffman don't have jobs.

This is my point to you - not that you are wrong to say the Bills might have fallen into the mould of looking for the wrong things over recent years... but that you are undermining what is fundamentally a sensible point by refusing to admit that some of your loved long shots were just flat out bad.

And yet even with other teams in the league clearly willing to think outside the box and ending up with stars who have no business being there Brad Smith and Brandon Kauffman don't have jobs.

This is my point to you - not that you are wrong to say the Bills might have fallen into the mould of looking for the wrong things over recent years... but that you are undermining what is fundamentally a sensible point by refusing to admit that some of your loved long shots were just flat out bad.

Wouldn't Hogan, Charles, Henderson, Robey, etc... be the exact outside the box guys that are being referenced? Edited by Kirby Jackson

OR, you may have just quoted BS from the mouth of some 40yr old waiting for his mom to yell "Dinner!" so he can get out of bed for the first time all day... -You could have just regurgitated quips from the rancid piehole of someone with NOTHING to offer this board,or this world, but his stash of sleazy half-truths, dull sarcasm, and narcissisitic rage that is common to born losers...

if you want the truth, just ask me....The truth is that I really liked Brandon Kaufman, and Brad Smith... Still do...I thought they could've helped this team, and hoped for success in their careers... I believe a franchise that's missed the playoffs for sixteen consecutive seasons should take chances with personnel... -That's no secret...Seems to me like the stopwatch-holders, and front-office suits (for all their stat-hoarding, and insider knowledge) have failed us... Their way hasn't worked, and it SHOULD HAVE by now...

If you look around the league, you'll see players at it's top echelon that have no business being there.. Guys who were drafted late, or not at all... Guys who were considered too short, or too slow... Guys that just don't fit the mold of what we imagine success to look like in the NFL.. I'm not saying we should recruit doubles-tennis players out of college just to see. I'm just saying that this problem, OUR problem could require a fresh approach...

And for the record, I don't know a damn thing about Austin Collie... He was never on my radar as a rookie, or anything else... I don't know the guy.... I also never predicted stardom for anyone cut from this team. -I may have HOPED for it... but that's what you do with players you like... At least I have the spine to go on record about it.

:lol:

For you and e-balls information, I DO pick longshots at the track... -Quite often, actually... I may drive an hour to the OTB to bet ONE stupid horse in ONE stupid race...I lose ineveitably...However, I've KILLED 'em on MANY races that left everyone scratching their heads (except me)

LOTS of factors go into my bets.. Where's the horse from? Who's his Trainer, -Jockey? -Sire?.... What track are we talking? How's the turf there? How does the horse's recent workouts look? - Was he in the money in his last race? If so, running against whom? -What was the turf like that day/night?

And that's just the beginning.... I've bet all kinds of horses from the trotters to quarters.... I'll take a horse to win/place with long odds because I've observed something others may have overlooked.

Invariably, the people that questioned my methods in the beginning, are the SAME ones stalking me to the cage to hear my bet... -Not to ridicule it, but to COPY it...

Fact is, I'd take Brad Smith TODAY over most of the QB options on our roster... I'll leave you with comment from long ago against one of my other long shots.

"I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time". –NY33

Nope... Wilson had his share of tacit supporters on TBD, but relativley few of us took it over the deep end, which is where I reside when it comes to Bills football.. I can understand how you'd feel 99.9 perent sure that we wouldn't have gotten anywhere with Smith of Kaufman... However the fact is you'll never be able to say for sure... If Kurt Warner could go from being out of football, to winning a superbowl, and a 6th rounder could evolve into a superbowl-winning machine, then absolutlely anything can happen... This, more than anything, is why I watch football... for it's grand surprises, and spectacular hidden gems.

Moving forward, there's a few undrafteds I think could make statements in camp... WR Andre Davis, LB AJ Tarpley, and DE Cedric Reed.. I think DE BJ Larsen may not make this team, but has the motor to be successful elsewhere. As stocked with talent as we're supposed to be, I hope this year's coaching staff has the courage to think out of the box, and see beyond the stat lines.

"I lose inevitably; so much so that others copy my behavior because they also want to lose."

This is TSW gold.

Taking chances with personnel means signing guys and kicking the tires. I think the Bills have done that. "Taking chances" doesn't mean signing Brad Smith and letting him start just to take a chance. They evaluated him in practice and saw that he wasn't very good. So he didn't play except for WC.

