What Would It Take To Get Mettenberger?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a night where every Bills QB played well the day after fans are talking about TRADING FOR ANOTHER QB

John, I respect your stuff all the time, but I think you're oversimplifying things here; not to put out the feel-good QB from last night, but all 3 showed why the Bills QB contest should be far from over:

• Cassell: dink & dunk, efficient but nothing down the field; do we really want another QB making a 4 yd throw on on a 3rd & 8? how many times have we all screamed at the TV on that scenario?
  • TT: super fast, Vick-like, but is he a one trick pony? what happens when he's forced to stay in the pocket?
  • EJ: is EJ. Need I say more? A great 51 yd TD and a horrific miss to an open TE up the sideline where he didn't square his hips....really?

Everyone knows what our blueprint might be (defense & run game), but do we play that hand at the expense of all the Off. talent we have? I'd hate to squander our assets by not having an above-serviceable QB in play; if someone like Mett does appear and a deal can be made, why not? It's still early....

Mettenberger? 0 and 6? Only 2 of those starts with a tQBR over 50. That guy? Three starts at sub 10? What makes him better than any of the guys we have in camp? I don't know what it would take to get him but the better question is "what would it take to want him?"

Why Would they trade Glennon? Since after their prized rook QB they have no one but Glennon. Who knows the system and is on his rookie deal. i agree about him, but he is going nowhere.

IMO

He's signed through next year but surely will leave for a chance to compete for a starting role. His value isn't going to get higher sitting on the bench. If they could get like a 4th for him and a backup QB I would think they would jump at it.

@LRiddickESPN: I would be pulling up Ruston Webster (#Titans GM) on my contacts this weekend and asking about #7 if I am the #Jets or #Bills

Well, yeah, but the bigger issue is that Mariota looked terrible. Zach might be starting the season for the Oiltans. I suspect he's not available at this time - unless a team gets stupid. I don't want to be that team.

C'mon and quit the damn nonsense with the 0-6 record you do realize he played with a really bad defense that was league worst right???? Hard to win when you put up 24 points a game on offense and the defense gives up 30. Even Peyton Manning started out 3-13 his rookie year. The 0-6 record if you'll do a little checking instead of just thinking automatically the guy ain't worth a crap then you might find out there was a reason for the record. Mett put up a 110QB rating threw for 250 yards including an 80 yard bomb for TD against Pittsburgh he even set an NFL MNF rookie record for a QB. However the defense gave up over 200 yards rushing and could not get off the field. Is that Mettenbergers fault???? Mettenberger passed for 345 yards including 8 passes over 20 yards but special teams gave up TD's,defense couldn't get off the field. Is that Mettenberger's fault???? In his first game Mettenberger set a team record passing for 300 yards and 2TD and a 95 pass rating. Again is it Mettenbergers fault the defense can't get off the field?????????????? But guys like

Edited by dan75