This was once a Garrett Grayson thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW DO YOU KNOW ALREADY

haha...ok we'll see....we had the wost OL n football and Cyrus never saw a snap...yet the jury's still out. oh. ok.

And does anything about that the Bills \have done this off-season indicate that they think EJ is starting material?

I';m not calling Whaley incompetent (yet), but these are looking like 2 HUGE whiffs. So to say that "If Whaley says he's good, he's good" just seems a little bit dubious.

NEWS FLASH: All teams do.

NEWS FLASH: You don't have to make snap judgments after 1 or 2 seasons. But calling players busts first is super cool.

NEWS FLASH: Margot Robbie is hot.

I think what some people struggle with is how much the talent level has risen on the entire roster. 5 years ago Kouandjio not playing a snap when we are running out Ed Wang would have been a real indictment. Now, he wasn't going to play over Glenn and Henderson beat him out.

As has been mentioned, with the benefit of hindsight, it's clear Marrone wasn't interested in the long term outlook. He was resume building. With a coach who wants to be here and has a long term vision, we surely would have seen EJ and Cyrus playing week 17.

How anyone who remembers where this teams talent level was back when we were begging Mario to come can complain about the job Whaley is doing is beyond me. Do people have so short of memories they already forget about the days of Chris Kelsay, Justin Rogers and Kawika Mitchell? Guys who can't make our roster are getting picked up and playing roles on teams like the Pats and Seahawks now, we used to be the last stop on the train to the CFL. Would people really rather be in the position of the Jags or Browns fans where we need to be getting excited about UDFAs who can walk & chew gum?

I'm not sure how this turned into an EJ vs. Jameis thread? There is not a scout int he world that preferrs EJ to Jameis conf out. EJ was considered a project with a 2nd round grade by most in a bad QB draft. Jameis is considered the most pro ready product since Luck and right up there with anyone to enter the draft in the last 20 years.

With that being said Jameis has a history of off the field issues and could flame out. Physically there is no comparison. If Jameis had EJ's off the field reputation he would be graded near Andrew Luck (which is where a lot of scouts have him now).

Personally, I wouldn't want Jameis if I had the 1st overall pick because I don't trust him off the field. I also think that he turns the ball over too much. If I had the 10th pick and he was there that is different.

haha...ok we'll see....we had the wost OL n football and Cyrus never saw a snap...yet the jury's still out. oh. ok.

And does anything about that the Bills \have done this off-season indicate that they think EJ is starting material?

I';m not calling Whaley incompetent (yet), but these are looking like 2 HUGE whiffs. So to say that "If Whaley says he's good, he's good" just seems a little bit dubious.

i don't think it's so much that as saying as an NFL GM whaley knows more about him than TSW posters so If he takes him, they won't hate the pick immediately just because they weren't impressed with him based on what they saw on TV. Edited by YoloinOhio

Great post.

People act like EJ threw more touchdowns than INTs (and led the league) and was 3-13. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

There are idiots here who would have called Peyton Manning a bust and wanted him gone after those rookie year stats.

The sports world has been taken over by the Skip Bayless' mindset. A player struggles right away, much less a QB, who can call them a bust first!!!

And Grayson is just another guy. If the Bills loved him, they would be as quiet as possible to show their interest.

It's the same group that like Blake Bortles and Carr as developmental prospects, but who clearly know EJ is a bust.

Marrone wasn't building a foundation. He was out the door. Besides, Cyrus came into the league VERY young, has admitted himself he was clueless at what it took, learned a ton and all reports are he's putting in serious work.

Henderson wasn't a typical 7th round pick. He was the #1 OT recruit in the country coming out of high school. A lot of teams flagged him solely because of his off the field issues. Those off field concerns haven't been an issue (yet). If he were placed into this years draft right now he would likely be a day 2 pick if not in the conversation with guys like Clemmings as a potential 1st.

i don't think it's so much that as saying as an NFL GM whaley knows more about him than TSW posters so If he takes him, they won't hate the pick immediately just because they weren't impressed with him based on what they saw on TV.

