Jets abandon SUNY Cortland!

The nice words for Cortland were almost the same as the nice words the Bills said when they left Fredonia for St John Fisher. Fredonia went all-out to support the training camps and did a great job. The move north was just an attempt to sell more season tickets. And by the way the Bills haven't made the playoffs since the move. Coincidence, or the curse of Fredonia?

The nice words for Cortland were almost the same as the nice words the Bills said when they left Fredonia for St John Fisher. Fredonia went all-out to support the training camps and did a great job. The move north was just an attempt to sell more season tickets. And by the way the Bills haven't made the playoffs since the move. Coincidence, or the curse of Fredonia?

Obviously it's a curse. What else could it be? :doh:

I wonder if the move into cny was an attempt to claim more fans in anticipation of the bills bolting for toronto or la.

The bills should hold an event or 2 there

I think there was an element of that in their move to Cortland for TC.

The Jints are at Albany every year for TC, so that might have been a part of it too.

But I never really understood that move considering the JESTS have one of the very nicest practice facilities in Florham Park. It's a gem.

Maybe Woody's tired of spending the money to have TC in a remote location.

That's a loss for Cortland. That town also lost out when the world shifted away from typewriters as Smith Corona was headquartered there.

That's a loss for Cortland. That town also lost out when the world shifted away from typewriters as Smith Corona was headquartered there.

Not sure where i was going with that, but it makes more sense to me than that Greenbriar comment.

The bills should hold an event or 2 there

I don't think that would really make sense, as the St. John fisher already accomplished their goals of being closer to the Syracuse market, doing some things in Cortland wouldn't outweigh the negatives, and Cortland, I don't think, is a big enough market to desire. Would they try to increase their draw in Binghamton by doing part of their time in Cortland? Wouldn't make sense, as their reward couldn't mean many more increased ticket sales from so far away.