Alex Carrington in Buffalo for FA visit // Update: signed

Former Bills DT Alex Carrington is back in Buffalo for a free agent visit: http://bufbills.co/bTCgoY

The #Bills will sign versatile DL Alex Carrington to a one-year deal, source said. He’s visiting today, played there from 2010-2013.

Edited by johnwalter

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh yeah! I loved AC when we drafted him and always thought he had the potential to be a dominant "5 technique".

This would be awesome if it happens. I think people are over estimating our d-line depth. He would be great as inside-rusher or a 5 in a 3-4 look.

Do it Doug!

He was good at 5 technique under Pettine before he got hurt. Would be a nice addition to the roster.

not always consistent, he can at times play big. and hes versatile enough to add depth across the line. for the right price wouldnt be a bad signing

yep, he wouldn't need to start but for scheme fit and depth it would be nice. Edited by YoloinOhio

This would be a real nice depth signing, seeing that they didn't get any help at the position in the draft.

We're likely to see them kicking the tires on several veteran FAs now, with Spikes and Landry perhaps up next.

Edited by Lurker

I'm all for it. Parker got greedy and we were moving to a system where he wouldn't be as useful. Now, he'd likely be a starter rotating in with Hughes. Hopefully the fact that the market has cooled significantly for him gives us a strong bargaining position.

Interesting thing to consider is that he was someone that Pettine was very high on for the scheme two years ago and then he got injured very early. Bringing him back as a depth player would be an excellent move in my mind. I'd feel slightly sorry for whoever missed out on the D-Line (probably Corbin Bryant at a guess) but he would have no problem finding work elsewhere in the NFL.