:doh:

sure they would have. the Patriots are the Patriots because they understand player value and they get players to fit their schemes and not the other way around. they get players for cheap knowing that they are there to fill a role and they understand the market well enough to get these players at bottom dollar and then get them to buy in to the organization which then allows them to keep them for bottom dollar even after the player has some success. i think with Brady they knew what they were getting and what his value was. why would they waste a 1st round pick on him knowing he was still going to be there in the 6th? from what i've read though, they did have him very highly ranked though but they also knew that other teams didn't.

No. They got lucky with him. They've drafted 8 other QBs since him and none have come even close. And several of them were drafted higher than Brady.

No. They got lucky with him. They've drafted 8 other QBs since him and none have come even close. And several of them were drafted higher than Brady.

I disagree. We have one of them on our team now. They buy low and sell high. Cassel, Mallet, Guroppolo. They have done pretty well for themselves and meanwhile we have not had any good QB's during that time

sure they would have. the Patriots are the Patriots because they understand player value and they get players to fit their schemes and not the other way around. they get players for cheap knowing that they are there to fill a role and they understand the market well enough to get these players at bottom dollar and then get them to buy in to the organization which then allows them to keep them for bottom dollar even after the player has some success. i think with Brady they knew what they were getting and what his value was. why would they waste a 1st round pick on him knowing he was still going to be there in the 6th? from what i've read though, they did have him very highly ranked though but they also knew that other teams didn't.

if the Bills think Grayson is someone like that then why would they allow reports to leak about how they like him? all that does is tell another team like Cleveland that might want him too that the Bills want him in possibly the 3rd so they will try and get him first. i would take any reports about such and such team liking such and such player with a grain of salt right before the draft. we didn't hear anything about the Bills liking EJ before the draft. in fact, it was all about how we liked Nassib. smoke and mirrors!

They knew Tom Brady was the greatest QB of all time yet were willing to wait until the 6th round to pick him? Interesting draft strategy.

They knew Tom Brady was the greatest QB of all time yet were willing to wait until the 6th round to pick him? Interesting draft strategy.

they knew he was good and they put a value on him. i would hope that the next Joe Montana would go in the 6th round or later too. good value for the price you pay

I disagree. We have one of them on our team now. They buy low and sell high. Cassel, Mallet, Guroppolo. They have done pretty well for themselves and meanwhile we have not had any good QB's during that time

the only one of those they bought low and sold high was Cassel and they had to include Vrabel in that deal too for the one pick they got from KC. They spent a 3rd rounder on mallett and ended up trading for a 6th, and spent a 2nd rounder on Garropollo.

Oh hey the Bills actually tweeted this out. Smokescreen?

@buffalobills: Last 2 seasons: 8,055 passing yards. 61 touchdowns.

A possible 2nd round pick? READ: http://t.co/wMrwxRF10nhttp://t.co/2xaPEIHdz4

Edited by YoloinOhio

they knew he was good and they put a value on him. i would hope that the next Joe Montana would go in the 6th round or later too. good value for the price you pay

They pulled a rabbit out of their ass... They haven't been able to find any QB that comes even close to Brady, and they obviously valued those post Brady QB's higher since they all were drafted earlier using your logic

Edited by ddaryl

the only one of those they bought low and sold high was Cassel and they had to include Vrabel in that deal too for the one pick they got from KC. They spent a 3rd rounder on mallett and ended up trading for a 6th, and spent a 2nd rounder on Garropollo.

Oh hey the Bills actually tweeted this out. Smokescreen?

@buffalobills: Last 2 seasons: 8,055 passing yards. 61 touchdowns.

A possible 2nd round pick? READ: http://t.co/wMrwxRF10nhttp://t.co/2xaPEIHdz4

That link is for Petty, not Grayson. But yeah, it's an elaborate smokescreen that I described in the developmental qb topic. Artificially drive up QB value, maybe one or 2 get picked before 50 that shouldn't have, maybe 1 or 2 more OL make it to 50 than should have

That link is for Petty, not Grayson. But yeah, it's an elaborate smokescreen that I described in the developmental qb topic. Artificially drive up QB value, maybe one or 2 get picked before 50 that shouldn't have, maybe 1 or 2 more OL make it to 50 than should have

yep it's starting to look that way to me too

We have the worst OL in football? Really?