This was once a Garrett Grayson thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be upset about this! EJ could pan out this year and make the pick seem foolish, but a solid looking developmental prospect for a franchise that hasn't had solid and reliable play from the QB position in YEARS shouldn't ever be considered foolish! especially when it appears that the rest of the roster is relatively stable

Who the hell wrote this for you? There's at least three words that are not in your vocabulary.

Cecil Lammey covers the Denver Broncos but sees a lot of csu and had this to say fwiw

@CecilLammey: @K1NGDAN I like the way he uses his eyes to manipulate the defense, best QB at Sr Bowl this year, good under pressure, needs motion work

EJ Manuel was also the best QB in his Senior Bowl. :D

EJ Manuel > Anyone in this draft not named Winston or Mariotta

At least a case can be made for Hundley or Petty. They have a ton of talent and might develop some day. Grayson isnt a star. If he was NFL material then he should be lighting up a crap conference like the Mountain West at a historical rate

Edited by kdiggz

At least a case can be made for Hundley or Petty. They have a ton of talent and might develop some day. Grayson isnt a star. If he was NFL material then he should be lighting up a crap conference like the Mountain West at a historical rate

College football is a different animal. Timmy Chang once lit up that conference at a historic rate. It's not stats that translate to the NFL it is skill sets. Ironically, Jameis' stats last year were not good. His skill set is elite.

I don't know a ton about Grayson so I'm not advocating for or against him. All that I am saying is you need to ignore stats (even though his were great) when evaluating the pro potential of a QB in particular.

EJ is better, in my opinion, than Winston and Mariotta. But I guess we'll see soon enough. I pity the team who drafts Winston; he is a headcase. Being athletic doesn't make a good QB in the NFL like it does in college.

Maybe EJ is better than Winston and Mariota, just saying

EJ is better, in my opinion, than Winston and Mariotta. But I guess we'll see soon enough. I pity the team who drafts Winston; he is a headcase. Being athletic doesn't make a good QB in the NFL like it does in college.

If you think Winston is an "athletic" Qb you must not have watched him much. He is a pocket passer only.

Ask florida state fans who was better, EJ or Winston. They couldn't get EJ out of Tallahassee soon enough once Winston was aboard. They are not in the same category. Winston is a much much better player because he can, you know, throw the ball accurately with anticipation.

If you think Winston is an "athletic" Qb you must not have watched him much. He is a pocket passer only.

Ask florida state fans who was better, EJ or Winston. They couldn't get EJ out of Tallahassee soon enough once Winston was aboard. They are not in the same category. Winston is a much much better player because he can, you know, throw the ball accurately with anticipation.

Winston's season last year was worse than either of EJ's last two seasons. That's a major red flag, to go along with the off-field stuff.

.... against college defenses.