Direct tv alternatives ?

This is from long time ago, so Info may be wrong.

1) if it is just apartment owners saying no dice on the dish, don't belive they can do that.

2) if it is line of sight thing, think you can get the ticket on either playstation or Xbox ( not sure which one) after you prove cannot get a signal.

Edited by plenzmd1

Specifically, live, out-of-market NFL games can be streamed without a DirecTV subscription if: (1) the customer lives in New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco; (2) the customer lives in an apartment building where DirecTV is not available; or (3) the customer attends the University of Washington, Texas at Austin, USC, Michigan-Ann Arbor, Florida, Colorado at Boulder, Alabama, Syracuse, Ohio State, or Harvard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/sunday-ticket-now-available-without-a-satellite-with-limitations/

Call DirecTV

I recently had to move to an apartment building that can not use direct tv.

thank you

None at all or are the limitations?

first off

is your apartment facing the South? If not you can't get a signal.

They will always say you cannot attach your dish with bolts to their building - so you put it in a 5 gallon bucket and a bit of concrete for weight.

Or

the antenna cannot be visible?

cannot be hanging out over a porch railing?

these can be achieved.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

DTV offers Sunday Ticket online if you can't get DTV in your building (I, like you, can't get it in my condo because the building will not put up a DTV dish, just a Dish Network dish - okaaaay).

I've used it for the past three years now and mostly love it. Just make sure you have speedy Internet, or get ready to yell at the computer / TV!

You can also upgrade from just laptop, phone and tablet to XBO / PS4 for like an extra $100 per year (crazy, IMO since that used to be included).

This is from long time ago, so Info may be wrong.

1) if it is just apartment owners saying no dice on the dish, don't belive they can do that.

2) if it is line of sight thing, think you can get the ticket on either playstation or Xbox ( not sure which one) after you prove cannot get a signal.

I can confirm all of that - as of a couple of years ago anyway. They cannot ban dishes of that size - they made a law for that.

If you can confirm (verbally) that you can't get line of sight, you can just rent the Sunday Ticket online.

I use the Sunday Ticket online streaming. Works great 95% of the time. You must have a fast HSD connection. I stream the games to my iphone and use a lightning to Hdmi adapter to the Tv. Picture is good and usually have very little buffering.

Edited by thronethinker

None at all or are the limitations?

first off

is your apartment facing the South? If not you can't get a signal.

They will always say you cannot attach your dish with bolts to their building - so you put it in a 5 gallon bucket and a bit of concrete for weight.

Or

the antenna cannot be visible?

cannot be hanging out over a porch railing?

these can be achieved.

Much better than a bucket and concrete :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n9d9sx

post-11748-0-37100700-1427241833_thumb.jpg

aesthetically yes, but you still need a few (at minimum) 10 pound bags of sand to hold it in place so it doesn't get bumped and move out of alignment. .

Yeah for using it full time I suspect so. I only use mine from time to time. Tailgating would be a good use for it too :)

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for the topic .

Never apologize for bringing this topic up/creating new threads for it.

I've had NFL Sunday Ticket via DirectTV.. then I bought it from'm and streamed it off my Playstation 4. The PS4 experience was beyond maddening. The quality was terrible and it would just cutout sometimes... and you have no one to call. DirectTV says holler at PS4... PS4 is like lol, leave me alone.

buy a slingbox, give it to someone in WNY.. watch games together and rejoice.

If a TBD poster watched every bills game, then redzone when no bills is on... well.. i'd buy you a slingbox.

I also cannot get DirectTV due to a sightline issue. Here are the best options:

(1) slingbox as someone suggested, (I have heard that picture quality can be spotty depending on the others TV)

(2) acquire DirectTV Sunday Ticket online and watch on Ipad/tablet, Computer, etc.

I have always used option 2. The picture quality is 90% solid. You can always access the online version, even last year when they claimed it was limited to certain areas. Just open an account with a friend in that area, and use that.

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for the topic . I recently had to move to an apartment building that can not use direct tv.

I see there are some other ways to get the nfl package but it is all very confusing to me

can anyone tell me which format works the best or at all ?

thank you

If you are in Western NY an indoor digital antenna would probably bring in local channels.

Hello All,

I have a couple questions related to this issue. First, it should be noted I live in Puerto Rico so my options are different than the U.S.

Anyhow, as far as I have heard DirectTV is the only way here to get games. Currently I am not a customer of any cable/Satellite company but do have a TV with a Roku. Also, from what I heard is in PR they never offer a discount on the Sunday ticket. Football is not very popular here and only a handful of bars have the package.

