Pats signed Chandler because Belichick is a genius.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sigh) You two were compelled to respond, yet that is the best you can do?

Regardless, Belichick will know how to get the best out of him.

Of course he will. I suspect Chandler's blocking will improve significantly, for example, now that he's allowed to hold. And his receiving game should improve significantly, catching non-regulation footballs after pushing off coverage. As long has he can adjust to all the new illegal substitutions and illegal formations he's not used to, he should be headed to the Pro-Bowl next year.

Thankfully he never got it.

He will? History says otherwise.

Belichick knows how to get the best out of everyone. If he doesn't get the best out of a player, it's the player's fault for not recognizing that Belichick can get the best out of everyone.

You can only hold Coaching Jesus responsible for the miracles that work. The miracles that don't work...someone else's fault.

Any article that talks about being smarter by acquiring Chandler makes me feel like I am stupider.

If it's any consolation, you don't just feel stupider. You are stupider. Reading that article cost us all some brain cells.

This will be a nice thread to revisit later, during the season. I'll mark it on my calendar. A Doctor's appointment...

It will be like a prostate exam for you. Which you may or may not like, I don't know.

Gronk is due for another knee or shoulder injury this year. Chandler gets open and snares everything within that big wingspan. Everyone knows he loathes the Pats deep down, but just like Thurman going to Miami, if someone wants to pay them a few million in the end of their careers they have to take the payday.

I remember when the Pats* were smart for signing Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth...

I have many Pats memories....Super Bowls, embarrassing trouncings of my team for over a decade. Standing in an LA sports bar while the hundred or so people there laughed at me and my Bills, as the Pats ran up the score.

What a joke those Pats are, huh?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I have many Pats memories....Super Bowls, embarrassing trouncings of my team for over a decade. Standing in an LA sports bar while the hundred or so people there laughed at me and my Bills, as the Pats ran up the score.

That's great that you have those memories but not every move the Pats* have done over the last 15 years has been smart. It's fair to criticize them as they have made some questionable decisions. They don't walk on water. But if that's the way you would like to perceive them because the Bills have been bad, ok then.

I mean let's not forget that they were a team prior to 2000 and I have some memories of the Bills absolutely trouncing the Pats* including an 8 year run where the Bills went 11-3 against them and the Bills went to 4 Super Bowls. Meanwhile the Pats* went, 5-11, 1-15, 6-10, 2-14, 5-11 and so on. And you know what, the Bills made mistakes in those years too.

"My Bills." LOL! Nice try.

Edited by Doc

Guys get off of him

He was awesome But he was solid

Didn't fit the new scheme so let's move on

Idc what people write about the pats just go beat them

Forget it.

Whenever a player leaves the Bills there's a large group of posters on TBS who make a special point of declaring that he stunk. No matter who the player is. It could be Jason Peters, Stevie Johnson or Scott Chandler.

Forget it.

Whenever a player leaves the Bills there's a large group of posters on TBS who make a special point of declaring that he stunk. No matter who the player is. It could be Jason Peters, Stevie Johnson or Scott Chandler.

And there's a similarly large group of posters who proclaim how misused and underutilized said player was in Buffalo and that he'll now be an All-Pro.

It goes both ways.

Dumbest homer article ever by a pro Patriots newspaper. Belichick could never have foretold the future.... that Marrone would quit, Rex hired, New OC that need more from a TE... then Chandler would be cut and not sign with one of 30 other teams.... IDIOTS.

Chandler was a not even seriously followed as an FA last year... and frankly might be cut by N.E.

Edited by Iraq Vet

This board will go bananas if Scott has a good season ( assuming he makes the team ). People will ignore the fact that # 12 is throwing the ball and will blame OBD for it. I for one liked Chandler but I don't the Bills should be blamed if he does well.

Its absolutely ridiculous that every Bills pass catcher has to be compared to Obell Deckham Jr. I blame JTSP.

I remember when the Pats* were smart for signing Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth...

I remember when Belichek revived the careers of other aging TEs like Jake Ballard, Kellen Winslow Jr, and Daniel Fells.