ESPN's Britt McHenry on video berating tow lot employee

YoloinOhio

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise your hand if you've never said anything to someone in society because you were pissed off. Yeah. Thought so.

My hand is raised is like a mofo. This woman is doing her job, no matter how detestable someone may feel about that job. This was not jabbing at a Bills game, or yapping in a bar...this wS being downright mean to someone just doing their job. I have never, ever, spoken to someone like that. Now, as someone mentioned, maybe it was edited and the woman was egging her on, but we not hear that in this tape..

BTW, i get the hate for tow companies, but i was often on the other side . Lived in Adams Morgan area of DC for close to 8 years, people would park in front of both entrances to our alley...damn right i called the cops to tow in an instant. Real pain in da ass when you need to leave but people feel their convenience more important than your ability to move.

Hate to say it, but more than once i would come home and both entrances blocked late at night. I had no issue letting the air out of one of their tires of those suburban fuggers who had no clue what a pain in da ass they were being.

Edited by plenzmd1

It's funny - another board I read is much less upset by this. I think the experience had with tow companies in the past may skew reaction. She's definitely wrong, don't get me wrong...., but I think in cities where the towcompanies are more expensive and very rude to people there's an element of "I was pretty close to going off when I was there too"

Is the unedited version out there or just the one in the link?

i can't find anything indicating that it was edited.

Anyway, here is the tow company's side of the story fwiw:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/04/16/britt-mchenry-tow-truck-video-gina-michelle/

Edited by YoloinOhio

My hand is raised is like a mofo. This woman is doing her job, no matter how detestable someone may feel about that job. This was not jabbing at a Bills game, or yapping in a bar...this wS being downright mean to someone just doing their job. I have never, ever, spoken to someone like that. Now, as someone mentioned, maybe it was edited and the woman was egging her on, but we not hear that in this tape..

BTW, i get the hate for tow companies, but i was often on the other side . Lived in Adams Morgan area of DC for close to 8 years, people would park in front of both entrances to our alley...damn right i called the cops to tow in an instant. Real pain in da ass when you need to leave but people feel their convenience more important than your ability to move.

Hate to say it, but more than once i would come home and both entrances blocked late at night. I had no issue letting the air out of one of their tires of those suburban fuggers who had no clue what a pain in da ass they were being.

But seeing only clips we don't know that the lady was only doing her job. I've seen cars legally parked towed by companies that have employees that are blatantly disrespectful. I've likewise seen polite folks get cursed out by entitled jerks.

Just tempering a reaction a tiny bit before seeing an unedited video.

If tow girl egged her on with some comments about her being spoiled/entitled/princess stuff for instance.... Still not ok to go back at her but would give a little context beyond "Britt is a &%#~"

i can't find anything indicating that it was edited.

Anyway, here is the tow company's side of the story fwiw:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/04/16/britt-mchenry-tow-truck-video-gina-michelle/

Did you not watch the video in the original link? It was like 4 random clips mashed together.... Maybe there's another I haven't seen that you did. It also conveniently made it so you couldn't hear a word of the employee and didn't attempt to caption that section Edited by NoSaint

Was curious and googled the tow company..., of course terrible reviews- no surprise. I wasn't expecting 5 star feedback. But confrontational employees, complaints about lying in spite of documented situations, and an F rating with the bbb seem to back up the "locals dislike the company" comments in the last article

Edited by NoSaint

But seeing only clips we don't know that the lady was only doing her job. I've seen cars legally parked towed by companies that have employees that are blatantly disrespectful. I've likewise seen polite folks get cursed out by entitled jerks.

Just tempering a reaction a tiny bit before seeing an unedited video.

If tow girl egged her on with some comments about her being spoiled/entitled/princess stuff for instance.... Still not ok to go back at her but would give a little context beyond "Britt is a &%#~"

Did you not watch the video in the original link? It was like 4 random clips mashed together.... Maybe there's another I haven't seen that you did. It also conveniently made it so you couldn't hear a word of the employee and didn't attempt to caption that section

I saw/thought the same thing.

Was curious and googled the tow company..., of course terrible reviews- no surprise. But confrontational employees, complaints about lying in spite of documented situations, and an F rating with the bbb seem to back up the "locals dislike the company" comments in the last article

Who in the hell would give a towing company a good rating anyway? Of course no one likes them...but that doesn't justify the arrogant, personalized $hit she was spewing at the attendent.

Sadly, this will probably help her career as rather than being just another in a long line of eye candy she'll now have some name recognition...

Who in the hell would give a towing company a good rating anyway? Of course no one likes them...but that doesn't justify the arrogant, personalized **** she was spewing at the attendent.

Sadly, this will probably help her career as rather than being just another in a long line of eye candy she'll now have some name recognition...

That's why I was curious to read them and not just say it was 1 star. A review that reads "I thought what they were doing was illegal so I took video and the driver chased me down the street in traffic and cursed me out" stood out and "can't believe these jerks took my car" was ignored. Also the bbb grade of an F, may or may not mean anything. I'm guessing not all tow companies are an f but not claiming to be expert in the topic.

Also pretty clearly said it doesn't excuse it if it was going two ways - just that it wouldn't shock me if that's why the video was hacked up that way.

Edited by NoSaint

It's funny - another board I read is much less upset by this. I think the experience had with tow companies in the past may skew reaction. She's definitely wrong, don't get me wrong...., but I think in cities where the towcompanies are more expensive and very rude to people there's an element of "I was pretty close to going off when I was there too"

I've been towed before too and was damn pissed off. I'm sure I gave the attendant attitude and was not pleasant. I didn't berate their intelligence, physical appearance, etc. I understand her being pissed and even degrading the "occupation" of towing cars to an extent, but she showed her true colors and went with the "I'm better than you cuz I'm on TV card". For that alone I hope she gets canned.

There's a way to be mad but it's completely another thing to make it personal.

She's cute but she's a dime a dozen "reporter." She could be easily replaced by another young hot communications major. She comes across so ugly and entitled in that video. Her apology was a joke too.

I hate social media sometimes but I love the replies she has gotten on Twitter. She deserves it. So uppity.

There's a way to be mad but it's completely another thing to make it personal.

She's cute but she's a dime a dozen "reporter." She could be easily replaced by another young hot communications major. She comes across so ugly and entitled in that video. Her apology was a joke too.

I hate social media sometimes but I love the replies she has gotten on Twitter. She deserves it. So uppity.

I guess what I was getting at is would you feel the same about her reaction if she walked in a normal kind of mad (after perhaps a shady tow) and the other girl kicked off the personal insults with a "why you so mad princess? Daddy won't pay it for you?" Kind of comment? Just struck me as weird that the articles specifically site the company as having a bad rep and the video being so tightly cut around her comments. If she was being super polite and professional, displaying that would make Britts offenses look even worse. I could be totally wrong in that gut feeling but something seemed a little off.

Again, not excusing, simply saying there might not be an innocent victim either

Edited by NoSaint

That's the occupational hazard of being in the towing business. I would be shocked if any tow company gets a good review.

Which is why I said read the types of complaints. Even the local paper did a story on this company having a large volume of criticism BEFORE the video came out.

Again, not excusing but edited video plus a bad rep from the company distributing is a red flag

haha - she is an on-field reporter. NFL, NHL, MLB mostly. She was at the Ralph for one of our games last fall and kept saying how freezing it was and it was only like 50 degrees.

Oh, THAT was her. NOW I don't like her. The tow thing was definitely worse than I've ever talked to somebody, but I do get pissed at things like that, and tend to let them know it.

Team Britt McHenry. I was towed once and the video looked the same.

Enjoy my 200.00 for towing my car 3 blocks #}^{**{*#€}%{*er! The a hole who was supposed to release my car, left to go pick up another car while I waited for him to return to fleece me.

Tow companies are mostly scumbags. Non story imo. I'd like to see the naysayers reactions here in the same situation.

This has got to be the longest would ya thread ever

not in looks

Not even close. Mchenry is a total smokeshow.