I have been going to a bar that has the games on Sundays and I am happy with that.

My question is, what networks will be carrying the primetime games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday?

I want to look into a way to access these games.

Thoughts?

Hello All,

I have a couple questions related to this issue. First, it should be noted I live in Puerto Rico so my options are different than the U.S.

Anyhow, as far as I have heard DirectTV is the only way here to get games. Currently I am not a customer of any cable/Satellite company but do have a TV with a Roku. Also, from what I heard is in PR they never offer a discount on the Sunday ticket. Football is not very popular here and only a handful of bars have the package.

I have been going to a bar that has the games on Sundays and I am happy with that.

My question is, what networks will be carrying the primetime games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday?

I want to look into a way to access these games.

Thoughts?

My understanding is Thursday will be covered by both CBS and NFL Network for the first half of the season, then exclusively on NFL Network for the second half of the season. Sunday night is NBC, and Monday is ESPN.

You can get NFL ticket streaming in HD to a computer or ios device from Direct TV if you live in an apartment that doesn't allow satellites. You can google it and do it all online or just give them a call. It's a little pricey IMO, but it works great.

You can get NFL ticket streaming in HD to a computer or ios device from Direct TV if you live in an apartment that doesn't allow satellites. You can google it and do it all online or just give them a call. It's a little pricey IMO, but it works great.

thank you

do you watch on your computer or do you attach your computer to the tv and watch on the larger screen

Don't get it in Xbox....the morons didn't have it working until week 4....I lost it again last 3 weeks of season when it disappeared off my Xbox...just wouldn't even show the icon or ket me start the app...complete morons at Xbox have a 30 min menu/hold process. All to tell u to unplug it. afterward, they escalate u which means no one will ever do anything...and they never did. I lost/ missed 5 games and was thoroughly pissed every time spending my Sunday mornings calling idiots at directv who ask 50 questions about your address and phone Number etc,,,then say to call Xbox,that its not their app. They even told me to call nfl now! Complete b.s. w no accountability...and it costs extra! Get it on your laptop or phone and buy an hdmi out.

Edited by enlightener

I usually go to the local Bills backers bar in lighthouse point. I think this year I'll buy an Xbox and go that route. It got kinda lame seeing the same faces every week,especially the old lady who screams obscenities at the tv like a trucker

noo! Read my post above

thank you

do you watch on your computer or do you attach your computer to the tv and watch on the larger screen

I watch it on my laptop while sitting on the sofa. I have an Apple TV so I could mirror it to the TV but my kids have control of the TV and it's usually on Nick Jr. :-). It works great on the computer and then I can hit the shout box during the game with my I pad.

My cable company says you can get it via Sony Playstation. I have XBOX and didnt see it on there, though I didnt go looking. I switched back to Direct TV.

you will have to get a new pic for your profile, i already am using that one, dont you see it?

I usually go to the local Bills backers bar in lighthouse point. I think this year I'll buy an Xbox and go that route. It got kinda lame seeing the same faces every week,especially the old lady who screams obscenities at the tv like a trucker

Please leave my mother out of this discussion. Thanks.

Even through X-box, I believe you're still getting the streaming ST package which to legally qualify, you have to not be able to get ST via DTV.

I had the streaming package one year, think it was the first year it was available, maybe it's improved since, but at the time wasn't overly impressed. Signal quality wasn't the best, couldn't pause rewind, etc. The "buttons" were there on the screen, but pressing them did nothing. It may have been they had hoped to have this functionality working, but didn't get there in time. Maybe by now is working. You couldn't watch 4 games at once in full screen so you'd end up with about a 2" sized screen for each game.

To qualify for the streaming package, they asked you three questions (at least at that time)

Do you currently have DTV?

Can you get DTV?

Have you ever had DTV at this address?

I think they do look up the address to determine if there was ever a DTV subscription at the address you are giving, If there was even through a prior owner, you're probably out of luck. Likewsie pretty easy for them to know if you currently have it. Can you get DTV, well that's an easy one to get around as get is a somewhat subjective term.

xbox one then it streams through the tv ? that is great

thanks everyone.

I've been watching it thru the ps4 w a buddy's DTV signin for years. Works great.

My friends a Falcons fan and watches them at home thru the regular service while I use his login for web access thru ps4 hooked up to the big screen. We split the cost of the ticket. All works well.