Over Under EJ Starts 3.5

Super Bowl participants do not play in the Pro Bowl.

I wish the Pro Bowl would disappear forever. Celebrity softball games are more fun to watch than that crap.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a page out of the NBA's book. Make it flag football and mix in fans & celebrities

and add a skills contest - run the 40 (fastest player), FG kicking (longest kick) punting competition, qb passing contest (longest pass)... They do this at halftime of OSU spring game, it's great and fans love it

Under. I assume Cassel will start and hold on to the job until injured or until the Bills are out of the playoff hunt. If it's the latter I'd be surprised if we get there with more than 2 or 3 games left in the season. If it's the former I give him a 50/50 shot at getting the call over Brakepad, so I think it's more likely than not that he starts less than 4 games.

Edited by Rob's House

and add a skills contest - run the 40 (fastest player), FG kicking (longest kick) punting competition, qb passing contest (longest pass)... They do this at halftime of OSU spring game, it's great and fans love it

Yes. Skills contest is best part of every professional all star game in my opinion. You can't play football at half speed and the risk is too great for these guys to play balls out. Play flag football on the beach or something in place of the game. I'd rather watch them play softball, basketball or even water polo instead than the farce which is the Pro Bowl.

That is a great idea and you could resurrect the title of "NFL's fastest man." You do not need to just use Pro Bowl players. If you treat it like the dunk contest and make that the signature event with some prestige it would be great. You would need to run some time (maybe 4.35) to be eligible. You could seed them and do 2 person match races until there is 1 man left standing. It will be hard to get official times to qualify but if they can figure out a way that would be great.

Buffalo Rumblings posed a great question, EJ starts this season over/under at 3.5.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/5/21/8630421/over-under-ej-manuel-starts-3-5-games-buffalo-bills-2015

I'm still in the boat that he wins the job, so I'm clearly over.

What I didn't think of is that we have Glass Cassel as one of his competitors that most of the talking heads say will win the job. Even if he does win we can't just give up on EJ as he'll have to come off the bench and play well.

Tyrod Taylor is in the quick though if EJ struggles in back up duty, so 3.5 is tough over/under bet.

Over. Cassel hasn't been a decent QB since 2010 and even if he does win the starting QB job he can't seem to stay healthy.

Another new nickname poking fun at the durability of a guy who has played three full seasons as a starter in the NFL when meanwhile the guy to whom everyone blindly gives the benefit of the doubt, sustained three injuries that caused him to miss time in the same season. I will take the under. And now I will be accused of being a "hater" though people seem to have no problem degrading the guy who is most likely going to be the bills starting qb come September.

"everyone" gives B.o.d.? No way, many fans are just rooting for him to succeed. But not everyone, not even close. Many have already decided he's worthless and some are actually rooting for him to fail.

There are very small margins that separate all these guys and hoping that a 25 year old prototypical size qb with a strong arm and demonstrated strong leadership qualities becomes a solid foundation player is absolutely reasonable.

Cassell's numbers on average are Roughly the same as EJs after 90 games. Consider this, in his first year as the undisputed starter he was abysmal. A 69.9 passer rating. Under 6 YPA.... There is plenty of reason to doubt all of these guys. But I suppose he gets b.o.d. Because it was only his 5th season, or because he did well in New England? Or is it mid 40ish winning percentage?

And to the Tyrod Taylor fan club, what this guy done to demonstrate his ability. He's got less NFL action and about the same level of success as Jeff Tuel.

So yeah if any of these guys get benefit of the doubt, I can't see why EJ isn't first in line.

That is a great idea and you could resurrect the title of "NFL's fastest man." You do not need to just use Pro Bowl players. If you treat it like the dunk contest and make that the signature event with some prestige it would be great. You would need to run some time (maybe 4.35) to be eligible. You could seed them and do 2 person match races until there is 1 man left standing. It will be hard to get official times to qualify but if they can figure out a way that would be great.

and bring back some of the retired greats. For example, have Deion sanders run the 40 and Brett favre or someone throw a deep ball. The old guys always say they can "still play" but they just could never make it through the year-round work that is involved and 16 game season.

Over because Rex showed in New York that he sticks with one QB and very resistant to change. I think EJ should win the job in training camp if Roman is as good a coach as we think he is in developing a game plan based on his QBs skills as he did with Alex Smith and Kap in SF.

The thing is I think it is two different questions. Firstly, do you THINK EJ will start more or less than 3.5 games? And, does the staff think EJ will start over or under 3.5. It is fun to guess for us. BUT, I don't think the FO or Rex know yet. Which I think is a good thing.

My guess is under.