What Would It Take To Get Mettenberger?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take that bet. Is ZM the new Kirk Cousins? A late rounder who never has done anything good of note in the NFL who everyone will pretend is a lot better that he is? ;)

I think Mettenberger is better than Cousins is.

Mettenberger had all the tools but he was very immature maybe still is a bit. He was kicked off the UGA team and transferred to LSU. Finally started to put it all together his junior season. Injured his knee.

My point is there is a story to tell plus the Titans can parade him out in preseason. If Mariotta gets hurts Mettenbereger can come in and probably look pretty good for a few games. IF the Titans manage it well they can spin it into a decent trade for themselves.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Hahaha there's a reason this guy is carpooling back to Manhattan and not running a football team.

Alex Smith > Derek Carr > Andy Dalton > Colin Kaepernick > Sam Bradford > Teddy Bridgewater

Hahahaha

You gets the ugly when you use "cuz this fan sees it that way" as a total rating criterion and working for SI doesn't save it

Hahaha there's a reason this guy is carpooling back to Manhattan and not running a football team.

Alex Smith > Derek Carr > Andy Dalton > Colin Kaepernick > Sam Bradford > Teddy Bridgewater

Hahahaha

You gets the ugly when you use "cuz this fan sees it that way" as a total rating criterion and working for SI doesn't save it

I really can't argue with the #32 ranking.

Hahahaha

He could probably run the Browns or the Jags, but it would be a longer commute....

What did it sound like? I've always wondered about chortles.

Strange word chortle.

strange word indeed.

chortle is in between a snicker and an outright laugh. includes a smile though.

its a good thing i can assure you BB !

Also like someone pointed out earlier i fully expect the Titans to parlay Mettenberger into something like a third or second rounder like Atlanta when they traded Schaub to Houston. The crazy thing with TN is they went from having no good QB's to picking possibly one of the best QB in 2014 with Mett and 2015 with Mariota. Now they have possibly two good QB's reminds me of San Diego 2004 with Rivers and Brees. Mettenberger if you look at these highlights below in his rookie season really doesn't look like a rookie and crazy thing is he has lost a lot of weight to help his mobility and get better. Take a second and watch some highlights from Mettenberger rookie season and he did all this with a crappy offensive line,no running game and league worst defense. Before he started and got hurt in his sixth and last game against the Giants he was leading all rookie QB in passer rating.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m4f59_zach-mettenberger-rookie-highlights_sport

Also look at some of the passes he makes in these highlights some over the shoulder or toward the sideline type passes he makes are very impressive. He can also throw some good deep passes as well. Good throwing frozen rope and other passes too.

Also like someone pointed out earlier i fully expect the Titans to parlay Mettenberger into something like a third or second rounder like Atlanta when they traded Schaub to Houston. The crazy thing with TN is they went from having no good QB's to picking possibly one of the best QB in 2014 with Mett and 2015 with Mariota. Now they have possibly two good QB's reminds me of San Diego 2004 with Rivers and Brees. Mettenberger if you look at these highlights below in his rookie season really doesn't look like a rookie and crazy thing is he has lost a lot of weight to help his mobility and get better. Take a second and watch some highlights from Mettenberger rookie season and he did all this with a crappy offensive line,no running game and league worst defense. Before he started and got hurt in his sixth and last game against the Giants he was leading all rookie QB in passer rating.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m4f59_zach-mettenberger-rookie-highlights_sport

Also look at some of the passes he makes in these highlights some over the shoulder or toward the sideline type passes he makes are very impressive. He can also throw some good deep passes as well. Good throwing frozen rope and other passes too.

Except Rivers and Brees were basically 1st rounders (Brees was the first pick of the 2nd round). ZM was a 6th rounder who play in NFL offense in college with a better OC than the Bills had.

God, people fall in love with backup Qbs.

The only way I see him getting out of Tenessee is if he becomes a problem in the locker room and they don't want that negativity around Mariota. The flip side is would you want a guy like that on your team. I think the Titans would be looking for an 2-3 rounder in exchange for a talented but complete unknown who has flashed at times.

I think the front office will instead take a strong look at the class of 2016 and be willing to trade up to land a franchise QB. This team is loaded from top to bottom and they need to make a big move.

The only way I see him getting out of Tenessee is if he becomes a problem in the locker room and they don't want that negativity around Mariota. The flip side is would you want a guy like that on your team. I think the Titans would be looking for an 2-3 rounder in exchange for a talented but complete unknown who has flashed at times.

I think the front office will instead take a strong look at the class of 2016 and be willing to trade up to land a franchise QB. This team is loaded from top to bottom and they need to make a big move.

Yeah, we definitely need a guy who got kicked out of one school & pissed of JJ watt. The Titans would take a 6th rounder for him. The only trade market there is for him or Glennon is on this board.