This was once a Garrett Grayson thread

Hundley is the guy they've been VERY quiet on....

He reminds me a lot of EJ. I don't want another project QB. I'm not really big on any of the guys out there this year. I'm hoping that one of the vets hits the market (or at least the trade market) next offseason. I think that it is possible (if not likely) that Rivers and/or Brees are available. You would have a 2-3 year window with Brees and a 3-5 year window with Rivers I would think. Take your shot then.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Hundley basically EJ?

I really don't feel like they are picking a QB. Rex made comments about properly developing EJ. If they pick a QB, it's a wasted pick IMO.

I agree. I think Cassel / Taylor are their additions. Play up Grayson, Petty & co. in hopes a team picking above us who has rabbit ears will make the move.

I think one of our picks will go to guard and one will be BPA, the others will be lucky to get above the PS.

I agree. I think Cassel / Taylor are their additions. Play up Grayson, Petty & co. in hopes a team picking above us who has rabbit ears will make the move.

I think one of our picks will go to guard and one will be BPA, the others will be lucky to get above the PS.

that's just it. If they want a qb to develop, why not develop the one they spent a 1st rd pick on just two years ago? And use the pick to improve the OL so he has a clean pocket and time to throw. This will make every qb look better than they are.

NEWS FLASH: All teams do.

NEWS FLASH: You don't have to make snap judgments after 1 or 2 seasons. But calling players busts first is super cool.

NEWS FLASH: Margot Robbie is hot.

most definitely

edit: correction drop dead gorgeous

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

He reminds me a lot of EJ. I don't want another project QB. I'm not really big on any of the guys out there this year. I'm hoping that one of the vets hits the market (or at least the trade market) next offseason. I think that it is possible (if not likely) that Rivers and/or Brees are available. You would have a 2-3 year window with Brees and a 3-5 year window with Rivers I would think. Take your shot then.

I'd pass on any QB this year. If Brees or Rivers might be available next year, then wouldn't the odds of a trade this year increase in order to get max value for either of them? I know, most likely a dream.

There's not one quarterback in this draft that I can honestly say is a better prospect than EJ. And besides, EJ is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I'd pass on any QB this year. If Brees or Rivers might be available next year, then wouldn't the odds of a trade this year increase in order to get max value for either of them? I know, most likely a dream.

There's not one quarterback in this draft that I can honestly say is a better prospect than EJ. And besides, EJ is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

No because Brees will still be under contract and they can tag Rivers. They will ultimately will both still be under team control next year.

I like Grayson a lot, but how do you do that? Sounds like Cassel and EJ will start on Field #1 in camp while Tyrod and Tuel will start on Field #2. I get it that Tuel could be given his walking papers at any moment, but seems to be Cassel and EJ are guaranteed a roster spot barring any injuries and Tyrod has an excellent shot at making the team. How do you justify keeping four or cutting Tyrod or Cassel? EJ won't be cut because it hurts the cap situation, meaning it costs less to keep him.

Looked at some of Grayson's highlights and he definitely has potential. Nice touch, normally leads his receivers well, decent arm, sometimes good pocket presence. But footwork especially sucks under pressure, not always aware of the edge rushers, especially blindside. Got some potential, could only see him here as a later round practice squad guy. I just don't think the FO is looking to draft a qb this year unless a real value drops. That's why we have 4 now!

Next year if Spotrac is accurate:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/drew-brees/

Looks like his base salary is fully guaranteed for this year, so getting rid of him will bring a gigantic dead hit this year.

Next year, they can save $20M by letting him go...

I stand corrected. I would think that a restructure and his last contract is probably likely. 3 year $50M with $30M guaranteed. Something like that...

I disagree. We have one of them on our team now. They buy low and sell high. Cassel, Mallet, Guroppolo. They have done pretty well for themselves and meanwhile we have not had any good QB's during that time

They bought low and sold high on Cassel, but that's because he got handed the keys to a Ferrari during his contract season, and was traded to their former GM. Mallett was a loss. And Garroooppoplllleoooeo is a nobody so far.

I think Grayson and Petty are every bit as good as Winston and Mariota. Petty is bigger build than Grayson and has better stats his last 2 yrs combined.I wouldn`t be too upset with either in 2nd or 3rd if we could pick up Marpet. Still like Stephone Anthony in the 2nd and Marpet in the 3rd.

Rex has a reputation as a straight shooter. Whaley does, too. It's pretty hard for me to imagine that they didn't all but promise Taylor a chance to start and a roster spot. That's why he signed with Buffalo, after not having a chance his first four years. Therefore, I think there is very little chance we draft a QB before round 6 unless they trade or cut EJ which I don't see happening either. if anything, Whaley and Rex seem to be talking him up more lately.

Of course, it's possible that they release him but to me it's less than a 5% of it happening, and that's only if he sucks during training camp and preseason. Therefore, without knowing if he is going to be good or bad or great or awful in this system, they aren't going to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and screw over Taylor. I just don't see it, even if Taylor isn't likely to be more than the #3 when all is said and done.

I think what some people struggle with is how much the talent level has risen on the entire roster. 5 years ago Kouandjio not playing a snap when we are running out Ed Wang would have been a real indictment. Now, he wasn't going to play over Glenn and Henderson beat him out.

As has been mentioned, with the benefit of hindsight, it's clear Marrone wasn't interested in the long term outlook. He was resume building. With a coach who wants to be here and has a long term vision, we surely would have seen EJ and Cyrus playing week 17.

How anyone who remembers where this teams talent level was back when we were begging Mario to come can complain about the job Whaley is doing is beyond me. Do people have so short of memories they already forget about the days of Chris Kelsay, Justin Rogers and Kawika Mitchell? Guys who can't make our roster are getting picked up and playing roles on teams like the Pats and Seahawks now, we used to be the last stop on the train to the CFL. Would people really rather be in the position of the Jags or Browns fans where we need to be getting excited about UDFAs who can walk & chew gum?

For me, I saw this differently. It was about changing a culture. You play the guys that have the best chance to win the games. The backups need to take the belt, it shouldn't be given to them. Now if we had already clinched a playoff spot, sure, because of injury etc. But I wholeheartedly agreed with playing the starters all the way because of 15 years of futility.

Oh, and Buddy did start the ball rolling. He discussed building a strong, fast team and then inserting a qb. He and Whaley were on the same page and that vision along with the Pegulas cash have this team ready to fulfill the playoff hopes that we have been waiting for.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh