Alex Carrington in Buffalo for FA visit // Update: signed

Carrington was a pretty bad 3rd round pick. He and Sheppard just never blossomed the way a lot of folks hoped.

Sheppard was parlayed into Jerry Hughes. And Carrington blocked 6 kicks rookie year, and played something like 70 percent of the time. May our 3rd and 4th picks be as productive as Carrington and Sheppard

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He clearly wasn't a pure UFA as he was not totally unrestricted. His previous team could restrict his free agency options. Clearly you saw clay wasn't in the unrestricted feeding frenzy he might've been without the tag, and even so the Dolphins could hold his rights if they chose.

I am not speculating -- its the rule for the formula....Look at Rodak's story and click the link. Clay counts.

Yes because every player regardless of where they are picked should be a all pro player.....or DOOMED

Sometimes you just need players to do their jobs

Exactly...And Carrington was going to be a project regardless...He was a 3rd round pick out of Arkansas St...How NFL ready could he really be?

Carrington worked hard, got better, earned a starting job only to get hurt and miss the bulk of his contract year...

I felt Carrington had really improved in 2012...It may not have shown up a ton on the stat sheet...but it seemed obvious to me he was playing with more confidence...

If he's healthy, he'll help...He'll only be 28 this season and he does not have a ton of wear and tear on him...

I'm loving the depth on this Defense... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I am not speculating -- its the rule for the formula....Look at Rodak's story and click the link. Clay counts.

i already went back on it seeing the hutchinson example. it goes contrary to the foundation of the program when it started as I understand it, but you were definitely correct.

i already went back on it seeing the hutchinson example. it goes contrary to the foundation of the program when it started as I understand it, but you were definitely correct.

I totally agree with you NoSaint -- if a player receives a tag and he signs elsewhere it should not count against the signing teams comp pick calculation...you are right on morals, ethics and logic -- unfortunately wrong in the world of Goodell.... :thumbsup:

Perhaps Bills will get comp pick when Spikes signs somewhere.

Anyone have an old Alex jersey taking out of mothballs? Saw a few at stadium on games I went to before he left.

Saw one with his number and nameplate replaced by agent's name and line thru it.

@mikerodak: Bills DL depth chart:

Pro Bowlers: Dareus, Kyle Williams

Competing to be starter: Charles, Wynn, Carrington, Bryant

Developmental: Towns

Glad they resigned Wynn. Liked what I saw last season when he did get in there.

i wonder what his upside is? he looks like great depth in the least.

IMO

This is a very good signing but we still didn't take a crappy QB in the 6th round so it doesn't help us.

I would have drafted Blake Sims. but what do I know.

btw, great to have Alex back. great signing.

Edited by Fixxxer

Nice pick for depth. Now we have Wynn, Charles, and Carrington for depth and ST help. I never wanted to see him leave, but with a 3-4 defense, these guys fit perfect and DE. Marcel at the nose and some relief for KW, while the other two rotate.

We have a rotation of Manny Lawson, and Hughes at one OLB, and Super Mario on the other side with Nigel and Preston Brown in the middle.

I'm liking the way this defense is shaping up. Carrington also knows Pettine's defense very well, and is not far off of Rex. Now can Lael Collins get completely cleared of charges and bring him in to shore up the O Line. If he's even a hint of guilty we move on, but this could be nothing.

You have awfully high standards for a 3rd round pick.

Sheppard looks pretty good since he changed his jersey name to Hughes and started playing DE.

Great take, +1.....and funny to boot !

he recovered from the ACL but then had a quad injury. He only played part of last season.

Before his injury he was being touted as someone who was about to breakout and become a big contributor. Since the injury he hasn't done squat. This makes me wonder how much these injuries have taken out of his game.

I totally agree with you NoSaint -- if a player receives a tag and he signs elsewhere it should not count against the signing teams comp pick calculation...you are right on morals, ethics and logic -- unfortunately wrong in the world of Goodell.... :thumbsup:

Do you think Goodell personally came up with that policy? lul.