Over Under EJ Starts 3.5

Buffalo Rumblings posed a great question, EJ starts this season over/under at 3.5.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/5/21/8630421/over-under-ej-manuel-starts-3-5-games-buffalo-bills-2015

I'm still in the boat that he wins the job, so I'm clearly over.

What I didn't think of is that we have Glass Cassel as one of his competitors that most of the talking heads say will win the job. Even if he does win we can't just give up on EJ as he'll have to come off the bench and play well.

Tyrod Taylor is in the quick though if EJ struggles in back up duty, so 3.5 is tough over/under bet.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good question. I'll take the over. Cassel hasn't played a full season since 2010. He played 3 games last year, 9 games in each of the three preceding seasons but didn't start all 9. Cassel failed to defend his job from Ponder and a handful of other mediocre QBs. EJ has a legit shot to start 4.

Another new nickname poking fun at the durability of a guy who has played three full seasons as a starter in the NFL when meanwhile the guy to whom everyone blindly gives the benefit of the doubt, sustained three injuries that caused him to miss time in the same season. I will take the under. And now I will be accused of being a "hater" though people seem to have no problem degrading the guy who is most likely going to be the bills starting qb come September.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm going under. I get the sense that they love Tyrod Taylor. TT & EJ are competing to compete with MC. IMO, it is a 3 horse race with MC getting a 1st round bye b/c they think that he is the safest. If 1 of those other 2 perform at his level the job is theirs.

My suspicion is that EJ starts every game in which he is healthy or he does not make a start this year. If EJ or TT gets yanked they go to Cassel. If MC gets yanked they go to whichever one of the young guys won.

interesting. I'm going with the under. Cassel wins the starting job, stays healthy with the weapons around him. EJ comes off bench and plays well when we are blowing teams out. (they need him to pass the ball in those situations also. No point in handing it off. I don't care if it looks like we are running up the score. He needs game reps to improve).