Bills Release Jeff Tuel and Claim Matt Simms

Why wouldn't Simms be an upgrade over Tuel? He's got the bloodlines. I'm in favor of this. By the way, I am aware that my previous sentence carries no weight whatsoever, and is meaningless in the face of the world.

I think anyone is an upgrade over Tuel. But Simms barely played in college or the pros. I guarantee if he didn't have his last name, he's not in the NFL.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone is an upgrade over Tuel. But Simms barely played in college or the pros. I guarantee if he didn't have his last name, he's not in the NFL.

Agreed. I am not sure why you even make this move. Essentially switching one scrub who will not make the team for another. Waste of time.

Why wouldn't Simms be an upgrade over Tuel? He's got the bloodlines. I'm in favor of this. By the way, I am aware that my previous sentence carries no weight whatsoever, and is meaningless in the face of the world.

iirc he came in the game after Geno was benched in 2013 at RWS (fun fact, Eugene was benched in 3 out of the 4 games he has played the Bills) and led the Jetssss to a TD.

Tuel's place in Bills history with the horrific INT against KC. Tuel time is over.

The funny thing is, hasn't it been confirmed that the pick was more Stevie's fault than Tuel's? Stevie did his usual adjustment (which did get him wide open) and Tuel threw to where he was supposed to be? Hard to blame Tuel on a bang bang play when he hasn't had many reps with the WRs, or at least enough to telepathically know what Stevie was going to do. I actually thought Tuel played pretty well in the KC game. Didn't Goodwin have a terrible fumble also?

The funny thing is, hasn't it been confirmed that the pick was more Stevie's fault than Tuel's? Stevie did his usual adjustment (which did get him wide open) and Tuel threw to where he was supposed to be? Hard to blame Tuel on a bang bang play when he hasn't had many reps with the WRs, or at least enough to telepathically know what Stevie was going to do. I actually thought Tuel played pretty well in the KC game. Didn't Goodwin have a terrible fumble also?

tj Graham fumbled

I think that SJ was open but the DB tripped... Because he tripped, he kind of was in the exact place for the INT

The "fault" was on hackett for giving tuel the option to pass, imo. He called a run with the option to pass. Tuel was a UDFA rookie playing in his first game. On the goal line, you !@#$ing run the ball or take the FG. Imo.

tj Graham fumbled

I think that SJ was open but the DB tripped... Because he tripped, he kind of was in the exact place for the INT

The "fault" was on hackett for giving tuel the option to pass, imo. He called a run with the option to pass. Tuel was a UDFA rookie playing in his first game. On the goal line, you !@#$ing run the ball or take the FG. Imo.

Lol, definitely. I'm pretty sure we had like close to 250 on the ground that game too. Just annihilating them with the run, and Hackett calls a play with a pass option. Literally UNREAL. So glad he's gone.

Yes EJ is getting cut after running with the Ones during OTA's the last couple of days when Cassel and Tyrod were rotated in and out.

I wouldn't read too much into that. They are all going to get equal snaps with the 1's. He just happened to be the 1 of the 3 that didn't have to rotate in the 1st 2 days.

With that being said I don't see EJ being traded. There is no market for him. Even if his chance of being a franchise QB is small would you rather have a 6th rounder or that chance? It just doesn't make any sense to the Bills. I wouldn't trade any of the QBs for a 6th. The value isn't there.

This is a question for EJ lovers, haters and the people on the fence. When is an appropriate time to declare that he isn't the guy (or when was it for those that have written him off)? This is really where a lot of the differences stem from. Just curious as to what other think is an appropriate sample size to judge EJ by...

simms already knows the bills playbook better than tuel & ej

That's doubtful since Simms never played for Greg Roman

I wouldn't read too much into that. They are all going to get equal snaps with the 1's. He just happened to be the 1 of the 3 that didn't have to rotate in the 1st 2 days.

With that being said I don't see EJ being traded. There is no market for him. Even if his chance of being a franchise QB is small would you rather have a 6th rounder or that chance? It just doesn't make any sense to the Bills. I wouldn't trade any of the QBs for a 6th. The value isn't there.

This is a question for EJ lovers, haters and the people on the fence. When is an appropriate time to declare that he isn't the guy (or when was it for those that have written him off)? This is really where a lot of the differences stem from. Just curious as to what other think is an appropriate sample size to judge EJ by...

I'm holding out hope for EJ.

That said if he doesn't win the job outright in camp, I think it's over. He's out of excuses

Agreed. I am not sure why you even make this move. Essentially switching one scrub who will not make the team for another. Waste of time.

Though I agree that this news is mainly irrelevant, on rare occasions your starter gets injured by a piece of floor covering followed by your #2 and #3 getting injured....which leads to your scrub playing and even becoming an NFL starter.

Waste of time for who? If Simms is better than Tuel, why not make the move. One QB goes down, we'll need another one.