This was once a Garrett Grayson thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ is better, in my opinion, than Winston and Mariotta. But I guess we'll see soon enough. I pity the team who drafts Winston; he is a headcase. Being athletic doesn't make a good QB in the NFL like it does in college.

You might have the "product of a system" argument, but he's probably the least "athletic" FSU qb since weinke. He runs like 5+ 40. I can do that and I pay to play sports in the county rec league.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

EJ Manuel > Anyone in this draft not named Winston or Mariotta

At least a case can be made for Hundley or Petty. They have a ton of talent and might develop some day. Grayson isnt a star. If he was NFL material then he should be lighting up a crap conference like the Mountain West at a historical rate

Hum. So 4,000 yards, 32 TDs against only 7 picks with a 64.3% completion rate isn't lighting up the conference? That seems pretty darn good to me. Also progressed every single year which shows me he can learn and develop. This guy has just as good of a shot to be something as Hundley and Petty do. It's all a crap shoot, especially after the first round, we just need to keep rolling those dice.

I like the work that Robert Quinn does.

He seems to know his stuff. Did you see his 2-round mock that he put out today... Still has Bills taking Walford. He loves those 'Canes! I actually like that pick but only if he's BPA on their board. Edited by YoloinOhio

You might have the "product of a system" argument, but he's probably the least "athletic" FSU qb since weinke. He runs like 5+ 40. I can do that and I pay to play sports in the county rec league.

I will admit that I didn't realize how slow he is; but I was using "athletic" in a far more general sense.

I just don't think he's going to be any good in the NFL. Dumb people make bad QBs in the NFL. It's been proven over and over. I don't give a crap how smart he was in high school. He's a moron. He'll be a bust and I'm just thankful the Bills don't have the first pick this year.

EJ Manuel > Anyone in this draft not named Winston or Mariotta

At least a case can be made for Hundley or Petty. They have a ton of talent and might develop some day. Grayson isnt a star. If he was NFL material then he should be lighting up a crap conference like the Mountain West at a historical rate

Oh that is all you wanted...

MWC Offensive Player of The Year (2014)

All-MWC 1st Team (2014)

He seems to know his stuff. Did you see his 2-round mock that he put out today... Still has Bills taking Walford. He loves those 'Canes! I actually like that pick but only if he's BPA on their board.

I did and I was going to comment on that. I wouldn't hate the pick but he loves him (and every other 'Cane).

His scouting reports though are pretty solid.

Sounds great! The bills could draft their own fitz/Cassell/Kolb/orton and develop him themselves to be a solid back up or serviceable bottom tier starter..

I know you miss 100% of the shots.. Blah blah

I will admit that I didn't realize how slow he is; but I was using "athletic" in a far more general sense.

I just don't think he's going to be any good in the NFL. Dumb people make bad QBs in the NFL. It's been proven over and over. I don't give a crap how smart he was in high school. He's a moron. He'll be a bust and I'm just thankful the Bills don't have the first pick this year.

His football IQ is off the charts. He has been compared to Peyton Manning. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472988/article/steve-mariucci-jameis-winston-most-astute-xs-and-os-guy

I am not a Jameis fan because I think that he is a little careless with the football and is an idiot off the field but he isn't dumb (or athletic).

Cecil Lammey covers the Denver Broncos but sees a lot of csu and had this to say fwiw

@CecilLammey: @K1NGDAN I like the way he uses his eyes to manipulate the defense, best QB at Sr Bowl this year, good under pressure, needs motion work

Saying he was the best QB at the Senior Bowl isn't saying much. I watched most of the game and he completed barely 50% of his passes and badly over threw his tight end who was wide open for an easy TD.

His football IQ is off the charts. He has been compared to Peyton Manning. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472988/article/steve-mariucci-jameis-winston-most-astute-xs-and-os-guy

I am not a Jameis fan because I think that he is a little careless with the football and is an idiot off the field but he isn't dumb (or athletic).

My biggest problem with him is his obvious point-shaving. I think his character is non-existent. And, I usually subscribe to the "football IQ" philosophy, but not with QBs. I think QBs have to be genuinely smart people to be successful in today's NFL. I think he's dumber than a box of rocks and has the maturity of a 9-year-old.

Hum. So 4,000 yards, 32 TDs against only 7 picks with a 64.3% completion rate isn't lighting up the conference? That seems pretty darn good to me. Also progressed every single year which shows me he can learn and develop. This guy has just as good of a shot to be something as Hundley and Petty do. It's all a crap shoot, especially after the first round, we just need to keep rolling those dice.

Good but hardly historic. He's arguably not even the best QB in that conference. A lot of people feel Keeton is better. I've watched Grayson in 2 bowl games and he never stood out to me. If these draft gurus didn't mention him as one of the top 5 QB's then I never would have even thought he was pro material. Very forgettable in my opinion. Usually a guy coming from a small school has a ton of buzz surrounding him if he's any good. Steve McNair, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco. We heard of all of those guys coming out. The only guy I can think of recently that was off the radar was Kappernick, but he had crazy athletic skills that wowed at the combine. Grayson just looks like an above average QB from a below average school. He doesn't have the ceiling that Petty or Hundley have. They are a gamble but I'm guessing at least one of them breaks through at the next level. Grayson just looks like a career backup to me

Comparison: Kevin Kolb and Brian Hoyer. I don't know about you, but I'm excited!!! Might as well keep swimming along in our backyard "endless" pool of QB mediocrity.

I would agree. Seems very mediocre. Does not possess any above average talents. I just don't see it Edited by kdiggz

@CecilLammey: The 2 teams with the most interest in Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson (at this time) are the #Browns and the #Bills #BillsMafia #NFLDraft

@RyanTalbotBills: LRT: It's been rumored that Grayson is Buffalo's No. 3 QB in this class. #BillsMafia

every time they say smoke it happens.

When they said Spiller, I said no way, then it happened

When they said EJ, I thought they were crazy, then it happened

same goes for Dareus, Gilmore, Watkins except I like them.

Could be. I heard on Sirius that he had a nice pro day. Scouts reported quicker release than expected and great arm strength. He is also known for pocket presence, feeling the rush and he came from a pro style offense.

In his highlights he shows touch on the ball, the ability to throw the deep ball, and he throws receivers open.

Wouldn't be upset that they draft him. Only issue is that the Bills spent a 5th rounder on Cassel, paid Tyrod Taylor, and EJ is only in year 3.

Can you carry 4 QB's?

they will probably drop Taylor anyway

Cecil Lammey covers the Denver Broncos but sees a lot of csu and had this to say fwiw

@CecilLammey: @K1NGDAN I like the way he uses his eyes to manipulate the defense, best QB at Sr Bowl this year, good under pressure, needs motion work

What?