Trade for Ryan Nassib?

Vinaccia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should sign thsi guy too, I mean just look at his college tape:

If you look at the Nassib tape of the Missouri game, you see a guy who is hitting receivers in stride, down the seam, tight coverage, with a strong arm. Tebow's highlight is primarily short passes and runs, with the long passes to wide open receivers. Nassib has some skills, good size, and a strong arm. He hasn't had his shot yet behind Eli.

This is my favorite Nassib game, the comeback against Missouri. Yeah, Syracuse never played anybody good.

1. An outlier does not equal an overall strong schedule.
  2. Mizzou was not good that year. They finished 5-7.

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

Number of snaps till season starts available makes 4 QBs in competition a bad idea.

His college coach passed on him in the draft. That should tell you everything you need to know. Even Steve Spurrier wanted his Danny Weurffel as QB during his time at the Redskins.

His college coach was Doug Marrone. That means we prob should have taken him.

1. An outlier does not equal an overall strong schedule.
  2. Mizzou was not good that year. They finished 5-7.

According to SEC fans, every SEC team is always better than the best team in every other conference? :flirt:

His college coach passed on him in the draft. That should tell you everything you need to know. Even Steve Spurrier wanted his Danny Weurffel as QB during his time at the Redskins.

Marrone passed on him in the draft?

MAKE THE TRADE NOW HE MUST BE A STUD!!!!!!

In all seriousness, from what I saw of him in college and pre seasons, I see no reason why he couldn't beat out cassel or tyrod taylor or EJ.

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

I will say its a safe bet we won't be bringing in anymore QBs outside the draft. We already have 3 guys they want in the battle, plus Tuel. There are only so many reps...and they have investments in all 3 (High draft pick in EJ, traded for Cassel, and signed Taylor), so I doubt they did that if they weren't committed to having them in camp. My guess is we draft one if a guy we like is there at a value we like, cut Tuel, and go to camp with 4.