Pats signed Chandler because Belichick is a genius.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chandler could block a lick he'd be a top ten TE but he can't or won't so he's kinda a tall slow WR but maybe still valuable as a niche player (red zone - third-down conversions) especially for a pass first team like the Pats.

Of course, then he'd never been cut from San Diego and Dallas.

This board will go bananas if Scott has a good season ( assuming he makes the team ). People will ignore the fact that # 12 is throwing the ball and will blame OBD for it. I for one liked Chandler but I don't the Bills should be blamed if he does well.

This board will go bananas if Scott has a good season ( assuming he makes the team ). People will ignore the fact that # 12 is throwing the ball and will blame OBD for it. I for one liked Chandler but I don't the Bills should be blamed if he does well.

It's a near certainty that his stats will improve

Enough with the hate already. Chandler was no All-Pro, but he made a ton of clutch 3rd down grabs over the years, for a team that otherwise made an art form out of going 3 and out. He also missed just three games in the last 4 years.

Edited by skibum

Chandler was a good TE with some limitations, but people here love to complain. Belichick has game-planned to face the Bills with Chandler twice a year, for a number of seasons now...I think he knows way more about Chandler's abilities than anyone on this board.

Chandler was a good TE with some limitations, but people here love to complain. Belichick has game-planned to face the Bills with Chandler twice a year, for a number of seasons now...I think he knows way more about Chandler's anabolic steroids' abilities than anyone on this board.

No doubt Chandler will have a great season, with some of that good ol' Patriots magic.

Did SC have Rex's playbook yet?

If so... I am worried. If not, no big deal.

Chandler was a good TE with some limitations, but people here love to complain. Belichick has found a sneaky way to cheat when facing the Bills with Chandler twice a year, for a number of seasons now...I think he knows way more about cheating than anyone on this board.

I also fixed it for you.

I also fixed it for you.

(sigh) You two were compelled to respond, yet that is the best you can do?

Regardless, Belichick will know how to get the best out of him.

I also fixed it for you.

Thankfully he never got it.

He will? History says otherwise.

Thankfully, I am resasured by Doc's response. He will probably be cut once Belicheat figures there is no playbook. Edited by ExiledInIllinois