News article about Bills more FA signing: Spikes/Veteran WR

http://www.endzonescore.com/buffalo-bills-looking-to-add-veteran-wide-receiver/10765

If Spikes is resigned and the article saying the Bills are looking for a veteran WR, that means a few things:

1: LB will be shored up so the Bills can concentrate on other areas in the draft.
2: Goodwin will more than likely be gone.
3: Hogan will be #4 or #5 on the depth chart.
4: Tuel is history

With that said, if this happens, I expect a massive OLine dominated draft. Maybe a QB, but I doubt it, since they traded for Cassell, got Taylor and still have EJ under contract.

I think the Bills are in good shape at WR, already. Not sure why they feel the need to add another vet. I suppose they might want a bigger, physical type, like they tried with Mike Williams. But, this offense is worlds different than it was last season...new coaches, new skill position guys across the board...

I know, Goodwin has had a hard time staying healthy, but I also think, when healthy, he has shown some abilities. I would like to see what they can do with him.

Tuel has some experience with this team that helps in TC and preseason when he's needed to play. The coaches need to focus all their attention on EJ and Tyrod. I can't see another WR either, unless Flash is traded or released. They have Easley and a few other prospects already.

Just fix the OL or the offense is in trouble again.

http://www.endzonescore.com/buffalo-bills-looking-to-add-veteran-wide-receiver/10765

If Spikes is resigned and the article saying the Bills are looking for a veteran WR, that means a few things:

1: LB will be shored up so the Bills can concentrate on other areas in the draft.

With that said, if this happens, I expect a massive OLine dominated draft. Maybe a QB, but I doubt it, since they traded for Cassell, got Taylor and still have EJ under contract.

If they get another WR I think Hogan is toast. Watkins-Harvin-Woods-NewGuy-Easley. Not sure they can keep more than 5 considering all the guys at RB/HB/FB/TE that Roman will want, and all the front 7 defenders that Ryan will want. Agree with those who think we don't need another WR though.

Hogan will be a nickel CB/DB. His talents are wasted at WR.

What's more interesting is the linked article within this piece about height/weight and WR TD conversion rates.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46279/311/wr-size--and--red-zone-efficiency?pg=1

Interesting, but one thing to keep in mind that despite what the author says, a correlation of 0.29 is far from "strong" - it's really weak. Strong enough that it probably does represent a real effect, but barely. 0.4 is also pretty weak. My point is basically that a good, but small, WR is still a better bet than a James Hardy type.

Reggie Wayne, 1yr contract maybe show Watkins what it takes??

Is he going to show him how to drop passes and run slow? Reggie looked pretty terrible last year and should probably hang up his cleats.

Edited by Meark

I was going to write about this news myself.

I think the Bills will eventually resign Spikes. That would give them Spikes/Bradham/Brown/Powell/Johnson. I think they would still need to draft a LB for added depth........possibly somebody better than Powell and Johnson who are both mostly ST guys.

Getting a vet WR would really make a difference. Watkins/Woods/Harvin are all above average WRs. Hogan can catch, but he's not a standout NFL WR. He and Easley will mostly earn their keep on ST.

Goodwin is an injury waiting to happen because he's so frail (about 179 lbs). I don't think he's in Buffalo's plans.

I think Rex prefers bigger vet WRs. He had P. Burress, S. Holmes, other big vet WRs in NYJ and is looking to acquire the same in Buffalo.

How about WR Vincent Jackson??

Obtaining LB Spikes, WR V. Jackson, and trading a mid round pick for vet OG J. Evans would be some nice gets for a team that many already consider to be the most talented roster in the the entire NFL.

I would certainly explore the QB P. Rivers trade winds if we're going to continue to go big.

I was going to write about this news myself.

I think the Bills will eventually resign Spikes. That would give them Spikes/Bradham/Brown/Powell/Johnson. I think they would still need to draft a LB for added depth........possibly somebody better than Powell and Johnson who are both mostly ST guys.

Getting a vet WR would really make a difference. Watkins/Woods/Harvin are all above average WRs. Hogan can catch, but he's not a standout NFL WR. He and Easley will mostly earn their keep on ST.

Goodwin is an injury waiting to happen because he's so frail (about 179 lbs). I don't think he's in Buffalo's plans.

I think Rex prefers bigger vet WRs. He had P. Burress, S. Holmes, other big vet WRs in NYJ and is looking to acquire the same in Buffalo.

How about WR Vincent Jackson??

Obtaining LB Spikes, WR V. Jackson, and trading a mid round pick for vet OG J. Evans would be some nice gets for a team that many already consider to be the most talented roster in the the entire NFL.

I would certainly explore the QB P. Rivers trade winds if we're going to continue to go big.

santonio Holmes isn't big. I can't think of any "big" vet WRs they brought in while he was there. Unless Decker counts. I forgot burress ever played there.

Yolo,

You're right. Holmes was only about 5'-10", but he was the kind of proven vet WR that Rex liked to pick up.

They had several big WRs. I just can't think of them all. J. Cotchery, Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, et al.

oh that's right forgot about Edwards. He was easy to forget lol

Yolo,

You're right. Holmes was only about 5'-10", but he was the kind of proven vet WR that Rex liked to pick up.

They had several big WRs. I just can't think of them all. J. Cotchery, Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, et al.

he had a lot of guys that were either leftovers or headcases.

for a slightly left field option, im going to throw a mid round draft pick name out there: Chris Conley from Georgia. 6'2, 215lbs, killed the combine, and from what i gather from a friend that grew up with him -- EXCELLENT human being (since hearing him rave, ive read some articles and pretty interesting kid).....

Edited by NoSaint

he had a lot of guys that were either leftovers or headcases.

for a slightly left field option, im going to through a mid round draft pick name out there: Chris Conley from Georgia. 6'2, 215lbs, killed the combine, and from what i gather from a friend that grew up with him -- EXCELLENT human being (since hearing him rave, ive read some articles and pretty interesting kid).....

was just reading about him the other day on bills mafia

@TheBillsMafia: NEW by @RDotDeuce- 2015 NFL Draft: Scouting Potential #Bills Target, WR Chris Conley http://t.co/tcOVaZfw9D http://t.co/xmH9kAqnaV

@TheBillsMafia: NEW by @RDotDeuce- 2015 NFL Draft: Scouting Potential #Bills Target, WR Chris Conley http://t.co/tcOVaZfw9D http://t.co/xmH9kAqnaV

that covers a lot of the football side. big guy, can run, physical --- seems to fit the mold we are seeking. all world measurables.

forbes had a good write up about him as a person earlier this offseason.... considers himself a nerd, loved the academic opportunities in college and was always trying to fight to squeeze more into his days, learned he loved film (and has that star wars movie). he was talking a lot about the need for educating young guys in the draft about financial stuff.

So much for me trying to attach a picture of Jeff Tuel in a tie. I can't figure out how to post it here, but I found one online!

Either hit the photo icon to open the image linking box and copy the picture's URL into that OR do it with an IMG tag like this:

img

I put spaces in the text above so the server wouldn't think it was a legit tag.

Good luck. Tuel in a tie would be a sight! :lol:

Either hit the photo icon to open the image linking box and copy the picture's URL into that OR do it with an IMG tag like this:

img

I put spaces in the text above so the server wouldn't think it was a legit tag.

Good luck. Tuel in a tie would be a sight! :lol:

Tuel once posted a pic of himself on Twitter wearing an infinity scarf. :(

this is the route I think Buffalo should go. Save the $, get spikes, draft Conley. Unless the Bills plan is to save their draft picks. Why would they do that??? RIVERS OR BREES :):thumbsup: