HeadsetGate ? pats strike again ?

Dansby suspects foul play from 2008 game in New England

“My headset was working fine, every game,” Dansby said. “Until the very last game of the year. We get in Foxboro, they couldn’t get my headset fixed, for nothing in the world.”

In that same game, Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart also had trouble with his own headset.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/dansby-suspects-foul-play-from-2008-game-in-new-england/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone caught the Walsh-parcells story in mike and Mike today?

Rule used to be in one set went out, both teams had to give them up. Walsh was the only coach scripting plays at the time, so he pretended it broke to get an advantage

Next time they faced off parcels said he'd turn them in if there was any funny business.

Not apples to apples but an amusing anecdote between two greats

Edited by NoSaint

The last time the Bills played at Indy in reg season, the equip manager forgot the headsets in Bflo. Apparently the colts weren't required to provide the bills coaches with headsets, but they did anyway. I don't know if the colts coaches would have had to go without them too, or not. Not really related but made me think of that.

“My headset was working fine, every game,” Dansby said. “Until the very last game of the year. We get in Foxboro, they couldn’t get my headset fixed, for nothing in the world.”

In that same game, Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart also had trouble with his own headset.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/dansby-suspects-foul-play-from-2008-game-in-new-england/

I have made note of this many times before RE opponent head set communications

no surprise here

I have made note of this many times before RE opponent head set communications

no surprise here

I actually still really believe that much of Brady's success is headset related. Most people have heard how Flutie said he picked up the wrong helmet once and transmission was still going well after the 15 second cut off rule. And I also think the main reason Goodell is so pissed and came down hard on them is because he covered up Spygate, making it appear far less than it was, and probably warned Kraft to get his organization under control. Kraft made him look like an a**hole.

The issue is that the Patsies* have created a perception that they will do anything to win. Perhaps inside the rules perhaps not. The idea of respect and sportsmanship has gone out the door. Sad to see because who knows what else they have done.

The issue is that the Patsies* have created a perception that they will do anything to win. Perhaps inside the rules perhaps not. The idea of respect and sportsmanship has gone out the door. Sad to see because who knows what else they have done.

You said it all. It's quite an example for the kids.

The Tuna used to have the gates blocking the tunnel at Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands open when the opposition's O was driving toward that end zone. Miraculously the gates somehow shut when the Jints were going in that direction. :ph34r:

The issue is Vegas, and avoiding major lawsuits over fixing.

I actually still really believe that much of Brady's success is headset related. Most people have heard how Flutie said he picked up the wrong helmet once and transmission was still going well after the 15 second cut off rule. And I also think the main reason Goodell is so pissed and came down hard on them is because he covered up Spygate, making it appear far less than it was, and probably warned Kraft to get his organization under control. Kraft made him look like an a**hole.

You always hear the little things about the Pats* in 2011 I remember when the Ravens were in the AFC title game and there were issues with the scoreboard. The Pats* have always done these little gamesmenship things that have resulted in them losing the benifit of the doubt when it comes to infractions.

I was surprised that went away so quickly. It's not like Flutie had any reason to lie.

The issue is Vegas, and avoiding major lawsuits over fixing.

I was just saying this to my wife. I also wonder whether cheating in a sport that so many wager on might also be seen to be criminal fraud.

I was surprised that went away so quickly. It's not like Flutie had any reason to lie.

Flutie clammed up pretty quickly on that it sound like, saying it only once on a radio call in show. It was almost like someone talked to him shortly thereafter.

when stuff goes screwy they cant stop the broadcast. so it really is genius. evil but genuine genius to mess with scoreboards, communications, then even manipulating winds and sun in the eyes ,turf , cheerleaders underwear, sour gatorades. wrong jockstraps. whatever it takes..

winning is everything. thats what I care about.

Flutie clammed up pretty quickly on that it sound like, saying it only once on a radio call in show. It was almost like someone talked to him shortly thereafter.

Flutie doesn't want to get his knee caps whacked. He still has to pitch for his baseball team and play drums in his band.

Completely subscribe to this theory. The whole point to do the activities of Spygate as far as I'm concerned was ultimately enable the team to send Brady illegally obtained info in his headset illegally at the LOS. Part of his 'greatness' has always been uncannily recognizing the defense and throwing to the one open receiver the defense exposes. I'll never forget watching a game a RWS where there were two plays the Bills dialed an aggressive blitz and both times Brady just immediately wheeled back and just chucked the ball down the field to a spot for a completion without even looking as the defense came down on him. I was thinking to myself at the time how the hell did he know to just throw the ball there without seemingly even having a second once the ball was snapped to even know where the defense was.

6th round draft choice completely underwhelming coming out of college. Imagine if for your formative years as QB you knew what the defense was going to do before the ball was snapped. Imagine the advantage over time of mastering the position with this assistance.

There's no way in hell IMO he wasn't aware of the activities of Spygate, he was ultimately the main beneficiary of a much wider scope process of cheating of which Spygate was only one piece. I firmly believe this.

I hate the "he is the greatest, he doesn't need to cheat" argument. As far as I'm concerned the cheating is WHY he's been successful.

Yes, on the whole, the Patriots have shown that they are looking for ways to cheat the system to gain a competitive advantage.

One has to assume they have cheated in many ways. Some have been caught, presumably others have not been caught.

Even in the wake of this current mess, they are probably working on the next scheme. It's how they do business.

Is anyone really obtuse enough to believe that the patriots cheated twice and were caught both times? Get real!! They have been cheating, every game, every year, since Belicheat took the helm. 2006 teams are allowed to police their own footballs - 2006 is magically when the Patriots stop fumbling at un-imaginable rates.

And Brady is not just part of it, Brady IS it. He is the centerpiece. If he wasn't a get-along go-along type of guy this schit couldn't fly.

They are STILL stealing signals from other teams. How in the world would they have KNOWN BY THE FORMATION that the Seahawks were going to apss in the Superbowl???? Belicheat and their players admitted that they knew it was coming. This raises no red flags to anyone but me????

The things the Pts*** do on offense are impossible. No other team does such simple high school level things so easily in such an advanced league. It is simple NOT. POSSIBLE. without cheating. PERIOD.

Brady and Belicheat are frauds. They should be shunned and banned. Pete Rose bet on some games, these two losers are 1000x worse. It will be a disgrace if either of them ever make the HOF.

Why did the tech have to go cordless... That's when all the trouble started and it put a young kid out of business holding the coach's headset cord.

Really, this is an example where technology really screwed things up.

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

The old headset system was broke... Why change it?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I completely agree. Roger covered up Spygate and then Kraft made him look like an ass by demanding an apology to him and Tom. This is the only logical reason it has gone this far.

Yea but Kraft said they never ever never cheat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!