Where will you be on draft night?

mead107

Thursday: smoke a pre draft cigar with some scotch or whiskey....there's options....order up a nice large pizza (currently leaning towards pepperoni, onion and green olives but might change to sausage over pepperoni by draft day), crack some cold craft beers and enjoy the entire evening - might even take a half day Friday so I can sleep in a bit

Friday: have a lacrosse game until 7, race home and continue my activities from Thursday night with leftover pizza and more craft beer - although I wouldn't mind grilling a little bit on Friday night....hmmmm decisions decisions

Saturday: watch until 3:30 then going out for a round of golf and dinner with my wife, will keep up with rounds 6 and 7 via phone but hopefully we trade all those picks to get an extra fifth or 4th somehow

I LOVE the draft....not just for the bills, but for the team, NFL and players....I'm a football junkie and this is like nirvana weekend

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this new draft format! Since 1987 me and college buddies would get together for draft weekend. We would each bring 3 or 4 different draft publications, go shopping Friday for the weekend, go out Friday night, and then not leave the house all weekend. It was like a draft warroom. Now the draft has jumped the shark. Ever since they stretched it out over 3 days, my friends and I have not gotten together for draft weekend. Screw you NFL

That's awesome Pete and I hate this format too. Another thing Goodell has ruined in trying to get every dollar. I used to do a similar thing. My group of Bills fan friends would all get together in Boston or NYC and make a weekend of it. But we would just use the draft for a pregame, then head out, convincing ourselves the Bills drafted a bunch of Hall of Famers. I remember hearing about the Bledsoe trade at a college day party and losing my mind with happiness. TD was a terrible GM but he was good at making splashes.

Was hoping there'd be a good place in Buffalo for Thursday night. Haven't found much due to the lack of interest in town (no pick). Possibly Santora's on Transit as they seem to be the only place I can find that is having any sort of draft party. Probably watching from couch though. Better for my current diet anyway.

we still get together once or twice a year. Everyone is busy with work and family. But every wife understood when it was draft weekend when we got together. Its not the same

I will 3rd this. It used to be such a favorite. MY friends & I would go golfing in the morning, get back at the house, get a keg, grill out, play cards. It was an awesome day. I usually watch very little of the draft now which is to say I will flip it on when the bills pick is up. With that being said most of my friends & I have our sons in travel hockey/baseball which leaves very little time for stuff like this in the early spring so not sure if the tradition would still of continued even if the 1st couple rounds were on Saturday.

I'll be in Las Vegas for my daughters wedding this weekend. Not sure how much I'll get to see mainly due to the time difference. Will be weird to turn on at 4:00 in the afternoon.

On the other hand may put a bet down on the Bill's to win the Superbowl

Vegas should be hopping this weekend between the draft, the Derby and particually the fight.

Being a football fan, I don't see how the lack of a first rounder makes you uninterested. The results Thursday have an immeasurable impact on years to come. Not to mention, Thursday results directly effect the Bills selection at 50. Maybe I'm not as excited but I am equally as interested

I'm uninterested because there's nothing I can do about who other teams select in Rd 1. Highly unlikely the Bills or any team would alter their board to counter a player selected on another team. Again, I'll have my phone w/ me, but I'm not interested in the 15 minutes of blabbering between picks when we don't have one.