Rex meets with media at owners meetings - quotes for days

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been a problem for him, it was a problem in Philly.

it has - and part is obviously limited touches, but did you know outside of a 2 week stretch in philly where he lost 3, hes only fumbled 2 times and lost 1

Come on Rex....he fumbled the ball ONE time (i wonder if he is doing it in practice)

There hasn't been a practice yet. I think Rex decided he was going to light one guy up, make it clear there will be accountability. That one fumble was huge, but the fact that he is still on the roster means he still has a shot. I have to believe this is a way Rex challenges those he feels can do better.

Yolo, thanks for posting! Great stuff!

Nothing Rex said surprised me except the comment about Brown.

When the rumors were flying around about cutting Fred, I thought he might be the odd man out. And it would make sense, given Fred's age.

But I think Fred still has gas in the tank and his leadership contributions shouldn't be underestimated.

In any case, it seems Brown is the one who has to prove his worth. Given Rex's history as a player's coach, I thought it was odd Rex would publicly call him out that way.

it has - and part is obviously limited touches, but did you know outside of a 2 week stretch in philly where he lost 3, hes only fumbled 2 times and lost 1

But that two week stretch were the two weeks he started right?

There hasn't been a practice yet. I think Rex decided he was going to light one guy up, make it clear there will be accountability. That one fumble was huge, but the fact that he is still on the roster means he still has a shot. I have to believe this is a way Rex challenges those he feels can do better.

I agree. It is painful to hear but urban meyer does this too with the same types of players in the media. Slams them in media, gets their name wrong. He's just issuing a challenge. That said, if he doesn't respond then he will be back on the inactive list.

It was actually a 2 year stretch that he fumbled once.

Come on Rex....he fumbled the ball ONE time (i wonder if he is doing it in practice)

Fumbled it going into the end zone holding the ball like an idiot... A game that would have been won with that TD. It wasn't just a random fumble a team can come back from, it changed the game.

Edited by Beef Jerky

And the guy who failed to fall on that loose ball is gone.

yup -- but the rate he fumbled those two weeks is way out of line with the rest of his career was my point. he definitely needs to prove it wont be an issue, but i think for a lot of fans the timing of the one fumble coupled with the "all that guy does is fumble" rep that he carried from that 3 fumbles in 2 weeks, overstates problem a little bit potentially.

it has - and part is obviously limited touches, but did you know outside of a 2 week stretch in philly where he lost 3, hes only fumbled 2 times and lost

I got to the point last season that I absolutely hated it every time Brown carried the ball. It would give me a heart attack with him bread-loafing the ball, waving it all over the place. I've never seen a RB with such low commitment to even partially trying to secure the ball against his body. I don't know how you get to be a RB at this level and hold the ball like that. Watching him carry the ball that way makes it just feel like it's not a question of if he will fumble, but when.

To me Rex's comments were a shot across the bow to learn how to carry the ball secured, not necessarily that they've given up on him.

Omg

@mikerodak: Ryan wants to build legacy in Buffalo -- said he wants a wooden statue outside Big Tree in 10 years. "But with two arms... Unlike Berman."

What is this in reference to?

@mikerodak: Ryan says McCoy will be "bellcow" but says both he and Fred Jackson could see time on third downs

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan has talked about Bills' backfield depth twice. Both times, mentions Jackson and Dixon -- but not Brown

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan talks about RB backfield. "The fast dude. Brown? I'm not going to learn his name until he holds onto the football."

Rex throws down the gauntlet. That's the quote of the interview as far as I'm concerned.