EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still lifting his back foot when he throws. Alex smith disease. Considered by a lot of football people to be the worst mechanical mistake of them all. Supposedly it drastically limits accuracy.

Oh well. Roman got Alex Smith winning games with the sane issue, maybe he can do the same w EJ

He is still lifting his back foot when he throws. Alex smith disease. Considered by a lot of football people to be the worst mechanical mistake of them all. Supposedly it drastically limits accuracy.

Oh well. Roman got Alex Smith winning games with the sane issue, maybe he can do the same w EJ

? The back foot comes up as the weight is transferred to the front foot. In that instagram video it looks like it's a normal transition. I just watched video of Tom Brady throwing and it's the same motion with the foot. Not sure what you're referring to.

Edited by ko12010

? The back foot comes up as the weight is transferred to the front foot. In that instagram video it looks like it's a normal transition. I just watched video of Tom Brady throwing and it's the same motion with the foot. Not sure what you're referring to.

there are a lot of budding NFL films analysts here.

And here I would have thought the worst mechanical mistake would have been something like fumbling it off your lineman's ass.

Also called the Peyton Manning disease and the Drew Brees disease...

Not sure where you heard that from but I don't think that lifting the back foot has anything to do with accuracy

Drew Brees throwing dead accurate throws while lifting his back foot. Lifting back foot theory is BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz_9he4xQK0

Peyton Manning throwing while lifting his back foot.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Also called the Peyton Manning disease and the Drew Brees disease...

Not sure where you heard that from but I don't think that lifting the back foot has anything to do with accuracy

Drew Brees throwing dead accurate throws while lifting his back foot. Lifting back foot theory is BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz_9he4xQK0

Peyton Manning throwing while lifting his back foot.

I know! I heard Greg Cosell mention this about EJ in his interview with John Murphy. Then I watched some Andrew Luck video and saw that he lifts his back foot as well when he throws. Hell, in this video it showed Big Ben lifting his back foot when he threw the football.

Sorry to burst people's bubble, but the throws we see EJ throwing should be the type of throws thie new offense will employ with players like Harvin, Clay, Woods and Watkins.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Cosell was talking about when the back foot gets picked up, not just the fact that it does.

Cosell is probably trying to be controversial like his father was.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I know they are just getting a sweat going but Hogan is telegraphing his route. Watch the way his body leans and his legs before he makes his out cut. If I'm a DB I'm jumping that route all day. I think he is a good athlete but he still has a lot to learn about being a receiver. Our top 3 guys are so much more advanced I don't know how much he is going to see the field this year barring any injuries

I agree that he is telegraphing the route, but the DB can't necessarily jump the route. What if the route is an out and up and the DB jumps it, He's gonna get burnt. Just my .02.

The problem with EJ is not the lifting of the back foot, it's the occasional leaning backwards on throws where pressure was in front of him. IMO, that's correctable and it looks like he's putting the serious work in to smooth out the roughness he came in the league with. At least that's one off season box (putting the work in) being checked.

I agree that he is telegraphing the route, but the DB can't necessarily jump the route. What if the route is an out and up and the DB jumps it, He's gonna get burnt. Just my .02.

because EJ is the QB lol. if it was a good QB and WR duo then I would definitely agree :)

I think EJ has shown the ability to throw a nice deep ball. He's shown it in college and he's shown it in the pros. The problem is that the ball is either right on the money or it's way off. It seems like his best deep throws are always right in the middle of the field. However, the opportunities to throw it deep were few and far between with Marrone. I still think EJ might eventually prove to have the deep throwing talent to make a difference and help the team win a few games. He obviously needs to get consistent on deep throws, but I think that's something that's still possible.

This, to me, is the crux of the argument about EJ. He can do things once in awhile, but not consistently enough to ever be a good NFL QB.

And I see the blaming of Marrone continues, as if the player was an innocent bystander and his success or failure was predicated primarily on the game plan.

Some guys have all the physical attributes you look for but don't have the recognition skills. I think EJ fits into that group, but that probably makes me a "hater."

Edited by BillsVet

If nothing else, the kid wants to win, and would not have done the "Orton" slide short of the plion. Perhaps he can learn from Cassel this year (either w/ Cassel as backup or as starter). Either way, I see improvement w/ Marrone and Hackett gone, and EJ or Cassel should get the job done. The offensive schemes should suit them both well.

Marrrone was all about winning games, not developing a QB. He knew his job was on the line once RW passed and he was right. Just a bad situation for a rookie QB, with a dying owner and therefore a lame duck coaching staff. Maybe this year he gets the restart . We shall see. Not sure we've seen the last of EJ. Cassel will not get you to the promised land. He's just as limited physically as EJ is confidence-wise at this point. Should be interesting. We will run the crap out of the ball and play defense in any event.