Coaches start their best 11 on offense and their best 11 on defense. When it's debatable if someone is one of the best or not, yep, he should be given a chance on the field. But Brad Smith was never in the running for a starting role. He made it plain on the practice field that he didn't deserve to be a starter.

If some guy is too slow, weak or unskilled during practice, he's not suddenly gonna become a different guy on Sunday. We shouldn't insert the lame into the starting lineup just to take a chance and try something different.

You're telling me I should embrace a tuth that was never proved to my satisfaction. -If we had a playoff run after eliminating these players, I'd consider it. However, since we did not, -Couldn't there be the slightest chance that these choices were just the latest in a series of bad ones, all leading up to a damn-near two decades long playoff drought?

Why don't you add something to the post, instead of whining about conversations you were never a part of? Why be the iminion of some smegma-eating troll who has no hope for this team, -Isn't a Bills fan.. -And probably doesn't even like football?

You're telling me I should embrace a tuth that was never proved to my satisfaction.

in that context - it is a 2 way street.

Many think that EJs success has yet to pr proven, or if he isn't capable.

Others already believe to their satisfaction that he will amount to nothing and will not accept any other answer.

It took how many seasons for people to accept CJ Spiller was not the player he was expected to be?

so who is the true timeline?

You're telling me I should embrace a tuth that was never proved to my satisfaction. -If we had a playoff run after eliminating these players, I'd consider it. However, since we did not, -Couldn't there be the slightest chance that these choices were just the latest in a series of bad ones, all leading up to a damn-near two decades long playoff drought?

Why don't you add something to the post, instead of whining about conversations you were never a part of? Why be the iminion of some smegma-eating troll who has no hope for this team, -Isn't a Bills fan.. -And probably doesn't even like football?

Can't any team that didn't win every game use this if you change the wording slightly? "Couldn't our decision to cut ____ have potentially changed the outcome of ____ game?" The PERFECT example specific to the Bills would have been if they kept Tavaris Jackson during the KC game that Tuel played. You can point to a play in any game that is a mistake that if someone else was in may not have happened. "If we had kept Chad Jackson in 2010 maybe we don't lose the Steelers game because maybe he wouldn't have dropped that ball that Stevie dropped?"

it is just flawed logic and can literally be applied to every team in the history of the NFL except that undefeated Dolphins team.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Goodwin is going to take the top off and keep it off.

:huh::blink::huh:

His 18 career receptions ARE impressive!!!

Seriously though, wasn't this a horrible pick at # 3? Reminds of Ol' Whitey drafting Roscoe Parrish.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15839/marquise-goodwin

Edited by San-O

:huh::blink::huh:

His 18 career receptions ARE impressive!!!

Seriously though, wasn't this a horrible pick at # 3? Reminds of Ol' Whitey drafting Roscoe Parrish.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15839/marquise-goodwin

Small sample size but with those 18 receptions he is averaging 18.1 YPC. That is the 26th highest in NFL history. If he is used as that explosive playmaker and part time player that many envision he is a DYNAMIC weapon. Goodwin isn't a guy that is going to make 8 catches a game. Twice a game however he may stretch the field and either catch a long pass or draw a long PI flag.

Small sample size but with those 18 receptions he is averaging 18.1 YPC. That is the 26th highest in NFL history. If he is used as that explosive playmaker and part time player that many envision he is a DYNAMIC weapon. Goodwin isn't a guy that is going to make 8 catches a game. Twice a game however he may stretch the field and either catch a long pass or draw a long PI flag.

He's no Dorin Dickerson.

Easley, Goodwin, Hogan, Lewis.

All four of those guys aren't going to make the team. Who do you cut?

Easley, Goodwin, Hogan, Lewis.

All four of those guys aren't going to make the team. Who do you cut?

Kirby's answer will be Hogan, followed by an evil villain-like laugh.

Kirby's answer will be Hogan, followed by an evil villain-like laugh.

Ha ha, I actually gave him credit earlier in here. He is on the bubble like all of those guys. I think that Easley is safe after they just paid him. 1 or 2 of Hogan, Goodwin and Lewis will make the team.

Ha ha, I actually gave him credit earlier in here. He is on the bubble like all of those guys. I think that Easley is safe after they just paid him. 1 or 2 of Hogan, Goodwin and Lewis will make the team.

Hogan, Goodwin, Lewis-- Pick two.

Of the three of them, I think Goodwin gets cut.

the guy no one talks about is Robert Woods with all the additions he will be one on one alot....i look for a big year from Woods

I still think he might be the best receiver on the team. Sammy came very close to changing my mind last year, but I think they're neck and neck.

Woods is my pick for biggest surprise as well. Not because I think he will have big stats, but because I think he is the only one of our top three receivers who will fully embrace run support. I'm anticipating Shady popping long runs due to Woods' outside/downfield blocking.

Not to me. I think Goodwin is better than Hogan, more useful. Hogan is having a good off season from the coachs' reports, he'll need to carry that over into camp to make the team. He's got a chance, as much of one as Goodwin who's bugaboo is his health. Lewis is a PS candidate unless he blows the competition out of the water.

Goodwin, Hogan, Lewis -- in that order for me headed into camp. We'll reassess after the first few weeks.

Edited by GreggyT

I think that Lewis gets cut. These guys are going to use Goodwin it sounds like. He is extremely valuable to a team that wants to run the ball. He keeps guys out of the box. MG is never healthy or he would not even be on the bubble IMO.

Not to me. I think Goodwin is better than Hogan, more useful. Hogan is having a good off season from the coachs' reports, he'll need to carry that over into camp to make the team. He's got a chance, as much of one as Goodwin who's bugaboo is his health. Lewis is a PS candidate unless he blows the competition out of the water.

Goodwin, Hogan, Lewis -- in that order for me headed into camp. We'll reassess after the first few weeks.

Pretty much my thoughts

So you admit that he did well in Miami and is seemingly in the perfect offense for his skill set (see Delanie Walker) and you are expecting him to get worse?

No one is suggesting that you have to like a particular player. It is ludicrous to think that he will not be on the field at all times. His versatility is essential in today's NFL. There is so much prep work done now because of technology that you have to be able to disguise what you are going to do. That's why guys like Lee Smith are so useless. Clay is in line for a big year IMO but even if he doesn't have a big year it doesn't change the fact that he is the ideal fit for this team.

Yeah 34 im sorry but I cant share your view

This team went hard after Clay because fits what Roman wants to do perfectly......he was a top 100 NFL player in 2014......just dont understand your view but I respect your right to have it

I think that Lewis gets cut. These guys are going to use Goodwin it sounds like. He is extremely valuable to a team that wants to run the ball. He keeps guys out of the box. MG is never healthy or he would not even be on the bubble IMO.

Pretty much my thoughts

You know whats interesting is with all the players being kept at other positions it might be hard for ALL these players to make the team.

The draft pick might go to practice squad......Roman likes his tight ends.......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14402/chris-hogan

I know this sounds nuts, and he may not even survive training camp, but Hogan was really

starting to hit his stride last year and contribute, and I look for that to continue.

its sounds nuts yep. But there might be something to it.

wouldn't that be cool ! ? hope they can stash Dez on the PS.

Christian Ponder throwing me the ball would give me migraines too................

how do feel about EJ or Cassel or Tyrod one handed throwing.

Slight Nausea or shooting pains down your left arm?

in that context - it is a 2 way street.

Many think that EJs success has yet to pr proven, or if he isn't capable.

Others already believe to their satisfaction that he will amount to nothing and will not accept any other answer.

It took how many seasons for people to accept CJ Spiller was not the player he was expected to be?

so who is the true timeline?

This is a great example of how hard it is to say anything definite in regard to player. I think we have to wait on CJ.

I am certainly going to watch NO games just to see how he looks.

OT Tyson Chandler... I really believe he will make the team...

good call brother! rooting for the kid !! kids a monster and seems to have the smarts, and some foot speed for his size

this is very real. I am voting to keep Goodwin and leaning towards Hogan too since the good reports

Spoken like a true "smegma eating [minion]" of someone, who in all likelihood, hates the Bills, football, and America.

Spoken like a true professional . especially the Minion thingie/

I think Nigel Bradham had a breakout year last year...

My pick is Nick O'Leary.

I think Bradham already broke out !

But love me some O'Leary

Edited by 3rdand12