Bears Cut Ray McDonald after Arrest on DV Charges

Ray McDonald arrested on domestic violence charges

Chicago Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald was arrested at 7 a.m. on Monday for domestic abuse and child endangerment charges, Santa Clara law enforcement officials have confirmed to NFL Media.

In December, the 30-year-old was released by the 49ers after being named as a suspect in a prior investigation for sexual assault.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let law deal with it. Charges are not always true and press likes to prosecute and convict without research because it is easier.

True.

I do think that there's smoke here though. It's his 3rd accusation of violence in the last 10 months, and I think I remember him having issues at Florida as well.

True.

I do think that there's smoke here though. It's his 3rd accusation of violence in the last 10 months, and I think I remember him having issues at Florida as well.

The other thing that's rough now is the nfl policy has made the target even bigger on these guys. Probably not the case here but by upping the stakes even without a conviction -- guys might be subject to more false accusations and attempts to use "pay me and I won't talk to the league" situations. Not that I think it's the case here but a more global commentary on the leagues approach

Awesome. Good on them for getting rid of someone they just acquired.

I hope other teams follow suit...doesn't matter who you are, if you screw up, you should be gone.

(This is a good football player, who signed a good contract if I recall correctly.)

EDIT: Screw up in certain ways, I should say...smoking weed could be considered "screwing up," but that's not where I'm going with this.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Awesome. Good on them for getting rid of someone they just acquired.I hope other teams follow suit...doesn't matter who you are, if you screw up, you should be gone.(This is a good football player, who signed a good contract if I recall correctly.)EDIT: Screw up in certain ways, I should say...smoking weed could be considered "screwing up," but that's not where I'm going with this.

It was a 1 yr, $1.05M deal with no SB or guarantees. The Bears lose nothing by cutting him.

Some individuals are just lousy human beings. Hopefully he will eventually find his way. There is no reason why the Bears, or the NFL, should be a party to it. It is about time they weeded out guys like this.

@adbrandt

No "due process" nor Commissioner Exempt list on this one. Bears release Ray McDonald. The ultimate discipline.

He was on contract w/no signing bonus. No need to do anything else by Bears or NFL front office.

What WILL happen one day is a player will be cut for false charges and a very high priced laywer will sue the NFL and teams for all he can.

He was on contract w/no signing bonus. No need to do anything else by Bears or NFL front office.

What WILL happen one day is a player will be cut for false charges and a very high priced laywer will sue the NFL and teams for all he can.

Doubtful.