Pats signed Chandler because Belichick is a genius.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a good signing for them. no shame in saying that.

the comp pick stuff was a little much - as if that was the plan all along.

Don't you know that Belichick is clairvoyant and he knew he could wait a year to get Chandler?

Chandler couldn't block a 90 year old grandma, I have no idea what his Career YAC stat is but if its north of 4 yards i would be surprised. besides being a nice guy and sure that is is great and all. But,mHe was a big target that could not get it done in the red zone consistently. I call BS on the comp story. They Could have had him cheap last year and I will give Chandler this. he is better than a say 6th round comp pick. The pats* suck!

Roman and Rex made the right move.

IMO

Chandler couldn't block a 90 year old grandma, I have no idea what his Career YAC stat is but if its north of 4 yards i would be surprised. besides being a nice guy and sure that is is great and all. But,mHe was a big target that could not get it done in the red zone consistently. I call BS on the comp story. They Could have had him cheap last year and I will give Chandler this. he is better than a say 6th round comp pick. The pats* suck!

Roman and Rex made the right move.

IMO

His 2014 YAC was 4.2. For perspective, Robt Woods was 3.1, Watkins was 5.4. Greg Olson was 4.4, Jimmy Graham 3.5, Antonio Gates 4.0, Jason Witten 3.8, Julius Thomas 4.2, Owen Daniels 3.9, Charles Clay 4.7.......

And NE would not have gotten Chandler cheaper last year. That's the point of the article....

Edited by Mr. WEO

His 2014 YAC was 4.2. For perspective, Robt Woods was 3.1, Watkins was 5.4. Greg Olson was 4.4, Jimmy Graham 3.5, Antonio Gates 4.0, Jason Witten 3.8, Julius Thomas 4.2, Owen Daniels 3.9, Charles Clay 4.7.......

And NE would not have gotten Chandler cheaper last year. That's the point of the article....

The Bills signed Chandler for 2-years and $4.75M last year. The Pats signed him for 2-years and $5.5M this year. So if that was the point of the article, the article was pointless, as we already knew. Not to mention that if they signed him last year, they would have just lost their 7th round comp pick. BFD.

Edited by Doc

I remember commentators making a big deal of Chandler getting flagged for blocking after the whistle on a defensive back and getting flagged like he was this tough trooper as a blocking TE.....

.......a....defensive.....back.......

Chandler gets rag dolled by linebackers on a routine basis.....if he is asked to chip against a DE it looks like a disaster waiting to happen

The guy can catch...but he has absolutely NO athlete to him at all.......a stiff wind blows him over after the catch and he has no ability to turn his hips and get north south

I am so excited to actually watch a young up and coming TE who actually block and has the ability to make a play AFTER he catches the ball in Clay

He is going to have a very good year with the Pats.

I'd be surprised if he even duplicates his worst year in Buffalo. He won't be a top target for Brady.

That article was vacuous. And insipid. Downright embarrassing. It reads like a third grader's essay. I've seen more informative tweets.

It was written for NESN. What did you expect?

If Chandler could block a lick he'd be a top ten TE but he can't or won't so he's kinda a tall slow WR but maybe still valuable as a niche player (red zone - third-down conversions) especially for a pass first team like the Pats.

Umm, no. Blocking has nothing to do with the complete lack of lateral movement or ability to break tackles. He does some things well and is a great guy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.