I'm confused...about Brandon Spikes

Is this guy still looking to re-sign with Buffalo, or some other team? If so it would be in his best interest to not make his thoughts about anything public any longer. The risk is too great for him. But I'm sure he's confused about that too.

If I'm Bills brass, I do some serious thinking about the rish being greater than the reward with this guy. He freely tweets something stupid about a convicted murderer (murder for god's sake! In this town!!) without giving it much thought (I hope). He's in the media spotlight again, and the pictures on all the clicks are of him in a BIlls uniform. YEAH...Awesome, Brandon! Just the imagine we appreciate around here. This is a brilliant part duex to his "4 years a slave" description of life as a Patriot. The guy HAS GOT TO GO at this point in my opinion.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%207.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-16%20at%207.24.3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy still looking to re-sign with Buffalo, or some other team? If so it would be in his best interest to not make his thoughts about anything public any longer. The risk is too great for him. But I'm sure he's confused about that too.

If I'm Bills brass, I do some serious thinking about the rish being greater than the reward with this guy. He freely tweets something stupid about a convicted murderer (murder for god's sake! In this town!!) without giving it much thought (I hope). He's in the media spotlight again, and the pictures on all the clicks are of him in a BIlls uniform. YEAH...Awesome, Brandon! Just the imagine we appreciate around here. This is a brilliant part duex to his "4 years a slave" description of life as a Patriot. The guy HAS GOT TO GO at this point in my opinion.

I don't think Doug Whaley gives a **** about PR.

You've linked to a sidebar in a 13 page thread. I don't think OP was out of line starting a new thread for this.

I don't think Doug Whaley gives a **** about PR.

You've linked to a sidebar in a 13 page thread. I don't think OP was out of line starting a new thread for this.

This exact "sidebar" topic dominated that thread for page after page over the past 2 days. What hasn't been said?

This is the entire "Personal" section of Wikipedia for Brandon Spikes:

As a child, Spikes was raised by his brother, Breyon Middlebrooks, while their mother, Sherry Allen, worked 12-hour days at a fiberglass plant. In 2003, Middlebrooks was found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison, the result of a drug deal in 2001. He writes to Spikes regularly and watches what games he can from his cell at Scotland Correctional Institute in Laurinburg, North Carolina. He is the younger cousin of former NFL linebacker Takeo Spikes.[19]

Sheds some light on his opinion of Hernandez, no?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Spikes

Risk vs reward - Spikes isn't good enough to smear the Bills imagine all over the interent, even if it's only for a couple of days. Pot is the gateway drug. Tweets show you what may be in store for this guy down the road. Miley Cyrus's flat @$$ vs. her really cool smoker's voice and enlightening personality? Risk vs. reward.

who cares what he said. Edited by kr632

This really has nothing to do specific with the Bill's, if he's looking to sign anywhere, his comments weren't the smartest, but raely do we speak about athletes and smarts to begin with. since he did play last season for the Bill's the bar does get raised here a bit higher.

His comments likely will further erode teams interests in him which bodes well for Buffalo as it may tend to lower the offers a bit from Buffalo and others too.

Did the Pouncey brothers have anything enlightening to add?

Those Florida teams were filled with a bunch of winners - the Pouncey, Hernandez, Cooper, Harvin. Real tight ship Urban was running.

And Spikes thinks he is a lot better than he is. If he lower his price, he'd probably be back. But he is a one dimensional LB who is painfully slow in a passing league.

Source?

Could explain the wait

» A change in the NFL offseason calendar could impact how free agents are signed. In previous years, unrestricted free agents signed by other teams counted toward the league's compensatory pick formula until June 1. That day has been moved to May 12, meaning a lot of veteran signings could happen right after May 12.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483423/article/which-teams-have-signed-the-mostfewest-players