Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

When u think about it.....it's insane

He has nothing to lose and

Everything to gain

By giving up the phone ..........unless he did something

If he is innocent u hand that over right away to show u didn't do anything

I think that's why most people think he's going to get crushed when the suspension comes out.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea what's in his phone. There are very good reasons why someone wouldn't hand over his phone regardless of whether it implicated him in the immediate investigation.

they didn't ask him to hand over the phone, they asked to go through it with him or his chosen representative there to verify they were only looking at information pertinent to the investigation.

When u think about it.....it's insane

He has nothing to lose and

Everything to gain

By giving up the phone ..........unless he did something

If he is innocent u hand that over right away to show u didn't do anything

As much as I agree with all of this, I am really trying not to. Everybody has a right not to incriminate themselves. So I am trying really hard to not think poorly of this.

I thought everybody had some sort of league issued phone so I'm not sure why they didn't take it.

As much as I agree with all of this, I am really trying not to. Everybody has a right not to incriminate themselves. So I am trying really hard to not think poorly of this.

I thought everybody had some sort of league issued phone so I'm not sure why they didn't take it.

I believe the staff are issued team phones. The players have personal phone.

It matters when you are 3-21 against them and they have 11/12 division championships. Your team is about to turn it over and finally compete, and the NFL handicaps the pats. I don't know, it feels wrong, and I have no doubt that will be the talk of the NFL rather than what it should be - The Bills finally bring down the Patriots and take the AFC East back.

So if you go 9-7 and 0-2 against Brady is that better than 10-6 and 1-1 against Brady? Do we get a trophy for beating them with Brady vs. without? You don't apologize for victories. As I said earlier teams play against injured and suspended opponents all of the time. At the end of the day all that matters is if you won or lost. If the Bills played all 16 games against back up QBs I would be thrilled.

I agree. It would be sweet to humble brady but a division win is a division Win. How many Sub par bills quarterbacks have they beaten?

Exactly!! It doesn't matter who you beat; it matters that you did beat them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that Tommy really angered the league with this. He put them in a weird place. Even if they don't want Brady suspended the whole country is demanding it. They need to do it.

By the "whole country", do you mean talking heads on tv and radio sports shows and avid football fans who post on message boards? Or do you mean everyone, like the guys rioting in Baltimore?

So if you go 9-7 and 0-2 against Brady is that better than 10-6 and 1-1 against Brady? Do we get a trophy for beating them with Brady vs. without? You don't apologize for victories. As I said earlier teams play against injured and suspended opponents all of the time. At the end of the day all that matters is if you won or lost. If the Bills played all 16 games against back up QBs I would be thrilled.

Exactly!! It doesn't matter who you beat; it matters that you did beat them.

Is there an asterisk on Carolina's Stanley Cup since they beat a Sabres team with an AHL defense thanks to injury?

Supposedly Brady is being suspended according to the NY Daily News! Looks like they are tying to decide on the length.

Personally, I think its a little wishy washy to suspend when the findings were "more than likely" or "probably knew", but love the Pats drama none the less. I still feel like the offense was minor in the first place, and a fine is more appropriate...but I would assume the suspension is not going to be about the actual air pressure in the footballs, but more about Tom not being truthful about what or who he knows.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/myers-roger-goodell-suspend-tom-brady-deflategate-article-1.2215881

Its not wishy washy at all, "More probable than not" is the standard term the NFL uses with regard to the standard of proof required in their findings to determine guilt. It is the same as "the preponderance of the evidence" required for finding guilt in a civil trial. Same thing, different terminology. All this is noted in the end of the report.

By the "whole country", do you mean talking heads on tv and radio sports shows and avid football fans who post on message boards? Or do you mean everyone, like the guys rioting in Baltimore?

I mean virtually every other fanbase. I live in an NFC market and these people CARE about the punishment.

Is there an asterisk on Carolina's Stanley Cup since they beat a Sabres team with an AHL defense thanks to injury?

Thats the point. Some people here care more about proving themselves than adding a victory. I don't care if the Bills beat a team of 8th graders. A win is a win. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The preponderance of circumstantial evidence is more than sufficient. Aaron Hernandez is in jail for life on circumstantial evidence. The texts alone are just damning. He participated in a conspiracy and quid pro quo to cheat. Brady pressured two subservient employees to help him cheat. He lied and hindered the investigation and He deserves 6 games on the bench as a repeat offender.He is forever tarnished as a liar and a cheat,

The fact he refused to comply with an investigation by his employer into wrongdoing is enough to be suspended, regardless of if he was found guilty or not. This is not a criminal trial, each employer can dictate what must be complied with to avoid penalties when an investigation is going on. He knows damn well they would have found much more damning evidence on his phone and that is why he didn't provide it to investigators. In fact I think he should get suspended for 4-6 games for refusing to comply with an NFL investigation and an additional 2 games for his role in all of this. 6-8 games total.

Its a dangerous precedence the NFL would set if they allow employees to simply refuse to comply with investigations and give slaps on the wrist for it...they need to send a stern message to players, coaches, GM's and owners that this will not be tolerated and there will be severe penalties for not doing what they request. Noone is above the law, not even the biggest star in the NFL.

"In the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules, the league notes that 'Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline.'"

Edited by matter2003

With Giselle retiring he may retire if 6-8 games like some reports say. Wouldn't that take the NFL by storm

I also say shame on the NFL for allowing this to be a possibility. Balls should be under Refs care when they are tested until they are used

I mean virtually every other fanbase. I live in an NFC market and these people CARE about the punishment.

Thats the point. Some people here care more about proving themselves than adding a victory. I don't care if the Bills beat a team of 8th graders. A win is a win.

I think some people just want an excuse to devalue any achievement by a Buffalo team.

You and me both. The ROC is full of apologists for that cheating franchise.

One person I work with wore a Pats** hat everyday. The day that report came out was the first time he didn't wear it. Lucky for him, I actually respect him as a Pats** fan since he has been one since the early 80's.

You and me both. The ROC is full of apologists for that cheating franchise.

I have cousins out here that I have childhood photos of wearing Bills stuff. Many of them are Pats* fans now. It has ruined family reunions.

My neighbors are Pats* fans, but they moved here from southern NH a decade ago, and they're actually kinda cool, so whatever.

Edited by sodbuster

I have cousins out here that I have childhood photos of wearing Bills stuff. Many of them are Pats* fans now. It has ruined family reunions.

My neighbors are Pats* fans, but they moved here from southern NH a decade ago, and they're actually kinda cool, so whatever.

It's easy to tell the long time can from the bandwagon crew. Once the Bills start winning the people you mentioned will likely turn around to become Bills fans once again but it's hard to respect those kind of folks. It looks like your family reunions are going to be bumpy for the long term!