Amaro talks about Rex

Drreef2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not against the hire and think that he has a chance to get this team over the hump. My two misgivings are game management and player management. You don't have to be 100% "for" or "against" something.

But unfortunately that's how most on this board act. There are a small number of us (yes, I include myself) who can look reasonably and logically at both sides of an issue; the problem is that the "100-percenters" are so vocal it tends to beat any reasonable discussion into the ground. I was simply making light of that.

It's funny how those who don't like the Rex hire view it as an issue, and those who like the Rex hire view it as a non-issue.

Crazy.

I love the Ryan hire, so I'm not sure what you're talking about!! One can like Rex and still think it's an issue. He's hardly perfect, and he does have flaws. But he has strengths too.

Edited by dave mcbride

This isn't surprising if you read "Collision Low Crossers".

Rex comes across as lacking the ability to get tough with guys, especially those he likes.

Discipline is not his strong suit - there's lots of evidence of that. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and changed....

Said Rex of Amaro: “He’s full of sh-t, and I’ll remind him of that when we play him. Look, we weren’t perfect, and I never said we were going to be perfect. But that’s a f–king b.s. comment. But, hey, he’s happy that he’s got a different coach in place. W e’ll see how happy he is when I play against him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-responds-to-jace-amaro-rex-ryan-style/

Edited by The Tomcat

I am still in disbelief over our coaching staff. My favorite coach over the last 15 years is our head coach. My favorite offensive coordinator over the last couple years (who I wouldn't have been mad if he were our head coach) is our OC. We have on paper one of the top 2-3 rosters in the entire league. Not to mention the sabres completed the tank. Thanks Mr and Mrs. Pegula.

The Jets dispute Ryan’s belief, but it was obvious to anyone paying attention that Rex was walking on eggshells for the last two years. He’s now planning to stomp on anyone who gets in his way, and that’s the Rex Ryan that not only can lead a team to great places but also can make the NFL a lot more fun to follow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-responds-to-jace-amaro-rex-ryan-style/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

From the outside looking in and what has been reported, it looks like Rex had a good deal of respect for Woody Johnson and so he restrained himself from really working the power struggle with the FO the last couple years. When Idzik was executing his "plan" with turning the roster into garbage, especially in the secondary which is what makes Rex's defense tick, Rex tried to maintain a seat at the table of personnel decision-making and was shut out. Rather than complain to woody, he chose to try to make it work with the FO and the roster until it was clear things were irreparable.

Rex was disengaged. He wasn't all-in because the organization wasn't all-in. It must have been a miserable situation for the staff. He is the type who wants to be 100% engaged, full steam ahead.

Edited by YoloinOhio